Barney Frank gets reamed a new one... - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Panigaliscious

Barney Frank gets reamed a new one...

Perhaps that is a bad title. BF might like it (how ironic are those initials?)

YouTube - Classic Bill O'Reilly - Loses it on Barney Frank

O'Reilly can be a real blowhard sometimes, but on this one he had Frank caught red-handed and even then Barney won't budge. Frank goes on about how unbecoming Bill's behavior is, then proceeds to tell him he is too dumb to understand the nuances of Frank's position. What a douche.

O'Reilly 1
Frank 0

1985 Honda VF1000R, 1990 Ducati 851, 2008 YZ450F
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Gog
Naturally Exasperated

Quote:
Originally Posted by sburns2421 View Post
Perhaps that is a bad title. BF might like it (how ironic are those initials?)

YouTube - Classic Bill O'Reilly - Loses it on Barney Frank

O'Reilly can be a real blowhard sometimes, but on this one he had Frank caught red-handed and even then Barney won't budge. Frank goes on about how unbecoming Bill's behavior is, then proceeds to tell him he is too dumb to understand the nuances of Frank's position. What a douche.

O'Reilly 1
Frank 0
Dude, you gotta be a pathetic , sad guy to hold O'Rielly in any esteem. Your steady diet of Religion, racism and fear has given you heroes of the lowest common denominator. Add 100 pounds and a triple chin and you have Rush O'Limbaugh. The same lames ass, coward hillbilly garbage beaks who dont have the shame enough to disappear when they're caught with their dick in the choir boy.

This right wing Mennonite community needs to be stripped of their special needs/politcal correectness perks and be fired...especially when they cheat and lie, fail and fake their way to equall status of a smart person.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 08:35 PM

Whine away gag, barney looked like the douchbag he is, denying his hand in the failure of freddie and fannie, the lying sack of shit could hardly spit out his words he was so rattled. I loved when he was played the clip where he was actually saying EXACTLY what he denied saying 30 seconds before, and he STILL wouldn't cop to it. Typical dem double speak. They're so used to being able to pull the wool over the eyes of their slack jawed, mouth breathing constituents that when they get called on it they go into cerebral vapor lock!

-Rocky-

ROCKYMT

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 10:53 PM

Quote:

O'Reilly 1
Frank 0

O'Reily=Duesch ---

I'll agree with your point when I see O'Reilly interview Paulson...or perhaps Bush and pull the same thing...I hate that I'm doing this...

Here are parts for the original transcript.

Quote:
FOXNews.com - Bill O'Reilly Battles Rep. Barney Frank Over Financial Crisis - Bill O'Reilly | The O'Reilly Factor

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)
REP. BARNEY FRANK, D-MASS.: I think this is a case where Fannie and Freddie are fundamentally sound, that they are not in danger of going under. They're not the best investments these days from the long-term standpoint going back. I think they are in good shape going forward.
They're in a housing market. I do think their prospects going forward are very solid. And in fact, we're going to do some things that are going to improve them.
(END VIDEO CLIP)

O'REILLY: All right, that's swell. But you still went out in July and said everything was great. And off that, a lot of people bought stock and lost everything they had.
FRANK: Oh, no.
O'REILLY: And — yes, oh yes. Oh, yes.
FRANK: I said it wasn't a good investment. Please stop yelling.
O'REILLY: Don't give me any of that, we just heard the words. What are you…
FRANK: That's wrong.
O'REILLY: You didn't say that? You want me to play it again for you?
FRANK: You didn't listen to it.
O'REILLY: No, I listened to every word you said. And I have the transcript right here.
FRANK: No, and I said it wasn't a good investment.
O'REILLY: Yes, you said going forward, we're going to be swell.
FRANK: No, I didn't say swell. Excuse me, Bill.
O'REILLY: Look, from August '07 to August '08.
FRANK: Excuse me, Bill.
O'REILLY: Don't — look, stop the B.S. here. Stop the crap! From August '07 to August '08…
FRANK: You know, here's the problem going on your show...
O'REILLY: …under your tutelage, this industry…
FRANK: Here is the problem going on your show.
O'REILLY: …declined 90 percent. 90 percent.
FRANK: Yes, but…
O'REILLY: Oh, none of this was your fault! Oh, no. People lost millions of dollars. It wasn't your fault. Come on, you coward! Say the truth.
FRANK: What do you mean coward?
O'REILLY: You're a coward. You blame everybody else. You're a coward.
FRANK: Bill, here's the problem with going on your show. You start ranting. And the only way to respond is almost to look as boorish as you. But here's the facts. I specifically said in the quote you just played that I didn't think it was a good investment. I wasn't telling anybody to buy stock. I said it wasn't a good investment.
( BBC NEWS | Business | Buffett warns on investment 'time bomb')

O'Reilly was mistating what Frank said in the video clip. In addition this crisis didn't start last year (not fair to blame him for it)...it's been building since at least 2003
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
Panigaliscious

I should clarified that Frank is the douche in this exchange. Frank said that it was a bad investment over the past few years, but would be fine going forward.

The exact words:

"They're not the best investments these days from the long-term standpoint going back. I think they are in good shape going forward."

If that is not an endorsement to buy, which was what O'Reilly was nailing him on, I don't know what it is.

To say Frank is exonerated because he didn't see the looming mess, this should also exonerate the Republicans also for their lack of foresight. Both sides are responsible, but it collapsed under Franks watch of the last two years.

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Both sides are responsible, but it collapsed under Franks watch of the last two years.
The irony is inescapable. After 9/11, even after Clark and the others said Bush was warned about al Qaeda and that he totally ignored the threat, all the neozilla's defended the fact that the attack came on Bush's watch. But now Frank gets singled out for this mess. How thoroughly predictable.

"...let us not ignore the truth among ourselves, that we are the aggressors and they defend themselves. The country is theirs, because they inhabit it, whereas we want to come here and settle down."
David Ben-Gurion (the father of Israel)
"When fascism comes to America it will be draped in a flag and holding a cross." Sinclair Lewis
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands. One nation, indivisible, with liberty, and justice for all.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
The exact words:

"They're not the best investments these days from the long-term standpoint going back. I think they are in good shape going forward."
An if O'Reilly had used his exact words, Frank wouldn't have had the wiggle room, instead O'Reilly blows the qoute, Frank denies using words that O'Reilly is saying and the two argue about it...pathetic.

Getting reamed? I guess it depends on what side of the partisan fence your on. O'Reilly could have scored a direct hit but he blew it...it's like watching him and Heraldo go at it...
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
Panigaliscious

Quote:
Originally Posted by 998Junkie View Post
An if O'Reilly had used his exact words, Frank wouldn't have had the wiggle room, instead O'Reilly blows the qoute, Frank denies using words that O'Reilly is saying and the two argue about it...pathetic.

Getting reamed? I guess it depends on what side of the partisan fence your on. O'Reilly could have scored a direct hit but he blew it...it's like watching him and Heraldo go at it...
They played a clip from July of Frank's comments.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Panigaliscious

Quote:
Originally Posted by 998Junkie View Post

The two are not analogous. 9/11 was an act of war from soldiers that didn't represent any particular country.

It is difficult to defend yourself against people willing to commit suicide in their mission. But on the bright side for you I have a feeling we will get the chance to see how your boy Obama does ensuring our security. I am predicting right now that our enemies are going to make him their Beyotch.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 02:24 AM

Is Barney still running the male prostitution ring?
Oh, sorry, he's a democrat. Anything goes. Makes me have a lot of respect for him and his credibility.

02 998 La Strega Bella
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 03:12 PM
Street and Track Moderator

I think that it was his boyfriend that was running the prostitution ring from Barney's home!! It's amazing how few people remember this!

Matthew
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 09:01 PM

Quote:
9/11 was an act of war from soldiers that didn't represent any particular country.
It was an act of terrorism. Nice try but I'm not buying your attempt to blow them up bigger than they are.
You're right about no particular country. They THINK they represent the calaphate. But really, they represent anarchy.

"...let us not ignore the truth among ourselves, that we are the aggressors and they defend themselves. The country is theirs, because they inhabit it, whereas we want to come here and settle down."
"When fascism comes to America it will be draped in a flag and holding a cross." Sinclair Lewis
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands. One nation, indivisible, with liberty, and justice for all.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
Panigaliscious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Area 51 View Post
It was an act of terrorism. Nice try but I'm not buying your attempt to blow them up bigger than they are.
You're right about no particular country. They THINK they represent the calaphate. But really, they represent anarchy.
So how again is the banking mess, caused by our policies, analogous to 9/11 which was caused by anarchists? One seems internal to the US and somewhat under our control, while the other was not.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-06-2008, 01:01 AM

Who said analogous? Not me.

I think, since this is a thread sort of about Barney Frank, you inadvertently and subliminally, chose the word ANALagous. Come out of the closet.

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-06-2008, 01:06 AM Thread Starter
Panigaliscious

I should have quoted this in post #9!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Area 51 View Post
The irony is inescapable. After 9/11, even after Clark and the others said Bush was warned about al Qaeda and that he totally ignored the threat, all the neozilla's defended the fact that the attack came on Bush's watch. But now Frank gets singled out for this mess. How thoroughly predictable.
You made the comparison to 9/11 and the banking crisis. They are not comparable.

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-06-2008, 02:38 PM
Gog
Naturally Exasperated

Quote:
You made the comparison to 9/11 and the banking crisis. They are not comparable.
They were both catastrophic blows to America. They both caused massive damage to Wall St. They were both caused by terrorists and the Right Wing is approaching the problem the same way... blame the wrong people..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode