Speedzilla Forums banner

new track whore

2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  eye-p 
#1 ·
Last week I picked up a Yamaha yzf750r from my brother for next to nothing. A few years ago I helped to tear it all apart and freshen things up. had the frame and swinger powder coated, rebuilt the carbs (somebody took a drill bit to the jets)and put a gaggle of new parts on.

long story short the bike never saw the road after being put back together. He put a new clutch in and couldn't bleed it properly, so he threw in the towel and never looked back. so I got the bike with a bunch of extras including a full Vance and Hines superbike carbon fairing kit with fuel tank. it's a dead sexy kit.

something like this, but with the Aero tail that Yamaha refused to use because it didn't look stock. Actual pics to follow as soon as it stops raining.

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks great... I had the pleasure of modifying Dave's SP1 Yamaha... and it's
still here waiting for more attention...

#7 ·
Dave's Sp1 sports a kit Yamaha tail section and swing arm... not to mention a QB carbon tank

#5 ·
ok, so I was doing some weighing as I go through the track prep and so far this is what I've come up with.
stock road going form weighs in at a hefty 447 lbs. no fuel full fluids otherwise.
227 lbs front
220 lbs rear

as it sits right now 389 lbs
202 lbs front
187 lbs rear

so far I've removed all of the road going bits. lights, turn signals,switches, mirrors etc. replaced stock fairings with carbon Air Tech units. removed subframe, unneeded wiring, exup valve controller( haven't gotten to the valve in the exhaust yet). built a new fairng stay and removed a ton of small brackets and things like that.

Haven't fitted the carbon tank yet. it seems that I need a different airbox for it to fit. so I may have to fab up a new one. there is also no provision for the fuelpump unit. the hole is larger on the carbon tank than the stock one, so I'll have to figure something out for that too.

needless to say there are a lot of extra parts to go on ebay or the classifieds. if anybody needs something feel free to pm me.

#9 ·
Sure... send me your email address... netters2 at comcast dot net

#12 ·
as soon as it stops raining and I can get everything out of my tiny garage. I have three bikes and a race car in a one car garage. Needless to say it's a little tight in there. I know this thread is worthless without pics, but I promise just as soon as I can.

#15 ·
thank you, next up is swiss cheesin' the rear rotor and searching for more stuff to shave weight. the fuel pump took a sh*t so I need to try and fix that. apparently a new one is $600 and some. I couldn't believe it at first, but the more places I check, I get the same price range. needless to say I'll have to figure something else out.

#16 ·
here she is with the tank mounted and the rear rotor semi cheesed. didn't go crazy with it yet. I was also foolin around with some tape and may paint a speed block design in that stripe. don't have an update on weight yet but will reweigh it prolly tomorrow.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.