That debate was not even close, it was embarrassing for us as a country to have a leader who is that ignorant and clueless. People that think Obama is the better choice, obviously didn't hear the debate due to the fact that their heads are shoved way up their asses...
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them; and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work, because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.
Ever been to a WallMart? Some of them include good examples of what's on welfare. Fat, ugly, undereducated, old, mentally and physically handicapped. THERE ARE NOT, NOR WILL THERE EVER BE, ENOUGH JOBS IN AMERICA FOR THOSE PEOPLE. Now, either we let them live in absolute poverty or homelessness or we help them out. It's a choice. You want to live in one type of country and I want to live in another type. It speaks volumes about what type of people we are and it tells the world a whole lot about Americans.
That is in no way a vote for welfare fraud or anything like it. Since you're so smart, Jay, why not tell us exactly how many people on government support are actual moochers and how many are not. I doubt you have a clue about anything let alone the one thing you are obsessed with. I'll bet you're just another Speedzilla loudmouth who comes here with his biggoted, misinformed notions that you pick up from your beer buddies and Rush Limpblob. They cycle through here all the time. Sad but it seems like bikers are full of this type of knee-jerk I've got mine, get lost attitude. You seem like an example of one of America's problems. Now, how about that Forbes 400? Wow. That's what Republican policies do for America. We can all look up at them and drool.
I'll tackle 3-5 if you wish but they're just more of the same BS.
BTW, I've proposed that we eliminate all income taxes on anyting under a living wage. Taxing work is a disincentive to work. People over a living wage can pay more, especially the Forbes 400 crowd (much, much more for them). We make up the balance with a consumption tax or something similar. What we have now is a tax code written by rich people to benefit rich people. Trickly up, baby. "Trickle down" was nothing more than a campaign slogan. The numbers prove it.