Sad state of America - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Dr. Carbon

Sad state of America

Anyone outraged regarding the verizon debacle or is the spin that it's for the common good? Not to mention countless other Orwellian occurrences past....

Sad state. I would hope that one day the personal liberties and rights of yesteryear (long gone) will once again become the life blood of this nation. Hopefully in my lifetime as I would like to be part of it. Until then I'm fine with holding a passport of the free-er country to your north.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-2013, 02:43 AM
...clink...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20_RC51_00 View Post
Anyone outraged regarding the verizon debacle or is the spin that it's for the common good? Not to mention countless other Orwellian occurrences past....

Sad state. I would hope that one day the personal liberties and rights of yesteryear (long gone) will once again become the life blood of this nation. Hopefully in my lifetime as I would like to be part of it. Until then I'm fine with holding a passport of the free-er country to your north.
America as you (we) remember it is long gone...
It can never be like that again.

nero
'06 999
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-2013, 03:35 PM

You'll be hearing from the IRS about this post.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2013, 01:23 AM Thread Starter
Dr. Carbon

Do people talk much about things like this? Im visiting some friends in NYC soon and will slide it in during conversation and see how it goes. They are pretty much dems though and on the terror-for-freedoms train i think.....

My brother and I are always discussing the political issues of the time. It's funny we are both very much of similar mind set even though we were not very close during our formative years(teen) and would be what one would call a constitutional libertarian of the american type.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2013, 05:26 AM

checks and balances

What ever happened to the system of checks and balances, where the government worked for the people, was appointed by the people and SERVED the people. They now sit back on their fat asses and do whatever they want and we do nothing to stop them... This country is no longer a democracy, the constitution, bill of rightsand other founding documents no longer apply.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2013, 08:09 PM

We have a president who spies on Americans, uses the IRS to target his enemies, and the DOJ to target reporters.

I blame the idiots who voted for this third world dictator.
........and the fawning media.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2013, 09:46 PM

It's actually quite amusing when you think about it.

The very people who were literally frothing at the mouth over the Bush Administration over MUCH LESS have been awfully quiet on most of the scandals that have been breaking out as of late.

Simply put, if these very scandals were done by a Republican we'd never hear the end of it AND they'd be hooting and hollering for an impeachment process until it happened. Now? Eh, not so much.

The media should be held accountable for their actions, if it weren't for the AP debacle, we'd probably not even heard much about the other two. Even STILL though, look at how it's died down already?!?!?

The people in this Admin are far worse than the former ever were, most of the complaints about the PA in the early days, although some legit, I thought were ridiculous due to how recent the 9/11 attacks were and the importance in keeping us safe. BUT!!! The level of ignorance by the supporters of this Admin and how they ignore the levels of invasion of our rights on a threat that is 12yrs old now is absurd. These are the very same people who didn't care if AQ still had operatives here planning a second attack soon after 9/11 and now.....crickets.

Amazing stuff.

You guys can think I'm nuts all you want, but before I see a complete demise of this country, I PRAY for a secession. Let the libtards run and fail their part of the country on their own beliefs/failures. And let the rest of us live happily on ours, it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out how long it'll take for their demise, they've been doing a pretty damn good job so far on a national level.

'12 Tri Explorer
'05 GSXR1k (4Sale)
'00 RC51 (4Sale)
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-09-2013, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Dr. Carbon

^ I hear you. It was a unique and interesting vantage point being an outsider to all that went on during that time. Not only the atrocities on human life but the politics and the opinion that I witnessed on here.

Each regarding some "whistle blowers" from the NSA

NSA Spying: Whistleblowers Claim Vindication On Surveillance State Warnings

NSA Whistleblowers: Spying Operation Has Been In Place For Years, Involves All Major U.S. Phone Companies
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 02:52 AM
...clink...!

V is for vendetta...

If you've never seen it, watch it. It's becoming a reality and yes this thread is being monitored.

nero
'06 999
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 03:40 AM Thread Starter
Dr. Carbon

I just got back from the gym and saw a few clips of piers morgan and cooper both discussing whether the nsa leaker should be viewed as a hero or a traitor....

..then they showed a poll of americans asking whether the spying on citizens calls etc is a reasonable means to an end and 56% agreed with whats going on while 41% disagree with such practices...FACK

You got to be kidding me.. there are just too many sheep there for you guys to ever get back to a healthy state... as long as new cell phones keep coming to market every half hour and celebrities and hip hop artists are doing their thing the majority prob dont understand the dire consequences of what is slowly happening or actually dont care....

These wars are wars of ideology, they can not be won. only risks mitigated, and that starts at your own border.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 06:00 PM
...clink...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20_RC51_00 View Post
I just got back from the gym and saw a few clips of piers morgan and cooper both discussing whether the nsa leaker should be viewed as a hero or a traitor....

..then they showed a poll of americans asking whether the spying on citizens calls etc is a reasonable means to an end and 56% agreed with whats going on while 41% disagree with such practices...FACK

You got to be kidding me.. there are just too many sheep there for you guys to ever get back to a healthy state... as long as new cell phones keep coming to market every half hour and celebrities and hip hop artists are doing their thing the majority prob dont understand the dire consequences of what is slowly happening or actually dont care....

These wars are wars of ideology, they can not be won. only risks mitigated, and that starts at your own border.
CNN and the sheeple are OK with Obama intruding upon your 4th ammend rights, just not the evil GWB doing it.

Like I said earlier, Amerika is finished...
Actually didn't take O very long to do it either.

nero
'06 999
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Dr. Carbon

the reason the average dufus doesn't mind is because they have been conditioned not to. Critical thinking has gone out the window and narcissism has taken the lead via twitter/facebook/etc etc where unbridled display fo ones personal life in the pursuit of instant gratification and acknowledgement have become the sole priority.

This is just a natural evolution and it will only become a more intrusive beast as the younger generations become more and more dependent/accustomed to such intrusions/"social media". Also playing into it, as the bottom keeps falling out from underneath the lowest common denominator thanks to the education system.... This may be the new norm imo.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 11:44 PM Thread Starter
Dr. Carbon

here is a good one for canadians

Illegal to wear a mask in public if in a group of 3 or more....

Mask ban: Canada's veiled protesters face 10 years' jail ? RT News

well I for one would happily disrupt the peace in protest(peaceful ofcourse) if in disagreement with something and wanted to show support. Given my position within my community and my opinion being potentially politically divisive, this could have a negative implication for my livelihood.

Covering my face but being present in body would show my support for a cause but still keep me "politically-closeted" and allow me to continue providing my services in my community without the risk of potential judgement or prejudice.

Wearing a mask doesn't break windows or start car fires. This has the potential to deter peaceful public assembly and dissent as well, a slippery slope. The end doesn't justify the means.

any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode