Could the fire burn down WTC? - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

Could the fire burn down WTC?

picture compare with Madrid fire
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 02:19 AM

Send a message via AIM to Luck Runs Out...
Old news. Everything that can possibly be said on both sides of the coin, has already been said in just about every corner of the internet.

'00 RC51
'05 ST1300 streetfighter
'03 YZ85 supermoto
'90 VTR250
'71 T500R

Distant thunder, cold as stone. An RC bellows from its throne. One by one, each bike succumbs. Something wicked this way comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Baldy
Young butts can take the pain
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 04:26 AM
Panigaliscious

Intense fire from the jet fuel did not melt the steel structure of the towers, but did heat it to a temperature where it was weak enough to buckle under the weight of all the floors above it. This would be a catastrophic event that would happen at once. One side of the structure would buckle near the impact/fire zone, and the other three corners would also buckle nearly simultaneously.

At this point the building's floors above the impact zone become a solid body, essentially a vertical wrecking ball weighing thousands of tons, which crushes the lower floors as gravity does its work.

It is no coincidence that the South Tower only took 50 minutes to collapse (despite the plane going in at an angle), while the North Tower took 90 minutes to collapse even though the plane hit the building square and caused massive structural damage. The South Tower was hit on floor 75, while the North Tower was 90 or so. The South tower had 15 more floors of building as dead weight on top, and its critical stress level as the temperature was raised from the fire was reached sooner.

This is just engineering. It was discussed literally within minutes of the first tower collapsing.

1985 Honda VF1000R, 1990 Ducati 851, 2008 YZ450F

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sburns2421 View Post
Intense fire from the jet fuel did not melt the steel structure of the towers, but did heat it to a temperature where it was weak enough to buckle under the weight of all the floors above it. This would be a catastrophic event that would happen at once. One side of the structure would buckle near the impact/fire zone, and the other three corners would also buckle nearly simultaneously.

At this point the building's floors above the impact zone become a solid body, essentially a vertical wrecking ball weighing thousands of tons, which crushes the lower floors as gravity does its work.

It is no coincidence that the South Tower only took 50 minutes to collapse (despite the plane going in at an angle), while the North Tower took 90 minutes to collapse even though the plane hit the building square and caused massive structural damage. The South Tower was hit on floor 75, while the North Tower was 90 or so. The South tower had 15 more floors of building as dead weight on top, and its critical stress level as the temperature was raised from the fire was reached sooner.

This is just engineering. It was discussed literally within minutes of the first tower collapsing.
As a person who works on military acft for a living, has done so for over twenty years, has seen an aircraft accident in person, has been part of several aircraft investigations, the majority of the public will not understand the effects of jet fuel, especially when mixed with whatever the additives called for, will do when burned. I've seen it, as it's burning and the after effects. It will burn like a mofo.I've seen it melt metal within minutes.

Chris
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 04:57 AM

IF any actual aircraft had hit the towers, these types of explanations might be plausible.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 01:37 PM

99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 06:13 PM

The shortcomings of the American educational system are here on display, put down the crack pipe bitches, you aren't doing yerself any favors.......

-Rocky-

ROCKYMT

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-09-2012, 01:31 AM

Idiotic troofers
Morons who believe a crashing jet should punch a cartoon-like outline of itself into a reinforced concrete building.
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-09-2012, 04:04 AM
Panigaliscious

Quote:
Originally Posted by KosmicRVTrider View Post
As a person who works on military acft for a living, has done so for over twenty years, has seen an aircraft accident in person, has been part of several aircraft investigations, the majority of the public will not understand the effects of jet fuel, especially when mixed with whatever the additives called for, will do when burned. I've seen it, as it's burning and the after effects. It will burn like a mofo.I've seen it melt metal within minutes.

Chris
The planes would have been filled with Jet A, which burns at something like 600-700F.

Steel may melt at roughly 2000-2500F (depending on alloy) but gets weaker at much lower temperatures. It's properties fall off drastically from 500-1000F. By 1000F you could consider it to be a very poor structural material.

I think we agree on this?

post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-09-2012, 06:51 AM

Quote:
The planes would have been filled with Jet A, which burns at something like 600-700F.

Steel may melt at roughly 2000-2500F (depending on alloy) but gets weaker at much lower temperatures. It's properties fall off drastically from 500-1000F. By 1000F you could consider it to be a very poor structural material.

I think we agree on this?
100% we agree. I've seen what happens when jet fuel, JetA, JP4,JP8, etc is ignited and burns. I've seen it as the plane hits the ground and I've seen it after the fact,I don't know if the initial boom of the planes hitting the towers melted much or how much damage it did but the continual heat from that much jet fuel would damn sure weaken the metal. And it would weaken it a lot. I think that is the key. And it would have weaken the concrete also. Way to many internet engineers thinking this couldn't happen do not understand the dynamics of what happens when a jet full of fuel crashes.

Chris
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-09-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYD OPN View Post
IF any actual aircraft had hit the towers, these types of explanations might be plausible.
...IF...

But... no aircraft.
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 02:47 AM

Quote:

Quote:
...IF...

But... no aircraft.
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAduc View Post
Maybe there are planes in that water.

But I've seen extensive digital slo-mo analysis of lots of footage (much of which was subsequently destroyed); and the planes were CG. And not very convincing CG at that. In some shots, the undamaged nose of one of the planes emerges from the opposite side of the tower. In others, a plane instantly appears in a frame when the previous frame had no plane. In various footage, the planes are coming in at variable angles. One set of videos shows no background of New Jersy whatsoever; just a blank landscape.

There's a mountain of evidence. It's not just paranoid opinion. Others can believe what they've been duped to accept, and call it patriotism. I was part of a private research team that analyzed the data. Absolutely nothing lines up.

Agenda-phobes can cry conspiracy theory all they want.
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 08:01 AM
PSk

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYD_OPN
I was part of a private research team that analyzed the data
Yeah right and now you are blabbing it all on the internet ... simply BS. Private research team of your mates, smoking sh!t.

What is it with Americans and conspiracy theories?

Mate planes fncken flew into those buildings. You can't hide a fully loaded plane with all those people on board, let alone 2. You cannot trick all those bystanders. Plus they have the other one that crashed thanks to brave passengers.

America would once again be a great nation if it's own people would stop kicking it in it's shins.
Pete
ps: And yes all the intelligent posts above about heat and metal yeld strength is what collapsed the towers. Just imagine the force when one floor collapsed. Remember the floor that collapsed was supporting many other floors.

And lastly, America and it's government did not need a reason to turn you all against terrorisim, you were rightly already there.

'97 Suzuki GS500E - Sold 28000 km's later.
'90 Suzuki GN250 - Sold 57000 km's later. Cost less than 12c per km to run ...

Grumpy Kiwi.
Why fly when ya can make a lot of noise
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PSk; 09-10-2012 at 08:18 AM.
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Panigaliscious

Quote:

But I've seen extensive digital slo-mo analysis of lots of footage (much of which was subsequently destroyed); and the planes were CG. And not very convincing CG at that. In some shots, the undamaged nose of one of the planes emerges from the opposite side of the tower. In others, a plane instantly appears in a frame when the previous frame had no plane. In various footage, the planes are coming in at variable angles. One set of videos shows no background of New Jersy whatsoever; just a blank landscape.

There's a mountain of evidence. It's not just paranoid opinion. Others can believe what they've been duped to accept, and call it patriotism. I was part of a private research team that analyzed the data. Absolutely nothing lines up.

You are a lunatic with zero credibility.

post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
isn't that exactly what your doing? you are either a complete idiot or your just trolling.
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSk View Post
Yeah right and now you are blabbing it all on the internet ... simply BS. Private research team of your mates, smoking sh!t.

What is it with Americans and conspiracy theories?

Mate planes fncken flew into those buildings. You can't hide a fully loaded plane with all those people on board, let alone 2. You cannot trick all those bystanders. Plus they have the other one that crashed thanks to brave passengers.

America would once again be a great nation if it's own people would stop kicking it in it's shins.
Pete
ps: And yes all the intelligent posts above about heat and metal yeld strength is what collapsed the towers. Just imagine the force when one floor collapsed. Remember the floor that collapsed was supporting many other floors.

And lastly, America and it's government did not need a reason to turn you all against terrorisim, you were rightly already there.
Backatcha, kiwi.
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
You are a lunatic with zero credibility.
Backatcha, lunatic with zero credibility.
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KosmicRVTrider View Post
isn't that exactly what your doing?
No.

Quote:
you are either a complete idiot or your just trolling.
Neither. Just logged in and saw this thread. Wanted to see how many idiots are out there who have been duped. Apparently a lot.

I didn't start the thread. I just responded to the naive posts.

Noboby said it was the gubbermint.
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:

Wanted to see how many idiots are out there who have been duped.

Apparently a lot.

I didn't start the thread.

I just responded to the naive posts.

Noboby said it was the gubbermint.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode