California - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

California

A pleasant surprise for California's economy | PressDemocrat.com

"An unexpected development seems to have happened on the way to the Great California Train Wreck. The locomotive has gotten itself back on the rails, and although it is not yet exactly speeding forward it has left a legion of naysayers standing along the tracks."

Naysayers. I think there are a few here. Whatever happened to the American spirit and confidence?
Right wing 'tard media is what happened. To listen to that crap is to believe we can do NOTHING right. Brother. Ratings. Like one talking head said, "that's why people watch FOX, because they are told what they want to hear". FAIL.

BTW, we've had three consecutive months of increasing home sales here. As one realtor said in the paper (something you kids could stand to read from time to time), "Now this is what a recovery looks like".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

...and the U.S. in general.

We're poised for something good.

Five reasons the economy may be about to boom

FYI, it took ten years to recover from the Great Depression. We're about due for a super-recession recovery.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

Nevada Corporations - Patent Attorney Los Angeles Trademark Lawyer CA

"... in the majority of cases the benefits of forming a Nevada corporation is simply a myth and will often be more expensive and troublesome than filing in the companyís home state."
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 06:18 PM

What flavor Cool-Aid did they serve you clones at the DNC convention?

-Rocky-

ROCKYMT

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMt View Post
What flavor Cool-Aid did they serve you clones at the DNC convention?

-Rocky-
Pineapple Trainwreck

Uh, in case you forgot, I'm not a Dem. Never been a Dem. Used to be Republican. The Republican Party is in the Evangelical Holy Land crapper.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 03:29 AM Thread Starter

Cali gold...uh...green

California Marijuana Decriminalization Drops Youth Crime Rate To Record Low: Study

I coulda told them that decades ago...
Pot decreases violence. Alcohol increases violence.
Another inconvenient truth.
But as we all should finally be aware of, truth does not really matter to people who love to hate. That's why nero called me a pothead. Nero is code for zero.

Last edited by Gnhtsg; 12-01-2012 at 04:39 AM.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

The Anticdotally-Fueled Myth

From none other than Faux News:
California residents, businesses consider bailing on Golden State over taxes | Fox News

The reality:
Press Democrat | Mobile | The myth about fleeing taxes to Texas
It’s an article of faith among low-tax advocates that income tax increases aimed at the rich simply drive them away.

Cristobal Young, an assistant professor of sociology at Stanford, studied the effects of recent tax increases in New Jersey and California. “It’s very clear that, over all, modest changes in top tax rates do not affect millionaire migration,” he told me. “Neither tax increases nor tax cuts on the rich have affected their migration rates.”

Will higher taxes on the rich derail California’s economic comeback? - The Washington Post
A Stanford University study last year found no link between tax rates and wealthy Californians’ decisions to leave the state, and the state has a history of tax increases not affecting growth, including under a Republican governor — Ronald Reagan.
“The evidence is, from past tax increases, that it makes very little difference,” said Jerry Nickelsburg, a senior economist at the UCLA Anderson Forecast, who predicts only a slight scrape to state growth from the new rate increases. Since 1967, he added, tax hikes and cuts in the state have had a “second-order effect” on growth.

So, once again, ladies and germs, you've been lied to by the right in order to tap into your fears. Buying into the politics of fear: Stupid is as stupid does.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 11:03 PM

1) Out of 50 states, take ONE guess where Cali landed in terms of how it's 'run'?
The Best- and Worst-Run States in America - Yahoo! Finance

2) The best and worst states for taxes, where'd Cali rate?
States with the highest and lowest taxes- MSN Money

Yea, Cali is going to be a barn burner anyday now, can't wait to see it sink, make sure you have your rubber ducky with you. FAIL!

'12 Tri Explorer
'05 GSXR1k (4Sale)
'00 RC51 (4Sale)
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

XFailBO
I'm east of the San Andreas fault so I'll be safe when Cali slides.

Cali's financial condition is much improved this year. Maybe they'll have funds to resume their CAMP cowboy roundup. Sure hope so because that weed is ruining our youth. They can't control themselves, deranged, rape, mayhem. Hah, hah. Establishment nonsense. Oppression. More irrational fear and loathing.
Campaign Against Marijuana Planting (CAMP) | State of California - Department of Justice - Kamala D. Harris Attorney General
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 03:18 AM
Dr. Carbon

There is no economic recovery there are only bubbles created by government inspired/subsidized mal-investments....

then again you might just be finding headlines that fit what you want to read/hear...

Forget what politicians have to say (right or left) look to those that saw the previous crashes coming Faber, Schiff, Rogers (apparently the only ones that are actually able to apply current trends/info based on economic principles and make reasonable predictions)
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20_RC51_00 View Post
There is no economic recovery there are only bubbles created by government inspired/subsidized mal-investments....

then again you might just be finding headlines that fit what you want to read/hear...

Forget what politicians have to say (right or left) look to those that saw the previous crashes coming Faber, Schiff, Rogers (apparently the only ones that are actually able to apply current trends/info based on economic principles and make reasonable predictions)
I was hoping I was done here when I saw more catsuck69 posts. Super close to leaving.

But then I see this mind cramp-of-a-post. Son, bubbles are not created by government. Bubbles are created by speculation, deregulation, capitalism run amoke; from tulips to houses. This is well-researched. Government smoothes and repairs bubbles. In this way, Government is your friend. Where are all the bubbles? They are in the west, in capitalism. But then, some other systems couldn't even create a bubble if they tried, so there you go.

Last edited by Gnhtsg; 02-28-2013 at 03:40 PM.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 01:34 AM Thread Starter

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 11:51 PM

God you're such a sucker, I mean it takes a special kinda stupid to be a Californian these days to believe that report, eh?

'12 Tri Explorer
'05 GSXR1k (4Sale)
'00 RC51 (4Sale)
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-04-2013, 03:05 AM Thread Starter

You always have bold, foul-mouthed statements to make but never any data. Why I stay here I don't know. It's like a backwater swamp with toothless hillbillies. Here's where the report came from, XFail:

About ITEP
Founded in 1980, the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy (ITEP) is a non-profit, non-partisan research organization, based in Washington, DC, that focuses on federal and state tax policy. ITEP’s mission is to inform policymakers and the public of the effects of current and proposed tax policies on tax fairness, government budgets, and sound economic policy. Among its many publications on state and local tax policy are Who Pays? A Distributional Analysis of the Tax Systems in All 50 States and The ITEP Guide to Fair State and Local Taxes. ITEP’s full body of research is available at www.itep.org.

Did you catch the "non-profit, non-partisan" part?
Your paranoid, conservative mind sees evil in everything - always has. Go lay some bricks. Seems to be one of the few things you can get right.
What a gluten for punishment to come to my War Room.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 12:48 AM
I speed up for corners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
You always have bold, foul-mouthed statements to make but never any data. Why I stay here I don't know. It's like a backwater swamp with toothless hillbillies.
Isn't that what you do in catsuck threads? Now keep reading this quote. Notice how you've leveled the field

inbred sp1/sp2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode