Next round of updates!
OK, so with the LighTech chain adjusters
, I'd lost the axle block sliders, which wasn't good. Fortunately LighTech offers a very nice set of delrin axle sliders for the front and rear
, with aluminum inserts with some color options.
Installation was a breeze and the style is much sleeker than those they replaced. Very light as well.
While there, I opted for the
Superbike Lifters, in black,
also offered by LighTech for their Chain Adjusters.
We use the correct stand for the lifters, but left the spools on for situations where the lifter stand may not be handy.
Next, we installed the Galespeed / Active remote brake adjuster
. This will be very helpful for overcoming fade in longer races, or track sessions, especially at Road Atlanta. For the money, the kit is an excellent value. It must be cut to length, then squaged, using supplied materials.
It wasn't a direct fit for our RCS master cylinder, which utilizes a different adjuster post than some other Brembo master cylinders, where the knob is pressed instead of held in placed by a pin.
This was an easy remedy, we simply drilled a hole in the base of the post to match the portion of the adjuster that slides over. We then used a cotter pin to secure the assembly.
Next, we installed an APE Racing Manual Cam Chain Tensioner
. This was a little trickier than I initially thought. The tension on the cam chain must be just right, or the chain will jump the teeth on cam sprockets.
For the first time in the history of the bike, there's no ticking at startup and it starts on the first try cold, which is a first.
Lastly, I replaced the OEM steel subframe bolts -
- with anodized aluminum units.
The new bolts were 20g lighter each. Not a bad way to drop some weight. Much more will be coming soon, including something you won't find anywhere else for the crossplane R1. Stay tuned!