'06 SM610S First Impression - Page 44 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #861 of 915 (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 02:18 PM

Pilot Powers

Should I get the 150 or 160 Pilot Power?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #862 of 915 (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 03:32 PM

150, a 160 will pinch and give you less contact patch
post #863 of 915 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffallodan View Post
I have a TE-610 and my problem is not headshake, its roots, rocks, and arm fatigue.

Dan
My Biggest Problem Is ASS ACHE

If You Cant Run With The BIGG DOGGS STAY ON THE PORCH!!!!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:

post #864 of 915 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashes View Post
Fellow Aussie!
Have a look at Victorian Street Motard Riders
Thanks for the heads up. I'm already a member over there(Different name:wazid)
post #865 of 915 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sicmofo View Post
My Biggest Problem Is ASS ACHE
This helped with the arse ache:

Renazco Racing Saddle,
Renazco Dual Sport Seats

Dan
post #866 of 915 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 02:33 AM

Thanks For The Lead!!!

If You Cant Run With The BIGG DOGGS STAY ON THE PORCH!!!!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:
post #867 of 915 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 01:12 PM

Hey 610-ers, I've had great results with the much heralded 610 set up that is all over these pages since I got my '06 back in the fall. 180main, 45pilot, irridium plug....etc. That is until hot weather got here, now I've got a stutter at 6500rpms. I went back to the stock 172main and it brought the miss down to 5800rpms. Now I'm concidering going back to the 180 and making the change at the needle position to lean 'er out. Anyone else leaning out with the needle for warmer weather?
post #868 of 915 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 09:27 PM

Yes, it may be too rich. I'm assuming that you are feeling this at steady rpms/throttle position. Go back to the 180 main, lean the needle out one step and try a 42 pilot. Before you do anything, make sure you've got a fresh air filter installed and the gap on the plug is .030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goosedog View Post
Hey 610-ers, I've had great results with the much heralded 610 set up that is all over these pages since I got my '06 back in the fall. 180main, 45pilot, irridium plug....etc. That is until hot weather got here, now I've got a stutter at 6500rpms. I went back to the stock 172main and it brought the miss down to 5800rpms. Now I'm concidering going back to the 180 and making the change at the needle position to lean 'er out. Anyone else leaning out with the needle for warmer weather?
post #869 of 915 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukepilot View Post
Yes, it may be too rich. I'm assuming that you are feeling this at steady rpms/throttle position. Go back to the 180 main, lean the needle out one step and try a 42 pilot. Before you do anything, make sure you've got a fresh air filter installed and the gap on the plug is .030
Dukepilot, does a .030 gap work better for you than the factory rec'd .022-.026? Are you running a copper or Iridium plug?

Victor
post #870 of 915 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 01:22 PM

Thanks Dukepilot and yeah, I'm curious about vctr's question too.

Second querry; does anyone know of a Husky 610 OEM seat foam available? I've been in touch with Chris at Renazco and they can't do my seat because I installed a Gutz foam and ditched the stock one, they have to start from an all stock seat to do their thing. That, or does anyone know of a complete aftermarket seat that doesn't require using parts from the stock one?
post #871 of 915 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 02:38 PM

This if for the iridium or platinum plugs. These plugs have harder electrodes and smaller surface area than conventional plugs. Theoretically, the larger gap increases spark and throttle response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vctr View Post
Dukepilot, does a .030 gap work better for you than the factory rec'd .022-.026? Are you running a copper or Iridium plug?

Victor
post #872 of 915 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 04:30 PM

LV full exhaust is melting my let turnsignal...

I bought my SM610 about 3 months ago with about 600 miles and the full LV exhaust already on it. I haven't done anything to it but change the oil and ride it and I've had no problems until 3 weeks ago when it started to get HOT in Atlanta. The last two times I've ridden it, my left turn-signal has melted so bad it fell apart (yes, I was stupid and bought a new one and installed it somehow thinking it wouldn't happen again, I was wrong ). Both times this happened the temps were above 90 degrees....when the temps were below 85 I had no problems. Any suggestions on what I can do to stop the left turn signal form melting other than take the LV exhaust off or don't ride it when it's above 85 degrees outside? Thanks.
post #873 of 915 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 07:32 PM
SuperMotard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goosedog View Post
Second querry; does anyone know of a Husky 610 OEM seat foam available? I've been in touch with Chris at Renazco and they can't do my seat because I installed a Gutz foam and ditched the stock one, they have to start from an all stock seat to do their thing. That, or does anyone know of a complete aftermarket seat that doesn't require using parts from the stock one?
Maybe you can exchange your seat with a stock one from someone else who wants your foam improvement, but not all the way to a Renazco seat...

I really recommend the Renazco seat on the 610, not only Chris does a good job, it looks great, and what a great comfort improvement.

Here are a few shots of mine
Attached Images

>> visit our

post #874 of 915 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 09:25 PM

Quote:
This if for the iridium or platinum plugs. These plugs have harder electrodes and smaller surface area than conventional plugs. Theoretically, the larger gap increases spark and throttle response.
Interesting... Have you been able to get rid of the infamous 4k RPM stutter? The Iridium plug (gapped to .025") made a 90% improvement but I just switched from a 45 to a 42 pilot to try and nix the last 10% (JD Red needle, 80 main, Arrow slip-on, opened up airbox).

Victor
post #875 of 915 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtre View Post
Any suggestions on what I can do to stop the left turn signal form melting other than take the LV exhaust off or don't ride it when it's above 85 degrees outside? Thanks.
Well you can do this, it's not pretty but it works. Just a wee bit of bending.
post #876 of 915 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 12:02 AM

Don't have the 4k stutter. What is known as the stutter could be due to small movements of the throttle hand at steady cruising when you travel over small bumps in the road. The throttle is really sensitive to this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vctr View Post
Interesting... Have you been able to get rid of the infamous 4k RPM stutter? The Iridium plug (gapped to .025&quot made a 90% improvement but I just switched from a 45 to a 42 pilot to try and nix the last 10% (JD Red needle, 80 main, Arrow slip-on, opened up airbox).

Victor
post #877 of 915 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Don't have the 4k stutter. What is known as the stutter could be due to small movements of the throttle hand at steady cruising when you travel over small bumps in the road. The throttle is really sensitive to this.
I don't think it's the throttle. The stutter happens on smooth or rough roads in any gear, always between 4000 and 4300rpm while holding constant throttle. It doesn't happen at any other rpm or above 1/4 throttle. The engine cuts in and out like it's bouncing off the rev limiter.

Seems to be fairly common issue with the 610's, though some people have gotten rid of it by unplugging the TPS. You must've lucked out

Victor
post #878 of 915 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 08:33 AM

Get some of the small, pointy euro-style turn signals instead of those horrible big bulbous things and you should avoid the melting problem
post #879 of 915 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 04:09 PM

Cassos, where did you get those turn signals, they look like they would solve my problem...thanks.
post #880 of 915 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassos View Post
Maybe you can exchange your seat with a stock one from someone else who wants your foam improvement, but not all the way to a Renazco seat...

I really recommend the Renazco seat on the 610, not only Chris does a good job, it looks great, and what a great comfort improvement.

Here are a few shots of mine

I just priced a new complete OEM seat for $150, that plus Renazco's 300. charge will be a pricey but worthwhile expence I believe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode