What You Get When You Vote Republican: - Page 2 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-19-2012, 07:56 PM
Member (Large)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMt View Post
Sorry, unclear on my response, I was referencing the part of his post that everyone feels the gubmint "owes" them something, either due to race, gender or social status (or lack thereof) Just because someone pumps out 8 crackhead crotchfruit and spends the day eating Doritios and watching Maury, I don't owe them jack sh1t. And yes I am a vet (8 yrs.) and I did "try" to utilize a VA loan to buy our first home in the 80's, but was denied due to the high (to put it mildly) housing prices in the SF Bay Area, so we utilized conventional financing. I truly feel we OWE the vets WAAAAY more than they're getting, but good luck with that. As far as I'm concerned, the less dependent on our failed gubmint we are the better. There are way to many people who from cradle to grave, expect Uncle Sam to coddle and provide for them, and suprisingly enough, they seem to be the ones who contribute the least to our great nation. Time for people to get off their ass and take control of their own destiny, but the cloak of the victim seems far more fashionable these days. I applaud your service and sacrafice to our nation, I truly did not intend to demean your service.

Semper Fi!

-Rocky-
It's cool. Thanks for the laugh, crotchfruit, haha, I'll have to remember that one. Yeah, the VA is pretty picky about loans. I think they might have loosened up some, but I've heard some horror stories.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-19-2012, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan View Post
ahh the stereotypical delusional liberal. you must be tired from the msnbc all-nighter. hope you wiped the cheeto dust off your hands before you yanked it in your moms basement to nancy pelosi pictures

i find it flabberghasting that you can keep a straight face and say the more conservative party is responisible for the debt and the bleeding heart liberals are the money savers. this alone shows your ignorance of what the president has done in his one (and hopefully only) term.

please do the educated voters a favor and quit voting for a campaign slogan and look for the one who will be the more fiscally responsible person for the job based off track record. at this point it should be our top priority. WE HAVE TO STOP SPENDING SO MUCH MONEY. especially when it all comes from china.

does obama have to take responsibility for anything that has happened in his term? or (after 4 yrs) are we still blaming those dirty rotten republicans for all obumma's woes. he takes credit as he sees fit.

since you must think fiscal conservative means the opposite here is some light reading:

Fiscal conservatism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

heres the second line from this article as im sure most wont read it...

"Fiscal conservatives often consider reduction of overall government spending and national debt as well as ensuring balanced budget of paramount importance."

and here what your money saving boy has done so far national debt wise:

Obama Has Now Increased Debt More than All Presidents from George Washington Through George H.W. Bush Combined | cnsnews.com

in typical liberal fashion i bet your next line will be that im just one of those racist tea-baggers....
bold

Post #3:
https://www.speedzilla.com/forums/war...ment-debt.html

See? You don't really know what you're talking about. China only holds 8% of U.S. debt. You've been sold a bill of goods because they know you'll buy it hook, line and sinker - because it's what you want to believe. Sad.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-19-2012, 10:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
ahh the stereotypical delusional liberal. you must be tired from the msnbc all-nighter. hope you wiped the cheeto dust off your hands before you yanked it in your moms basement to nancy pelosi pictures

i find it flabberghasting that you can keep a straight face and say the more conservative party is responisible for the debt and the bleeding heart liberals are the money savers. this alone shows your ignorance of what the president has done in his one (and hopefully only) term.

please do the educated voters a favor and quit voting for a campaign slogan and look for the one who will be the more fiscally responsible person for the job based off track record. at this point it should be our top priority. WE HAVE TO STOP SPENDING SO MUCH MONEY. especially when it all comes from china.

does obama have to take responsibility for anything that has happened in his term? or (after 4 yrs) are we still blaming those dirty rotten republicans for all obumma's woes. he takes credit as he sees fit.

since you must think fiscal conservative means the opposite here is some light reading:

"Fiscal conservatives often consider reduction of overall government spending and national debt as well as ensuring balanced budget of paramount importance."

Obama Has Now Increased Debt More than All Presidents from George Washington Through George H.W. Bush Combined | cnsnews.com

in typical liberal fashion i bet your next line will be that im just one of those racist tea-baggers....
bold

He's responsible for some things and he's not responsible for others. The super-recession is not his fault. It is completely understandable that we are not rising from the recession after only four years. Like I said, it took ten years to recover from the Great Depression. An honest person would not try to use the recession and unemployment against Obama.

An honest person also would not blame Bush for the recession. Presidents have so little control over national economies, let alone world-wide ones. Maybe you haven't heard but practically the whole world is on its knees at this point. So logic would dictate that if Obama were to blame for our recession he must also be responsible for the world-wide one too. See? There is little logic in your position.

BTW, politicians take blame for next to nothing and take credit whenever possible. Big boys know this and don't hyperventilate over it. Grow up.

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-19-2012, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

bold

Uh, may I remind you that the Republican Party is NOT fiscally conservative. SOME Republicans are though. Tea Partiers are. But they'd wreck the economy even more just to reduce the debt, which in turn would lead to less government revenue and more debt. It's a downward spiral, this austerity - one that only the fringe embraces. Paul Ryan qualifies as fringe. Mitt doesn't. And can you believe it? Ryan wants to INCREASE the military budget. Judging by your lack of understanding about our debt and fiscal conservatism as it relates to the Republican Party, I imagine you're clueless about the bloated nature of our military-industrial complex as well. Do I need to post links about military spending?

Last edited by Gnhtsg; 09-19-2012 at 11:07 PM.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-19-2012, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

bold

Admit it: You don't know why the debt has increased, do you?

Here's why. And only a minority part of it relates to Obama (and his part includes his tax cuts and the extension of the Bush tax cuts - he's a tax cutter - WOW! - this must give you a headache).

United States public debt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Change in debt position since 2001

Cause of change between CBO's 2001 projection of a $5.6 trillion surplus between 2002-2012 and the $6.1 trillion debt increase that actually occurred.

The CBO has summarized the cause of change between its January 2001 estimate of a $5.6 trillion cumulative surplus between 2002 and 2011 and the actual $6.1 trillion cumulative deficit that occurred, an unfavorable "turnaround" or debt increase of $11.7 trillion. Tax cuts and slower-than-expected growth reduced revenues by $6.1 trillion and spending was $5.6 trillion higher. Of this total, the CBO attributes 72% to legislated tax cuts and spending increases and 27% to economic and technical factors. Of the latter, 56% occurred from 2009 to 2011.[23][24]

The difference between the projected and actual debt in 2011 can be largely attributed to:
  • $3.5 trillion – Economic changes (including lower than expected tax revenues and higher safety net spending due to recession)
  • $1.6 trillion – Bush Tax Cuts (EGTRRA and JGTRRA), primarily tax cuts but also some smaller spending increases
  • $1.5 trillion – Increased defense baseline budget and non-defense discretionary spending under both the Bush and Obama administrations
  • $1.4 trillion – Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq
  • $1.4 trillion – Incremental interest due to higher debt balances
  • $0.9 trillion – Stimulus and tax cuts since 2008 (Economic Stimulus Act of 2008, ARRA and Tax Act of 2010)[24]"
The two largest contributors to the recent debt increase?
Reduced revenue due to the recession and the Bush tax cuts. As if I need to remind anyone, the recession arose primarily because Wall Street was deregulated. Both parties participated in that deregulation but it was primarily Republicans who wrote and pushed the legislation. In case you haven't been paying attention, deregulation is a Republican mantra. Remember Enron? The S&L crisis? Air traffic controllers? Mine accidents? Deregulation sounds great in theory but it always seems to bite us in the ass. It's biting your ass and you don't even know it. What do you know?

Now that you've digested all that new information (new for you) take another look at this and then tell me why you'd ever consider a Republican to be fiscally conservative:

You've been had BIG TIME...by Republicans.
Republicans ARE NOT fiscally conservative. That is one of the greatest political myths to ever be generated. And, believe it or not, Reagan was one of the worst. Numbers don't lie - politicos do.

Last edited by Gnhtsg; 09-19-2012 at 11:50 PM.
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-20-2012, 02:46 AM

i am not going to sit here and pick apart your overload of information. do you have all this shit saved? how long did it take you to type and link all that stuff? its a forum dude...

i just want to be clear about a few things. i am not a republican. i am not arguing blindly for the right party (eh, see that cheesy play on words). i am arguing an idea, a philosophy per se. fiscal responsibility should be the top priority of an true american when we go to the polls in november. its about who gives us the best opportunity to cut spending and lower the debt. if by some act of god that was a democrat id vote for them but you cannot honestly tell me that obumma is going to do a better job at REDUCING spending than just about any other person in the entire world. we are all going to have to make tough sacrifices for the better good of our country. eventually the money runs out, and then what?

as i told you in reply to the private message you sent me, i will not sit here and lower myself to shit slinging on a forum. its childish. i spoke my opinion merely to give the other side of the coin. maybe i could change one persons mind.

i wish everyone the best and i respect your right to have and express your misguided political views. thanks
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-20-2012, 04:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
i am not going to sit here and pick apart your overload of information. do you have all this shit saved? how long did it take you to type and link all that stuff? its a forum dude...

i just want to be clear about a few things. i am not a republican. i am not arguing blindly for the right party (eh, see that cheesy play on words). i am arguing an idea, a philosophy per se. fiscal responsibility should be the top priority of an true american when we go to the polls in november. its about who gives us the best opportunity to cut spending and lower the debt. if by some act of god that was a democrat id vote for them but you cannot honestly tell me that obumma is going to do a better job at REDUCING spending than just about any other person in the entire world. we are all going to have to make tough sacrifices for the better good of our country. eventually the money runs out, and then what?

as i told you in reply to the private message you sent me, i will not sit here and lower myself to shit slinging on a forum. its childish. i spoke my opinion merely to give the other side of the coin. maybe i could change one persons mind.

i wish everyone the best and i respect your right to have and express your misguided political views. thanks
You're welcome (whatever that means - it never made sense to me but I use it anyway because everyone else does). Welcome?

You have your opinions about what is important and so do I. The way I look at it, whatever happens it's not going to matter much anyway to an organism with such a short lifespan.
For the nation, it'll all work out in the end, including the national debt. Besides, there is a long history of national debts being forgiven if it comes to that - but it won't. That problem is over-rated, IMO.
Economies rise and fall. Germany was in the tank thirty years ago, now they're on top. Japan was on top, now they're on the bottom. Lucky for us we still have massive growth potential with unlimitted creativity; and once enough personal debt is reduced and the inventory of homes is reduced and capital loosens up, and a few other things, things will take off again and the debt will be paid down. The American system is still intact. It's just in idle after a long race. China is already fizzling. Russia chokes on corruption and appears it will always be that way. Some day something will replace oil and the Middle East will lose relevancy. Iran is not going to use a nuclear weapon and experience annihilation in return. Lastly, god is not going to return and send anyone to hell. Take a chill pill, everyone.

Politics is 90% bullshit anyway. It's more like sports for adults.
The presidency is over-rated too...most of the time, certianly not all the time (as in war or Supreme Court nominations). They often get credit for things they shouldn't and take blame for things they shouldn't. Their supporters are equally ridiculous. So is Fox News and MSNBC. The whole thing is a joke. And from what I hear, the rest of the world knows it. Modern media shows the whole world how stupid we act. It's become our worst national embarrassment. Moderation and compromise is all but dead and our system of legalized bribery (mainly political donations) is legislated corruption (I still can't believe Congress allowed themselves to trade on inside information).

Have a nice day, America.

Last edited by Gnhtsg; 09-20-2012 at 05:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode