My 2011 R1 - a work in progress - Page 10 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #181 of 212 (permalink) Old 09-09-2014, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Analysis. I wish the CMCs would come back around, but that's not happening anytime soon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 212 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Here's a cool shot from the last South East round of the year at RA.

A little screen cap from onboard:

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

post #183 of 212 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 03:41 PM
And Stateside again...

Tell him to check his Fuel level next time.

post #184 of 212 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
That's traction control kicking in, there was some oil dry on the line.

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

post #185 of 212 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 04:55 PM
And Stateside again...

ooh gotcha.
post #186 of 212 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Season's almost over, but we're still trying stuff out on the bike. Latest round of updates start with an Ohlins FGR 151 pressurized gas cartridge kit.

I wish I had more photos of the install for this one, but it's been a hectic week with Daytona and the GNF so close.

Next, we wanted to try out the CABS blipper with a shift sensor vs the clutch for activation. We used a DynoJet PCV pull-type sensor for this.

Now the CABS is automatically enabled while downshifting (and using the brakes).

More cool stuff coming very soon.

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

Last edited by AKDMA; 10-16-2014 at 04:06 AM.
post #187 of 212 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
We just finished up testing the FGR gas cartridges and the Dynojet/Techtronics combo at Barber Motorsports Park. We found that the new forks worked amazingly well and the blipper setup is great. You still have the option of using the clutch as before, or going full clutchless on downshifts.

We also got our BDK Race Generator kit in.

Contents of the kit:

OEM stator in place (flywheel removed)

BDK stator and flywheel installed (over 2lbs saved here)

All buttoned up, BDK rectifier installed

The BDK unit replaces the OE unit and is approximately 1/4lb lighter.

Since we removed the OE overflow to install the rectifier/regulator, we installed a factory-style overflow reservoir at the front. We'd been meaning to do this for a while.

We'll have some on-track feedback after this weekend. More really cool stuff coming soon!

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

Last edited by AKDMA; 10-24-2014 at 02:35 AM.
post #188 of 212 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 12:37 PM

Leaving no stone unturned ....

99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
post #189 of 212 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikstr View Post
Leaving no stone unturned ....
There's some more really cool stuff coming in (hopefully before this weekend).

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

post #190 of 212 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 02:28 PM
And Stateside again...

I scored an AK-Gas front end(complete) and a Penske Triple rear for mine for an unbelievable price.
also just changed sprockets. I'm at 15/45(-2/-2) which puts me where my guy recommended for a ratio. He actually recommended 16/48(-1/+1) which is a 3.0 ratio same as where I am now.
Now I need to find a couple spare rear sprockets in 44,43,42 count to get the perfect ratio for me.

Still can't believe how fun this bike is even on a stock motor set up.
post #191 of 212 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Very true, the 09+ R1 is just very underrated in general. 15/45 is good for a stock motor, we still use that gearing at a handful of tracks with the built motor.

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

post #192 of 212 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 04:18 PM
And Stateside again...

15/42 puts me really close to stock which would be idle for street use and having multiple cush drives makes swaps super easy.
post #193 of 212 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Motoholders subframe, tail removed.

Subframe, fuel tank removed.

Anthony installing the FTR subframe/underseat fuel tank.

Tail section fited.

Faux tank fitted. Assembly is mostly done, just a few more finishing touches.

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

post #194 of 212 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 02:22 PM

woohoo!!!!! nice...... shame they don't have it in carbon.... he he

99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
post #195 of 212 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 02:23 PM
And Stateside again...

Whatcha doing with that Motoholder unit?
post #196 of 212 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLRSKUNK View Post
Whatcha doing with that Motoholder unit?
Ha, I'm sure it will be going up for sale very soon. Do you want it?

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

post #197 of 212 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 04:35 PM
And Stateside again...

I knew you'd say that.
PM me a price when you get there and I'll let you know ASAP.
Wife and I are trying to buy a house near my kids school so extra spending has been asked to slow down till that's done but I have a hard time saying no to good deals.
post #198 of 212 (permalink) Old 10-30-2014, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

post #199 of 212 (permalink) Old 10-30-2014, 05:33 PM
And Stateside again...

looks good now how much for that subframe?
post #200 of 212 (permalink) Old 10-30-2014, 06:09 PM
Panigaliscious

Would love to see an itemized price list of all the bits on this bike. Has to be staggering.

1985 Honda VF1000R, 1990 Ducati 851, 2008 YZ450F
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode