new r1 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

new r1

Hey guys i just bought a 2005 r1 all stock was just wondering where i should start with power adders? Also what makes are the best bang for the buck im only usibg it on the street but i do plenty of high speed highway runs and im being beat by a 05 zx10. I dont want this to happen anymore lol any info would be awesome thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 12:11 AM

more power? as a liter bike isn't powerful enough for you? I guess you ride this thing beyond its full potential.

I`m not addicted to coke, I just like the smell.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

Dont get me wrong its got plenty of power but another 10-15 hp from exhaust and pc would wouldnt be frowned upon lol

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 12:52 PM
Big Thymer

This might not be the best forum for model specific advice about that particular bike, but some general guidelines for go-fast (as mentioned):
  • Lose weight from emissions device removal
  • Lose weight from extraneous components removal (passenger pegs, other components that can be removed/replaced with lightweight ones like clipons, rearsets)
  • Exhaust
  • Power commander
  • Proper dyno tune
  • Model specific performance tweaks (as examples, the GSXR SRAD 750 wiring/resistor modification, the newer (~'07/'08) 02 sensor eliminator from Graves or even our soft-rev mod on RC51s and I'm sure there are lots of other examples out there).
  • 520 conversion
  • Lightweight wheels

The '07 R1 I had responded very well to exhaust, PC and 520 and a few other small things I forget (PAIR block off plates probably).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 10:42 PM
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDLUV12 View Post
Hey guys i just bought a 2005 r1 all stock was just wondering where i should start with power adders? Also what makes are the best bang for the buck im only usibg it on the street but i do plenty of high speed highway runs and im being beat by a 05 zx10. I dont want this to happen anymore lol any info would be awesome thanks in advance.
I own a 2006.

A full exhaust, PC, and some rearsets will make a huge difference

Their wheels are light enough and the front forks and OEM shock are not bad for the street

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 03:20 AM

R1

+1 what Mark said, but I'd look into a 520 conversion...Perhaps a -1/+2 and a DID ERV520 chain. Also, invest in some good pads and SS brake lines. It will stop better and thus giving you more confidence. Of course, keep the front wheel down!

2002 RC51
2008 R6
2010 R1
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 02:28 PM

I believe these bikes have shitty brakes. Buddys brakes went mushy half way trough a session at the track, the fluid gets too hot, and brake feel at the lever keeps changing because of it. That would be priority for me to upgrade.

I`m not addicted to coke, I just like the smell.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2013, 06:23 PM

Hello dude..I have owned 2006 its full exhaust and well status of the engine its power is more as compare to the other models..Love it.

|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode