Global Warming - Page 6 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 3778 (permalink) Old 01-10-2007, 10:20 PM

From a 72-degree January day in Manhattan to "polar bears in peril," the media have done anything but chill about the weather lately.

"Never has good weather felt so bad. Never have flowers inspired so much fear. Never has the warm caress of a sunbeam seemed so ominous. The weather is sublime, itís glorious, itís the end of the world," wrote Joel Achenbach on the January 7 Washington Post Style section front.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 3778 (permalink) Old 01-10-2007, 11:36 PM

What does Joel know!

The sky IS falling and none of you care!

'12 Tri Explorer
'05 GSXR1k (4Sale)
'00 RC51 (4Sale)
post #103 of 3778 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanST4
From a 72-degree January day in Manhattan to "polar bears in peril," the media have done anything but chill about the weather lately.

"Never has good weather felt so bad. Never have flowers inspired so much fear. Never has the warm caress of a sunbeam seemed so ominous. The weather is sublime, itís glorious, itís the end of the world," wrote Joel Achenbach on the January 7 Washington Post Style section front.

Yes, how can cherry trees and flowers growing early be so bad...

Who cares about a future ice age, record numbers of tornadoes, hurricanes, rising sea waters and temperatures, the flowers and cherry trees that are growing early now, they will take care of everything like some mystical fairy casting it's magical pixie dust over the land.

post #104 of 3778 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutter
Who cares about a future ice age, record numbers of tornadoes, hurricanes, rising sea waters and temperatures, the flowers and cherry trees that are growing early now, they will take care of everything like some mystical fairy casting it's magical pixie dust over the land.
Hey cutter, by chance, have you, the ACLU or any of those green peace orgs found the fountain of youth yet?
I mean why does death have to be the inevitable? Cant we beat that too?

But seriously, can you answer my question in #98?

'12 Tri Explorer
'05 GSXR1k (4Sale)
'00 RC51 (4Sale)
post #105 of 3778 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFBO
Haha @ Dan

Perhaps you need to put the reading material down when getting sleepy cuz biodiesel is "the cooking grease route".

Since this thread wont die. Can anyone emphatically state whether or not global warming has happened in the earth's history and was it once or numerous times?
Yes it has happened before.

The human factor is making it happen again much faster and more intensely.
post #106 of 3778 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Yes it has happened before.

The human factor is making it happen again much faster and more intensely.
Ok so it's happened before and probably more than once........so my next question is HOW do we know this current warming trend is happening any faster than the last 2,3,4,5, etc..... times in earth's history?
.......with specifics if possible.

'12 Tri Explorer
'05 GSXR1k (4Sale)
'00 RC51 (4Sale)
post #107 of 3778 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Ok so it's happened before and probably more than once........so my next question is HOW do we know this current warming trend is happening any faster than the last 2,3,4,5, etc..... times in earth's history?
.......with specifics if possible.
I guess I believe in science.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming

Quote:
The atmospheric concentrations of carbon dioxide and methane have increased by 31% and 149% respectively above pre-industrial levels since 1750. This is considerably higher than at any time during the last 650,000 years, the period for which reliable data has been extracted from ice cores. From less direct geological evidence it is believed that carbon dioxide values this high were last attained 40 million years ago. About three-quarters of the anthropogenic (man-made) emissions of carbon dioxide to the atmosphere during the past 20 years are due to fossil fuel burning. The rest of the anthropogenic emissions are predominantly due to land-use change, especially deforestation.[4]
post #108 of 3778 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 04:17 AM

Quote:
You IDIOT.

You are saying the validity of science, for you, rests on beliefs. The irony of ignorance is surpasses only by its consequences.
post #109 of 3778 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepeatOffender
You IDIOT.

You are saying the validity of science, for you, rests on beliefs. The irony of ignorance is surpasses only by its consequences.
I never said that you e-tard!
Your parents have any children that lived?
post #110 of 3778 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 10:58 AM

Quote:
I never said that
Sure you did, errr, I mean you did say BELIEVE [in science] didnt you?

'12 Tri Explorer
'05 GSXR1k (4Sale)
'00 RC51 (4Sale)
post #111 of 3778 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Sure you did, errr, I mean you did say BELIEVE [in science] didnt you?
Yes I did.
But I never said science was based on beliefs like Repeat (the question) Offender said.
post #112 of 3778 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Yes I did.
But I never said science was based on beliefs like Repeat (the question) Offender said.
No you said:
Quote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming
believe: to have confidence or faith in the truth of (a positive assertion, story, etc.); give credence to.

Wow, we pretty much are the same I suppose Aclutter. I have 'faith' in God and you 'believe' in science. Two different words with pretty much the same meaning or very similiar at least.

'12 Tri Explorer
'05 GSXR1k (4Sale)
'00 RC51 (4Sale)
post #113 of 3778 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 02:42 AM

Quote:
No you said:
believe: to have confidence or faith in the truth of (a positive assertion, story, etc.); give credence to.

Wow, we pretty much are the same I suppose Aclutter. I have 'faith' in God and you 'believe' in science. Two different words with pretty much the same meaning or very similar at least.
I would get into a debate about the definition of reality and perception of, and how outside factors fit into received perceptions as universal truths to most, then I would bring up religious minded realities on how a belief is the same as a reality to them, such as i believe i have a spoon in my hand, and most would agree, because in reality our perception is really the only truth we have.

But unfortunetly philosophy isn't based off of three word sloganeering and talking points, so I wouldn't expect you to be able to handle such a discussion.
post #114 of 3778 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 02:47 AM

Somehow I knew you'd have a problem with the definition of believe.....scienceboy.

Quote:
But unfortunetly philosophy isn't based off of three word sloganeering and talking points, so I wouldn't expect you to be able to handle such a discussion.
And this will be a fine example of my role reversing thread! LOLOL!

'12 Tri Explorer
'05 GSXR1k (4Sale)
'00 RC51 (4Sale)
post #115 of 3778 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Somehow I knew you'd have a problem with the definition of believe.....scienceboy.

And this will be a fine example of my role reversing thread! LOLOL!
No, this would be you scratching and clawing for anything to avoid the original topic at hand because you have nothing to rebuttal with.
post #116 of 3778 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 01:02 PM

Back on topic... even EXXON is now changing it's stance and acknowledging that we are having an effect on global warming and intering into serious discussion about what they can do to curb the effects.

Also they have withdrawn their support from a think tank that runs ad's that argue if global warming is a problem...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16593606/
post #117 of 3778 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 01:57 PM

Yes and it's obviously because EXXON now believes that burning their products contributes to Global Warming. Has to be, right? I mean, it's just more solid scientific proof that burning fuels contributes to global warming.

I mean, EXXON just did these things so, do I have to draw you a picture? Only an idiot wouldn't see that this action by EXXON is more proof of global warming.

Get on the bus people, it's no longer open to debate. Even EXXON admits it. Right? Don't they?
post #118 of 3778 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 07:33 PM
Panigaliscious

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_broke_down
Back on topic... even EXXON is now changing it's stance and acknowledging that we are having an effect on global warming and intering into serious discussion about what they can do to curb the effects.

Also they have withdrawn their support from a think tank that runs ad's that argue if global warming is a problem...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16593606/
The original topic of this thread was not if the Earth is warming, or if humans contributed. The question is whether humans are the LEADING cause (and therefore could lead the cure as well).

1985 Honda VF1000R, 1990 Ducati 851, 2008 YZ450F
post #119 of 3778 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanST4
Yes and it's obviously because EXXON now believes that burning their products contributes to Global Warming. Has to be, right? I mean, it's just more solid scientific proof that burning fuels contributes to global warming.

I mean, EXXON just did these things so, do I have to draw you a picture? Only an idiot wouldn't see that this action by EXXON is more proof of global warming.

Get on the bus people, it's no longer open to debate. Even EXXON admits it. Right? Don't they?
Can we still debate if the earth is flat?
Just because over 99% of the earths population says it's round, and it is scientifically proven, does that mean it's not open for debate anymore...?
Of course not.
http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djubl...rthsociety.htm

I think you might find some like minded people over there to share your global warming views with.
post #120 of 3778 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 08:25 PM

Has the scientific crowd ever got anything wrong in say the past 100 yrs cutter?

Or is their word bond as far as you're concerned?

Oh btw I checked out that cool link!

Quote:
Can we still debate if the earth is flat?
Just because over 99% of the earths population says it's round, and it is scientifically proven, does that mean it's not open for debate anymore...?
Of course not.
http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djubl...rthsociety.htm

I think you might find some like minded people over there to share your global warming views with.

Yo cutter, did you miss/read the disclaimer?

"The Flat Earth Society is not in any way responsible for the failure of the French to repel the Germans at the Maginot Line during WWII. Nor is the Flat Earth Society responsible for the recent yeti sightings outside the Vatican, or for the unfortunate enslavement of the Nabisco Inc. factory employees by a rogue hamster insurrectionist group. Furthermore, we are not responsible for the loss of one or more of the following, which may possibly occur as the result of exposing one's self to the dogmatic and dangerously subversive statements made within: life, limb, vision, Francois Mitterand, hearing, taste, smell, touch, thumb, Aunt Mildred, citizenship, spleen, bedrock, cloves, I Love Lucy reruns, toaster, pine derby racer, toy duck, antelope, horseradish, prosthetic ankle, double-cheeseburger, tin foil, limestone, watermelon-scented air freshner, sanity, paprika, German to Pig Latin dictionary, dish towel, pet Chihuahua, pogo stick, Golf Digest subscription, floor tile, upper torso or halibut. "

In short yea, through ther sarcasm I think we would find like minded ppl there! Bwahahaaaaaaaaa!

You goofy bastard! (meant in the most sincere manner, not offensive)

'12 Tri Explorer
'05 GSXR1k (4Sale)
'00 RC51 (4Sale)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode