GodOnlyParty - one sick puppy. - Page 2 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 10:41 AM
Senior Member
 
Le Kiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: In the warmth of a warming world
Posts: 2,519
Uh, the Taliban seem more logical, rational, serious and actually have working solutions. Plus they're eminently more human, pleasant and downright agreeable than the current line-up of GOPophiles, who elevate hypocrisy and some sort of religious bullshit about invisible men ordaining THEM and them alone with a mission to rescue America from reality and the damn fine job President Obama is doing DESPITE the more retarded elements of America trying to destroy what used to be a great place.
Oh well. Merde happened.
It's a pity about Ron Paul getting the bump from the shysters in the GOP. I wonder what he'd be able to do if he was running as an independent. Oh, two-party system. Shame...

...Just when I thought it was safe to go back in the water......
Le Kiwi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Gog
Naturally Exasperated
 
Gog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 4,019
I think can only thing that can smash a two party system is corruption but then again, it can smash anything. Facts, the truth, honor or reality doesnt seem to matter to the current GOP..

Most right wingers think 'liberals' are out to destroy them because that is what they want to do to liberals.. Yet, history teaches that success is greatest when both work together in discovery, management and compromise..

Unfortunately, the lies are unending, unbending and compounding...making it impossible to have the American Dream until they are taking full responsibility for their actions and policies, past and present....
Gog is offline  
post #23 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog View Post
I think can only thing that can smash a two party system is corruption but then again, it can smash anything. Facts, the truth, honor or reality doesnt seem to matter to the current GOP..

Most right wingers think 'liberals' are out to destroy them because that is what they want to do to liberals.. Yet, history teaches that success is greatest when both work together in discovery, management and compromise..

Unfortunately, the lies are unending, unbending and compounding...making it impossible to have the American Dream until they are taking full responsibility for their actions and policies, past and present....
bold
Bingo. The conservative mind works in ways that harken back to the past - when survival depended on aggresive taking of resources and vanquishing your neighbors (Dan...Neanderthal...Danderthal - just to use our friend as an example - no ill will intended). All it took was one man (Newt Gingrich) and an ideology (Moral Majority Christianity) to set off this recent thirty-year political conflict. Republicans started it and they continue to stoke it. Dems are just going, WTF is wrong with these hot-headed demagogues. Well boys, you're weathering ancient survival instincts run amoke in the 21st century. Part of your opponents' brains are stuck in another time and place. Moving forward is not an acceptable option for them. Neither is tollerance or sharing. Good luck trying to get anything done in Washington. Pubs would rather kill this country than compromise. It's a matter of principle.
Gnhtsg is offline  
 
post #24 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,833
Jeb Bush Finds 2012 GOP Debate Rhetoric 'A Little Troubling'

""I used to be a conservative and I watch these debates and I'm wondering, I don't think I've changed, but it's a little troubling sometimes when people are appealing to people's fears and emotion rather than trying to get them to look over the horizon for a broader perspective and that's kind of where we are," said the former Florida governor..."


Jeb's gonna run. Mitt's in trouble.
Nah, not really.
Gnhtsg is offline  
post #25 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Gog
Naturally Exasperated
 
Gog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 4,019
Quote:
When I entered Republican politics during an earlier period of malaise, in the late seventies and early eighties, the movement got most of the big questions -- crime, inflation, the Cold War -- right. This time, the party is getting the big questions disastrously wrong."

"In the aftershock of 2008, large numbers of Americans feel exploited and abused. Rather than workable solutions, my party is offering low taxes for the currently rich and high spending for the currently old, to be followed by who-knows-what and who-the-hell-cares. This isn't conservatism; it's a going-out-of-business sale for the baby-boom generation."

- David Frum, former speech writer for George W. Bush
.......
Gog is offline  
post #26 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,833
^
Do you, perchance, have a link to that quote? I find that most interesting.




WOW!
This current crop of radical righties has even old Republicans shaking their heads. Sad times for the GOP.
Gnhtsg is offline  
post #27 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 10:16 PM
Gog
Naturally Exasperated
 
Gog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 4,019
Gog is offline  
post #28 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Le Kiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: In the warmth of a warming world
Posts: 2,519
Jeb Bush is going to be whipped out when the current GOP has imploded in on itself like a pustule filled with hate, fear and loathing. Probably mid way through President Obama's second mandate, because, yes, I STILL don't believe any American with over room temperature IQ could be stupid or insane enough to vote for the GOP, especially its current puppets, Reich Sanitarium or that Moron guy.
Then again, what do I know....






Sorry. Mormon. I always forget the extra 'm'...

...Just when I thought it was safe to go back in the water......
Le Kiwi is offline  
post #29 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Kiwi View Post
Jeb Bush is going to be whipped out when the current GOP has imploded in on itself like a pustule filled with hate, fear and loathing. Probably mid way through President Obama's second mandate, because, yes, I STILL don't believe any American with over room temperature IQ could be stupid or insane enough to vote for the GOP, especially its current puppets, Reich Sanitarium or that Moron guy.
Then again, what do I know....






Sorry. Mormon. I always forget the extra 'm'...
Another liberal circle jerk here I see. Since you seemingly put down Mitt for his religion, what religion is acceptable. Or is only atheism the right path to the White House for you? Curious how many Mormons you have known and whether they have pushed their beliefs on you. Being Mormon would probably mean Mitt would be less likely than any other republican in history to push his personal religious beliefs on America. Wouldn't that be a positive in his favor? He is also probably one of the most moderate republicans I can think of running for the nomination, with an actual chance to get it, which is one reason he hasn't already wrapped up the nomination.
twin-nut is offline  
post #30 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 12:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 426
I am disillusioned in the same manner as the author. Their is no shame in admitting the errors of the Bush years. Their is no shame in admitting the errors of the Obama years. That you focus 99% of your energy on one and 1% on the other is telling of the blind foresight you must have. I wont disagree with anything in that piece including the following:

"America desperately needs a responsible and compassionate alternative to the Obama administrationís path of bigger government at higher cost."

Why hasn't a single moderate democrat with credibility, energy, and intelligence decided to stand up and run against Obama themself. Do democrats believe that Obama is the best they have to offer?
twin-nut is offline  
post #31 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Gog
Naturally Exasperated
 
Gog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 4,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin-nut View Post
I am disillusioned in the same manner as the author. Their is no shame in admitting the errors of the Bush years. Their is no shame in admitting the errors of the Obama years. That you focus 99% of your energy on one and 1% on the other is telling of the blind foresight you must have. I wont disagree with anything in that piece including the following:

"America desperately needs a responsible and compassionate alternative to the Obama administrationís path of bigger government at higher cost."

Why hasn't a single moderate democrat with credibility, energy, and intelligence decided to stand up and run against Obama themself. Do democrats believe that Obama is the best they have to offer?
As Obama racks up success after success, right wingers look more and more like the idiots who supported Bush and the neocons, Palin and the Tbaggers...people who bankrupted the nation, took zero responsibility, blamed others for everything, blocked the healing process, spread lie after lie and support more stupid, moronic idiots who will do more damage to America.. simple stuff really.

Look at the long list of failed 'holy reich wing wars'.. not sick of that yet? Look at the debilitating divisions they champion.. not sick of that yet? Look at the dangerous disparity they've fostered. History teaches you what follows this.. Look at their environmental/scientific idiocy.. you will get sick of that.. whether you are informed or as stupid as 'the base'.. You will inherit the consequences...

America doesnt need more of the institutional lies of religion and it's 'movement' of religious hypocrites any longer. Too bad 'the base' is so pathologically wrongful and willfully ignorant. Bunch of anti Christs anyway. Doing the opposite of what the myth says is true and 'instructs'! Justifying all the antichrist actions they take from: Hating the poor to hating Jesus's own people, to greed and destruction of the creation to the pathological spreading of lies and hate instead of the two, main things Jesus was supposed to have championed over EVERYTHING else.. Truth and Love... All I see coming out of reich wing central are lies and hate...lol.

They've really worked out an excuse for every devilish action they now call 'truth', 'values', 'morals'.. yeah right... Why let these idiots do the the American Constitution what they've done with biblical writings? Jesus is waiting to 'rapture' the knuckles of these false profiteer...
Gog is offline  
post #32 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Gog
Naturally Exasperated
 
Gog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 4,019
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/03/op...WT.mc_ev=click
Santorum and the Sexual Revolution

Quote:
ďIt comes down to sex. Thatís what itís all about. It comes down to freedom, and it comes down to sex. If you have anything to do with any of the sexual issues, and if you are on the wrong side of being able to do all of the sexual freedoms you want, you are a bad guy. And youíre dangerous because you are going to limit my freedom in an area thatís the most central to me. And thatís the way itís looked at.Ē
Quote:
ďWoodstock is the great American orgy. This is who the Democratic Party has become. They have become the party of Woodstock. They prey upon our most basic primal lusts, and thatís sex. And the whole abortion culture, itís not about life. Itís about sexual freedom. Thatís what itís about. Homosexuality. Itís about sexual freedom. All of the things are about sexual freedom, and they hate to be called on them. They try to somehow or other tie this to the founding fathersí vision of liberty, which is bizarre. Itís ridiculous. Thatís at the core of why you are attacked.Ē
Quote:
James Madison, ďFather of the ConstitutionĒ and fourth president of the United States, wrote in 1822 that: ďEvery new and successful example, therefore, of a perfect separation between the ecclesiastical and civil matters, is of importance; and I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in showing that religion and government will both exist in greater purity the less they are mixed together.Ē
Santorumís stances are not about our Constitution, but his. He views personal freedoms as a personal affront. His thinking exists in a pre-1960s era of aspirin-between-the-knees contraception and read-between-the-lines sexuality.
The kind of conservatism that Santorum represents has been described as a war on women, but I would rephrase that. Itís a war on sex beyond the confines of traditional marriage and strict heterosexuality in which women, particularly poor ones, and gays, particularly open ones, are likely to suffer the greatest casualties.
Born again retards....Santorum is definitely gay...of the Haggard kind...
Gog is offline  
post #33 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 05:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 426
Success after success. Really. Hope and change are nice words. Cap and trade, nope. Balanced budget, nope. Reducing defense spending, nope. Shoring up soc security, nope, in fact he is giving away payroll taxes and only because very worker who pays no federal taxes gets more to keep. Getting more than 1/2 of Americans to pay taxes for all the government programs, well yes by a couple percent, good job there Mr President. Pushing cleaner energy like natural gas and nuclear, not really. Winning a Nobel prize and becoming a multimillionaire, job well done. Did he successfully quit smoking yet or he is still blowing more CO2 into our frail atmosphere. Success afte success. So much more to come.

Now answer my last question from above. Not one goddamn democrat with enough balls and brains to challenge the great black hope.

How bout that holy left wing war in Vietnam. It set the tone for every failed war sense. Suppose that was Nixon's war, reich?
twin-nut is offline  
post #34 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Gog
Naturally Exasperated
 
Gog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 4,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin-nut View Post
Success after success. Really. Hope and change are nice words. Cap and trade, nope. Balanced budget, nope. Reducing defense spending, nope. Shoring up soc security, nope, in fact he is giving away payroll taxes and only because very worker who pays no federal taxes gets more to keep. Getting more than 1/2 of Americans to pay taxes for all the government programs, well yes by a couple percent, good job there Mr President. Pushing cleaner energy like natural gas and nuclear, not really. Winning a Nobel prize and becoming a multimillionaire, job well done. Did he successfully quit smoking yet or he is still blowing more CO2 into our frail atmosphere. Success afte success. So much more to come.

Now answer my last question from above. Not one goddamn democrat with enough balls and brains to challenge the great black hope.

How bout that holy left wing war in Vietnam. It set the tone for every failed war sense. Suppose that was Nixon's war, reich?
Frog's legs anyone?
Gog is offline  
post #35 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 06:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 426
Nice comeback.
twin-nut is offline  
post #36 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 06:33 PM
Gog
Naturally Exasperated
 
Gog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 4,019
Thanks!

Hearing in the frog's legs... It's about the perfect metaphor for the way a right wing ding-a-ling's mind, logic and "science" works..
Peddling the whimsical, juvenile, middle eastern nonsense as if its the kind of thing the Founding Fathers would have dictated, promoted or governed with.

The original, cosmic and universal founding father told me to tell them they're full of shite... really, I swear.
Gog is offline  
post #37 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 11:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 426
So not only do you know what the founding fathers might have to say about our state of affairs but now you speak with god. Of, my bad, that was sarcasm, I get it now. What in my last post was a lie by the way?
twin-nut is offline  
post #38 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 11:59 PM
Gog
Naturally Exasperated
 
Gog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 4,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin-nut View Post
So not only do you know what the founding fathers might have to say about our state of affairs but now you speak with god. Of, my bad, that was sarcasm, I get it now. What in my last post was a lie by the way?
You know how to navigate? Reference points? Reckoning?

Quote:
ďFather of the ConstitutionĒ and fourth president of the United States, wrote in 1822 that: ďEvery new and successful example, therefore, of a perfect separation between the ecclesiastical and civil matters, is of importance; and I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in showing that religion and government will both exist in greater purity the less they are mixed together.Ē
What part of that is over your head? We can help you through this...
Gog is offline  
post #39 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 06:25 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Kiwi View Post
or that Moron guy.
Then again, what do I know....



Sorry. Mormon. I always forget the extra 'm'...
Do you feel the same way about Harry Reid? At least be bigoted across party lines....

P.S. - Harry Reid converted. That has to be the powerful kick in your tiny nuts.
mfreeman is offline  
post #40 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog View Post
You know how to navigate? Reference points? Reckoning?

What part of that is over your head? We can help you through this...
That quote is absolutely correct, as was most, not all, of what Thomas Jefferson stood for. And that somehow was what, something that was incorrect in my last post?
twin-nut is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome