Evolution..:: - Page 20 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #381 of 390 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012, 03:28 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #382 of 390 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 06:56 PM
post #383 of 390 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 04:48 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/06/sc...pagewanted=all

"Now scientists have discovered a vital clue to unraveling these riddles. The human genome is packed with at least four million gene switches that reside in bits of DNA that once were dismissed as “junk” but that turn out to play critical roles in controlling how cells, organs and other tissues behave. The discovery, considered a major medical and scientific breakthrough, has enormous implications for human health because many complex diseases appear to be caused by tiny changes in hundreds of gene switches."

"The findings, which are the fruit of an immense federal project involving 440 scientists from 32 laboratories around the world, will have immediate applications for understanding how alterations in the non-gene parts of DNA contribute to human diseases..."

Better understanding is always good, especially when it comes to health.
I guess this is what Obama meant when he said "you didn't build that".
Republican Evangelicals would rather we all die and suffer more than is necessary, the disfunctional losers.
And you can bet your ass the bible-banging assclowns will be in line for treatment when they get sick. Just like they get their secret abortions when they make a mistake. Or when they sleep with boys when they get horny.
Brother.

post #384 of 390 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 03:34 AM

Meh.

The whole thing is ancient Babylonian Religion.

Copernican Revolution to Darwinian Revolution to Marxian Revolution to Freudian Revolution to Einstenian Revolution to Saganian Revolution. It's all a bunch of drivel dressed up as supposed Science. Relativity is a farce.

Meanwhile, the supposedly Christian side promotes a three-person Trinity God that is inane and extra-biblical.

False dichotomies and doube standards abound, with inequity the prevailing self-delusional thought.

Evolution is Kabbalah, along with all the other garbage. The Eschaton Agenda is in full-throttle mode. Very apt for a motorcycle forum discussion.

Last edited by WYD OPN; 09-08-2012 at 03:46 AM.
post #385 of 390 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYD OPN View Post
Meh.

The whole thing is ancient Babylonian Religion.

Copernican Revolution to Darwinian Revolution to Marxian Revolution to Freudian Revolution to Einstenian Revolution to Saganian Revolution. It's all a bunch of drivel dressed up as supposed Science. Relativity is a farce.

Meanwhile, the supposedly Christian side promotes a three-person Trinity God that is inane and extra-biblical.

False dichotomies and doube standards abound, with inequity the prevailing self-delusional thought.

Evolution is Kabbalah, along with all the other garbage. The Eschaton Agenda is in full-throttle mode. Very apt for a motorcycle forum discussion.
I don't know what you're on, but it sure works well.

...Just when I thought it was safe to go back in the water......
post #386 of 390 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 03:23 AM

New DNA Analysis Shows Ancient Humans Interbred with Denisovans: Scientific American

""It was the first time a new group of distinct humans was discovered" via genetic analysis rather than by anatomical description."

"Denisovans appear to have been more closely related to Neandertals than to humans, but the evidence also suggests that Denisovans and humans interbred."

Here is something that we will be doing some day soon:
We will be able to look at our own DNA and tell what percentage of it came from various ancestors. For instance, I might have three percent Neanderthal DNA whereas someone like, oh, I don't know...nero, might have ten percent. We will also be able to trace where our ancestors migrated from and who they mated with. My guess is that conservatives relate closely to baboons and liberals closely to chimps. But we'll have to wait and see.

Last edited by Gnhtsg; 10-04-2012 at 12:42 AM.
post #387 of 390 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 07:28 AM
...clink...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
New DNA Analysis Shows Ancient Humans Interbred with Denisovans: Scientific American

""It was the first time a new group of distinct humans was discovered" via genetic analysis rather than by anatomical description."

"Denisovans appear to have been more closely related to Neandertals than to humans, but the evidence also suggests that Denisovans and humans interbred."

Here is something that we will be doing some day soon:
We will be able to look at our own DNA and tell what percentage of it came from various ancestors. For instance, I might have three percent Neanderthal DNA whereas someone like, oh, I don't know...nero, might have ten percent. We will also be able to trace where our ancestors migrated from and who they mated with. My guess is that conservatives relate closely to baboons and liberals closely to chimps. But we'll have to wait and see.
You being 3% Neanderthat doesn't surprise me. What would surprise me is that we might be cousins. ???

nero
'06 999
post #388 of 390 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 04:07 PM

Hee, hee.
I went fishing and hooked a black pussy.
post #389 of 390 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 12:15 AM

Drug Resistant Tuberculosis - Evolution Right Before Our Eyes

Beware, nero, when you scrounge through the gutters of Calcutta, little friend.

Seriously though, this is serious chit and it's spreading. Stay away from third-world hookers, coRky.
Alarming levels of drug-resistant TB found worldwide | Reuters

CDC | TB | Drug-Resistant TB

It's in the U.S. too. There are something like five deaths per year from it.
Not that anyone would take the time to read this.

Last edited by Gnhtsg; 10-04-2012 at 12:43 AM.
post #390 of 390 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 05:52 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode