04 750 GSXR bodywork.. - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
fast is never fast enough

Send a message via Yahoo to troy sharpe
04 750 GSXR bodywork..

Can anyone here atest to the quality of OPP'S street carbon bodywork? Namely the upper & lower. Ive seen some pics where there is very visable "seam" lines, in numerous spots on there race bodywork. And really want that clean seamless look. From the pics i've seen its more on the upper than the lower. If ya have pics of it thats even better. Any strong refferences you have are much appreciated. Thanks guys.

SP1- All free mods. Turn 1 snorkel & airbox, PCiiir- custom mapped. Yoshi full-RS3. Galfer full floaters-front. Custom machine rear. Steel braided lines. Double h-pads. CRC- dampener. Ohlins springs, Race tech vales. Fox 3 way- out back. Vortex rear sets. LED Undertail. Speedo healer, 01 & 03 body work. Gold- carrozzeria v-star rims..Motor built- micro polished crank- JE- pistons-Mori-cams, ported heads..flowed injectors, blah blah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 06:26 PM

I have purchased a carbon fiber fender and shark fin (sprocket chain guard) from OPP as well as other products. I have received good service from them and would do business in the future. All that being stated I will say I was not impressed with the carbon fiber. For background I have purchased and handled Yoshimura and other top line Japanese carbon fiber, Ducati factory (MS Productions the older generation) CF, as well as Febur, Sebimoto/Yoyodyne carbon kevlar, Ilmberger from Germany, and custom made carbon fiber. The OPP stuff is what I have heard referred to as fiberglass carbon fiber. It is thicker, heavier, and less flexible than most of what I have seen. The exceptions are the air intake tubes I have from them.
The best finished and most show worthy I have seen is the Japanese carbon fiber. Ducati Performance street stuff has had a nice finish to it as well. The rest, Sebimoto, Febur, MS Productions, and others were race bodywork and marketed as such so cosmetics were secondary to weight. The most flexible and crash worthy was probably the Sebimoto carbon kevlar from Yoyodyne.

If you are looking to avoid the seam lines and get a perfect finish the body work is going to be very expensive. You might even have to have it refinished by a real good painter with numerous layers of clear. Look into the Japanese made dry lay up carbon fiber from Magical Racing or along those lines for "perfect" carbon fiber body work.
Hope this helped.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode