Fiscal Conservatism - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 01:01 AM Thread Starter

Fiscal Conservatives...

...are Democrats.

Headache.

Last edited by Gnhtsg; 04-12-2013 at 01:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 01:34 AM Thread Starter

And NOW (that a black Muslim Kenyan is president) they want spending cuts?
Really?

Does anyone take these clowns seriously?
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 02:24 PM

That is a misleading graph obtained from moveon.org and it doesn't include all government spending. It excludes items the government considers transfer payments. The 2 largest expenditures in your graph is defense and state and local expenditures. Thank god Reagan spent so much on defense without his vision for Star Wars we wouldn't be able to protect our allies from those maniacs in N Korea today and state local spending Reagan had no control over. Here is a link to a graph that shows true government spending under Reagan and Obama.

http://www.objectobot.com/wp-content...3/untitled.bmp

Sorry for not knowing how to include the graph in my post.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Doesn't look like MoveOn to me. Looks like it's published by TPM, something similar to MoveOn, and the stats come from:
U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)

AND, if you search "net change in government spending" at MoveOn you'll come up with a blank. Without further evidence, I can only conclude you are making things up...not that that surprises me. Nothing surprises me here anymore.

Net Change In Government Spending | MoveOn.Org

Did anyone else notice that Mr. 998's graph does not list or include or even remotely hint at who produced his graph? So where, oh where, did Mr. 998 come up with his fabrication? I can only guess. The usual suspects, I assume.
I do hand it to you on your use of words to spread the bull though. Nicely done.

Wait...
You're not catshit with a new name, are you?

And yeah, thank god for Reagan. Without him we wouldn't have had the housing bubble and millions more wouldn't have died from AIDS.
Reagan: clearly the most over-rated, hyped, Teflon-coated president in the history of the world. And I voted for the nitwit his first term.

Last edited by Gnhtsg; 04-12-2013 at 10:42 PM.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

http://www.objectobot.com/wp-content...3/untitled.bmp

Speaking of clowns, check it out^. They couldn't even spell constant correctly. ROTFLMAO Even little nero could do better than that.
God, this is one bizarre forum. (Wacky emoticon, here, since no one has fixed it yet and probably never will)
I'll bet my left ball that all these "gentlemen" (cough, cough) are guntarded too.

Last edited by Gnhtsg; 04-12-2013 at 11:26 PM.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-13-2013, 01:57 AM

The site I referenced claims to have taken the data from the US Bureau of Economic Analysis the same as yours...to be honest after looking through the data I haven't been able to replicate either using their interactive charts. According to the US Bureau of Economic Analysis spending has increased from 3544.9 to 3923.1 between 2009 and 2012 which is a 10.6% increase.

You can thank Carter for the housing bubble a result of the community reinvestment act which also saw regulatory changes under Clinton. Clinton's repeal of Glass Steagall can also be pointed to. Can you point to a specific Reagan policy that caused the housing bubble?

I have no idea who catshit is I changed my handle once -- I was calamari from 01 to 04 and 998sFE since then. I've witnessed you personally attack others in previous threads -- save it I'm not interested in fighting with you. I'm always open to learn something just don't act like an a$$hole.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-13-2013, 03:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 998sFE View Post
The site I referenced claims to have taken the data from the US Bureau of Economic Analysis the same as yours...to be honest after looking through the data I haven't been able to replicate either using their interactive charts. According to the US Bureau of Economic Analysis spending has increased from 3544.9 to 3923.1 between 2009 and 2012 which is a 10.6% increase.

You can thank Carter for the housing bubble a result of the community reinvestment act which also saw regulatory changes under Clinton. Clinton's repeal of Glass Steagall can also be pointed to. Can you point to a specific Reagan policy that caused the housing bubble?

I have no idea who catshit is I changed my handle once -- I was calamari from 01 to 04 and 998sFE since then. I've witnessed you personally attack others in previous threads -- save it I'm not interested in fighting with you. I'm always open to learn something just don't act like an a$$hole.
Post #44:
https://www.speedzilla.com/forums/war...problem-3.html

The Community Reinvestment Act affect on this is mostly a red herring promulgated by right wing operative spinsters. It actually played an extremely small part in the housing bubble until it was strengthened later - but still was not the driving force (deregulated greed was). Read about it here (scroll down to Effectiveness):
Community Reinvestment Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
There were plenty of similar laws before the CRA. All presidents have always pushed for more home ownership for lower income people. Bush 2 called it the "ownership society". The program was never effective no matter what it was called or who was running it, until...drum roll, please...Wall Street figured out they could swindle their way into our bank accounts with the help of fraudulent lenders and corrupt rating agencies (Moodies, etc.). The CRA is hardly worth mentioning except that it's a good vehicle to stick another fork in wimpy Jimmy Carter. It's like blaming the wind for a tsunami.

Glass-Steagall, on the other hand, was pretty big.

You've witnessed my blah, blah, blah? That's a good one. When I first arrived here I was a nice guy. SP2Pilot and Rocky taught me everything I know about asshole. And still I can't nearly keep up with Mr. Semper Fi - no one can (reminds me of that Funkadelic album, Maggot Brain). High, corky.

PS: In case you haven't noticed, the threads I'm mad in are the threads of absurdity, of which there have been many. So it's not my fault. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
Do you like my hat?

Last edited by Gnhtsg; 04-13-2013 at 03:29 AM.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-13-2013, 03:18 AM Thread Starter

And from post #46:

"Here's the great irony of the mortgage market in the 1990's: to the extent that lower and moderate-income Americans were being swept along in the rising tide of homeownership in the 1990's, it was happening not because of Fannie and Freddie, but despite them. The replacement of the S&L industry by the new mortgage orignation companies; the toughening, in the 1990's, of the Community Reinvestment Act, which forced bbanks to make loans to people in poorer neighborhoods; even the rise of the subprime industry - these were all factors in helping poorer people own homes. Fannie and Freddie may have been given a federal mandate to help lower-and moderate-income Americans buy homes, but the GSE's were cautious about the credit risk they took. They preferrred to game their housing goals rather than meet them, using methods that Fannie referred to internally as "stupid pet tricks." They wanted nothing to do with subprime. Subprime loans didn't conform.
Many affordable housing activists found this infuriating.
Says a former Fannie executive: "About 98 percent of our mortgages were done at market rates. We were giving away a little at the edge of the big machine." This person adds: "Johnson's attitude was, 'I am not going to let the government define what affordable housing is to this company.'"

BTW, the repeal of Glass-Steagall was a Republican idea...signed into law by Clinton.
Enron, anyone?
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-13-2013, 03:33 AM Thread Starter

Here's another one of your comrad's favorites:
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-13-2013, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
And yeah, thank god for Reagan. Without him we wouldn't have had the housing bubble and millions more wouldn't have died from AIDS.
Reagan: clearly the most over-rated, hyped, Teflon-coated president in the history of the world. And I voted for the nitwit his first term.
Reagan, the rest of the world viewed him as a senile, washed up B movie actor and a dangerous one at that, who was more than ready to "push the Red button."

North Korea are no threat 998 they are just stamping their little feet screaming notice me notice me, there is only one nation that has deployed weapons of mass destruction.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 12:34 PM
...clink...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekybloke View Post
Reagan, the rest of the world viewed him as a senile, washed up B movie actor and a dangerous one at that, who was more than ready to "push the Red button."

North Korea are no threat 998 they are just stamping their little feet screaming notice me notice me, there is only one nation that has deployed weapons of mass destruction.
Until this post I didn't believe anyone could be a bigger moron than Turdboy.
Congrats to you a55cheeks !

nero
'06 999
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero View Post
Until this post I didn't believe anyone could be a bigger moron than Turdboy.
Congrats to you a55cheeks !
Until now! I've felt that way about you and your bumchums for a fair while.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 03:19 PM

Quote:

So says the Neville Chamberlin of the interdweebs, YOU little man are a ****ing moron, and every time you open your toothless cock hole, you reinforce everyones opinion of that........

-Rocky-

ROCKYMT

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 04:25 PM

Turd, I really can't disagree with you in regards to the spending issues under Republican presidents, it is why I have trouble identifying myself as a Republican. I have argued with many friends that George Dubya Bush will go down as one of the worst presidents in history for many reasons but Obama will be right there next to him on the list. I mainly took exception with your first chart depicting Obama as a frugal president, the guy is going to amass more debt then all other presidents combined. So if you want to compare him to Dubya, one of our worst presidents and say Obama is better you can do that but you're setting your standards very low IMO. Reagan doesn't go without fault for the debt incurred under his presidency but you have to consider he was dealing with a Democratic congress and he needed to get budgets passed with tremendous but necessary for the time defense spending. One metric you must consider because I feel it is more important then % change in spending is debt as a % of GDP and under Reagan I believe in was never more then 70% and now we are over 100%.

Cheeky, not saying you're stupid but your comment was -- I don't think Alzheimer's is something to make fun of, I watched it debilitate my grandfather and it was awful. True, it is something that can go unnoticed for a long time and maybe in hindsight there was some very early signs but I really don't think so. People are just going to look for any small thing he did just because he developed it after his presidency. Even if it did start at the very end Alzheimer's doesn't turn you into some insane person, we had a lot more to fear from the Soviets. Watch an awesome PBS documentary called "The Man Who Saved The World". It's about a Soviet submarine commander that likely prevented nuclear war when he refused to fire even though his leaders gave him and the submarine captains discretion to do so.

I agree with you that the little Korean despot is just stamping his feet but it is still nice to know we can stop the threat regardless.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMt View Post
So says the Neville Chamberlin of the interdweebs, YOU little man are a ****ing moron, and every time you open your toothless cock hole, you reinforce everyones opinion of that........

-Rocky-
Go on boy get yourself all twisted up, Dickless wonder.

post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 04:37 PM
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 998sFE View Post
Cheeky, not saying you're stupid but your comment was -- I don't think Alzheimer's is something to make fun of, I watched it debilitate my grandfather and it was awful. True, it is something that can go unnoticed for a long time and maybe in hindsight there was some very early signs but I really don't think so. People are just going to look for any small thing he did just because he developed it after his presidency. Even if it did start at the very end Alzheimer's doesn't turn you into some insane person, we had a lot more to fear from the Soviets. Watch an awesome PBS documentary called "The Man Who Saved The World". It's about a Soviet submarine commander that likely prevented nuclear war when he refused to fire even though his leaders gave him and the submarine captains discretion to do so.
The comment was an observation I understand your feelings and as yourself my mother suffered from the affliction, but neither of them were in charge of a "World Power." I'm sorry but that was how he was viewed not just by myself but by many many of us were genuinely scared of what he was capable of. What did make me feel more confident was the confidence Margaret Thatcher had in him (rest her soul best leader we've ever had, certainly better than the shower of sh*t we've been afflicted with since and that includes all parties).
At the time all parties East and West were as bad as each other and I'm sure there were more close calls than any of us are aware of. I've not had time to watch the Video as I'm working or should be. but will later.

Quote:
I agree with you that the little Korean despot is just stamping his feet but it is still nice to know we can stop the threat regardless.
But at what cost?

Nice to talk to someone that can put together a coherent argument and dosen't immediately resort to abuse and insults.

post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Go on boy get yourself all twisted up, Dickless wonder.
Gee, YOU seem to be fixated on my crotch, as I am over yer toothless cockhole.....maybe we should date my little bitch.

-Rocky-

ROCKYMT

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMt View Post
Gee, YOU seem to be fixated on my crotch, as I am over yer toothless cockhole.....maybe we should date my little bitch.

-Rocky-
Sorry shoving sh*t up hill isn't my thing, I'll leave that to you and Nero.

post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 02:29 AM
...clink...!

Quote:
Sorry shoving sh*t up hill isn't my thing, I'll leave that to you and Nero.
You're actually funny every now and then...
Just don't smile so's we don't have to gaze upon those teeth (or whatever you call those)

nero
'06 999
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode