Need Info On 2000 KTM DUKE !!!!! - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 02:50 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation Need Info On 2000 KTM DUKE !!!!!

Looking at a 2000 Duke Canadian Model
Any Info Would be appreciated
Attached Images

If You Cant Run With The BIGG DOGGS STAY ON THE PORCH!!!!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:

Last edited by 1sicmofo; 07-07-2008 at 09:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 05:50 PM

Looks like a clean bike. Has the Akra exhaust. Check to see if it has the racing Y pipe and aftermarket headers too. Also, if its equipped with a FCR41 carb, that would be great. The stock carb is a Mikuni BST40 CV carb. It works OK, after a little tweaking but the FCR is superior.

I think the 2000 models had fork rebound on one side and compression on the other side. Later models had rebound and compression on both sides. Although the bike looks clean, if its high mileage (15k miles or more) you might want to think about the cost of checking engine internals or freshening up the motor (piston, rings, valves, cam chain) and suspension if you decide to buy it.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukepilot View Post
Looks like a clean bike. Has the Akra exhaust. Check to see if it has the racing Y pipe and aftermarket headers too. Also, if its equipped with a FCR41 carb, that would be great. The stock carb is a Mikuni BST40 CV carb. It works OK, after a little tweaking but the FCR is superior.

I think the 2000 models had fork rebound on one side and compression on the other side. Later models had rebound and compression on both sides. Although the bike looks clean, if its high mileage (15k miles or more) you might want to think about the cost of checking engine internals or freshening up the motor (piston, rings, valves, cam chain) and suspension if you decide to buy it.
Bike has 1700 kilo meters on it
How available are parts for these considering its from canada
Guy is looking for $5100

Thanks for Your Help !!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 09:15 PM

That's low miles. Shouldn't have any problem getting parts here in the USA. The LC4 engine is pretty common. Body parts might be more of a challenge but the Duke was also sold here and there is little if any difference between the USA and Canadian models. I wouldn't worry too much about parts availability. Go to ktmtalk.com, lots of good info there on the LC4 models.

One other thing... the oil change routine is PIA. Not difficult, just a pain due to having to burp the air out of the frame downtube which is an oil reservoir. Keep plenty of rags/paper towels handy when doing this.

$5100 is a lot but considering the low mileage and condition of the bike, you might consider it. Depends on what else you're looking at as far as other bikes. With the Duke, you'll have a fun and reliable ride. They do shake a bit though but you'll get used to that.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 01:01 AM Thread Starter

thanks,i also have a husky sm 610,love the bike

:
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 03:20 PM

that's a sweet bike. I had a 2002. ditched the stock BST carb for an FCR41. IMO you have to dump the stock BST carb.

One thing I forgot to mention. the wheels are really soft. check the runout, etc to be sure they are not bent. replacements are difficult /expensive to find.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sicmofo View Post
Bike has 1700 kilo meters on it
How available are parts for these considering its from canada
Guy is looking for $5100

Thanks for Your Help !!!
Buy a Husky 610 sm The Husky already has a great carb on the 06 and 07 models The Husky is lighter than the Duke with a better suspension. Better Brembo brakes.I have both so I can tell you from experiance . I have had the Duke for 7 yrs. The 610 has alot less vibes as well. Duke has a bit more top end due to a little more displacement. Look at the two in this forms classifieds for a start a seven year newer bike for the same cash and a better bike at that .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode