Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums (https://www.speedzilla.com/forums/)
-   Street & Track (https://www.speedzilla.com/forums/street-track/)
-   -   Ducati Minneapolis (https://www.speedzilla.com/forums/street-track/70326-ducati-minneapolis.html)

nedragr 09-20-2012 02:42 AM

Ducati Minneapolis

Anybody on forum have any experiance with this shop?? My boy is looking to purchase a Hypermotard and any info would be helpfull.

viper1 09-20-2012 12:31 PM

Are they also known as Delano Motorsports?

Latebraker 09-20-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper1 (Post 723725)
Are they also known as Delano Motorsports?

No, they are located right in Minneapolis on Lyndale ave. I've never been in there so I don't have any experience with them, plus I live 10 miles from a ducati dealer and I recently sold my Multistrada.

rjjablo 09-20-2012 02:20 PM

Ducati Minneapolis

Better than Moto Primo which I would recommend you stay away from. I heard they were formed out of Silverback??? dont know for sure.

If you are just looking to buy the bike I would shop every dealer in MN and Wisconsin. I bought my 748 from a dealer in Chicago.

I have bought parts from Delano and they were not idiots.

I have sworn off all Ducati Dealerships unless I need OEM parts because of bad experiances with Moto Primo.

TLRSKUNK 09-20-2012 03:39 PM

Ducati Minneapolis is a great shop. They are co owned by the guys that ran Silverback performance and have vast V-twin tuning knowledge and they all basically live and breath V-twin performance. They are all stand up dudes and from what I have heard they will bend over backwards to help a customer.

I would buy from them in a heart beat and I live in oklahoma. I'm sure wingnutt or Whitw WIngs will chime in here. they both know the guys better than I do.

whitw wings 09-20-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLRSKUNK (Post 723733)
Ducati Minneapolis is a great shop. They are co owned by the guys that ran Silverback performance and have vast V-twin tuning knowledge and they all basically live and breath V-twin performance. They are all stand up dudes and from what I have heard they will bend over backwards to help a customer.

I would buy from them in a heart beat and I live in oklahoma. I'm sure wingnutt or Whitw WIngs will chime in here. they both know the guys better than I do.

Word on the track last weekend is that the co-founder of DUC of Minneapolis FRED is no longer with the shop. I think they do decent work and if you're just buying a bike, who cares. Just buy a used bike for cheaper...

TLRSKUNK 09-20-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitw wings (Post 723744)
Word on the track last weekend is that the co-founder of DUC of Minneapolis FRED is no longer with the shop. I think they do decent work and if you're just buying a bike, who cares. Just buy a used bike for cheaper...

That is sad news. any idea where he went as he was who Tom loved for tuning the RC IIRC.

whitw wings 09-20-2012 10:39 PM

No clue yet, it was just the other week. I called to get some info (love the moto gossip) and got no where.

nedragr 09-20-2012 11:32 PM

Appreciate the feedback guys. Thought about trading off the SMC but the kid doesn't want me to let it go. The garage is full and I could really use the room.....just not riding them any more.

MotoPrimo wouldn't even bother returning his emails....