Some videos of my crossplane R1 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 02:37 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Some videos of my crossplane R1

Just some videos I thought I'd share.
RSV4 chasing me:

A compilation of some track footage:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 03:02 AM

Track day compliation

Good job! Nice race lines and entry/exit speed!

2002 RC51
2008 R6
2010 R1
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 03:06 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks! I'm always focused on improving. Hope I can get another track weekend in this year.

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 03:10 AM

Improvement

Yeah, I think we'd all like to...Wouldn't it be great to do that as a full time job?

I'm doing the full weekend course at ACC North Course on 8/18 - 8/19. I'm thinking of running the piggy and R1. We'll see...

2002 RC51
2008 R6
2010 R1
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 03:25 PM

Damn you made those guys look like newbs, good stuff

I`m not addicted to coke, I just like the smell.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks man. Can't wait to make another one from the track. I barely shot anything from the last day I went. I'm turning really lazily and am slow to get on the throttle in that one, costing a lot of time.

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
There are a bunch of videos on my channel if anyone cares to see more:
Akilldema's channel - YouTube
The most recent is me following my friend who took ownership of my beloved RC and had a spill. He's ok.

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 04:23 PM
Panigaliscious

The '09+ R1 is probably the only new Japanese pure sportbike I would consider buying new. Everything else is just more of the same, while the R1 is unique. Reliability seems excellent for them as well, it seems Yamaha really did a good job with the bike. Some may say it is heavy, but it is all relative (I could also lose a few pounds).

The '06 R1 LE is cool too, but mainly because of its looks and bling factor.

1985 Honda VF1000R, 1990 Ducati 851, 2008 YZ450F
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I'm with you. The options I was interested in were: 09+ R1, KTM RC8 and Aprilia RSV4. I loved my RC and it was setup just right for me, so I didn't want to just give it up for anything. I rode an RSV4 Factory a few times as my main riding buddy has one and I couldn't find a used RC8 for a price I was comfortable paying.. and I had this nagging feeling I'd be compromising some reliability and performance. I couldn't be happier with my choice. You can gain power and drop weight very easily on the R1, I've dropped over 30 lbs off of mine and it makes a lot more power when you get rid of ECU throttle/timing restrictions and install a 3/4 exhaust. The stock suspension is also amazing.. couldn't believe how good it was out of the box with some adjustments compared to the RC's stock stuff that I hated. Here are some pics of it and the RC at the track and some street riding pics. Spins the rear easily!
Attached Images

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode