new track whore - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
chimp on my shoulder

Send a message via Yahoo to johnyisthedevil
new track whore

Last week I picked up a Yamaha yzf750r from my brother for next to nothing. A few years ago I helped to tear it all apart and freshen things up. had the frame and swinger powder coated, rebuilt the carbs (somebody took a drill bit to the jets)and put a gaggle of new parts on.

long story short the bike never saw the road after being put back together. He put a new clutch in and couldn't bleed it properly, so he threw in the towel and never looked back. so I got the bike with a bunch of extras including a full Vance and Hines superbike carbon fairing kit with fuel tank. it's a dead sexy kit.

something like this, but with the Aero tail that Yamaha refused to use because it didn't look stock. Actual pics to follow as soon as it stops raining.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
06 rc51 banzai/Simons, pcIII,ohlins... the usual
94 vfr 750 cafe project
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 07:29 PM
V4 CyclePath...

Looks great... I had the pleasure of modifying Dave's SP1 Yamaha... and it's
still here waiting for more attention...

Larry L
94 RC45 #2
90 RC30 #44 sold
Have a wheelie NICE day...
Lean & Mean it in every corner of your life...
If it wasn't for us the fast lane would rust...
V4'S are music to the seat of my pants...
1952 De Havilland Chipmunk...
Yank and bank your brains loose...

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Little Shop View Post
Looks great... I had the pleasure of modifying Dave's SP1 Yamaha... and it's
still here waiting for more attention...

Real nice job of fairing in those driving lights on the race bodywork.

Only one left not in captivity.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
chimp on my shoulder

is that an r1 tail section on it too?

94 vfr 750 cafe project
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
chimp on my shoulder

ok, so I was doing some weighing as I go through the track prep and so far this is what I've come up with.
stock road going form weighs in at a hefty 447 lbs. no fuel full fluids otherwise.
227 lbs front
220 lbs rear

as it sits right now 389 lbs
202 lbs front
187 lbs rear

so far I've removed all of the road going bits. lights, turn signals,switches, mirrors etc. replaced stock fairings with carbon Air Tech units. removed subframe, unneeded wiring, exup valve controller( haven't gotten to the valve in the exhaust yet). built a new fairng stay and removed a ton of small brackets and things like that.

Haven't fitted the carbon tank yet. it seems that I need a different airbox for it to fit. so I may have to fab up a new one. there is also no provision for the fuelpump unit. the hole is larger on the carbon tank than the stock one, so I'll have to figure something out for that too.

needless to say there are a lot of extra parts to go on ebay or the classifieds. if anybody needs something feel free to pm me.

94 vfr 750 cafe project
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Gold Sponsor

nice ride

stop raining please

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 12:14 AM
V4 CyclePath...

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnyisthedevil View Post
is that an r1 tail section on it too?
Dave's Sp1 sports a kit Yamaha tail section and swing arm... not to mention a QB carbon tank

Larry L
94 RC45 #2
90 RC30 #44 sold

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 12:24 AM Thread Starter
chimp on my shoulder

nice. . . any chance of some better pics of it laying around?

94 vfr 750 cafe project
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 05:49 AM
V4 CyclePath...

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnyisthedevil View Post
nice. . . any chance of some better pics of it laying around?
Sure... send me your email address... netters2 at comcast dot net

Larry L
94 RC45 #2
90 RC30 #44 sold

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-05-2009, 12:38 AM Thread Starter
chimp on my shoulder

johnyisthedevil at yahoo. natch. I'd appreciate what ever it you have. thanks

94 vfr 750 cafe project
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-05-2009, 01:33 AM

Soooo how about some pics jitd???

'12 Tri Explorer
'05 GSXR1k (4Sale)
'00 RC51 (4Sale)
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-05-2009, 03:23 AM Thread Starter
chimp on my shoulder

as soon as it stops raining and I can get everything out of my tiny garage. I have three bikes and a race car in a one car garage. Needless to say it's a little tight in there. I know this thread is worthless without pics, but I promise just as soon as I can.

94 vfr 750 cafe project
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
chimp on my shoulder

Name:  yzf 1.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  221.6 KB

Name:  yzf 2.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  225.5 KB

Name:  yzf 3.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  201.8 KB

Name:  carbon tank.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  246.7 KB

so without further adue here she is. not impressive at this point, but a work in progress.

94 vfr 750 cafe project
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 10:58 PM

Nice, very nice
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 04:40 AM Thread Starter
chimp on my shoulder

thank you, next up is swiss cheesin' the rear rotor and searching for more stuff to shave weight. the fuel pump took a sh*t so I need to try and fix that. apparently a new one is $600 and some. I couldn't believe it at first, but the more places I check, I get the same price range. needless to say I'll have to figure something else out.

94 vfr 750 cafe project
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-09-2009, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
chimp on my shoulder

here she is with the tank mounted and the rear rotor semi cheesed. didn't go crazy with it yet. I was also foolin around with some tape and may paint a speed block design in that stripe. don't have an update on weight yet but will reweigh it prolly tomorrow.

Name:  yzf tank on.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  209.5 KB

94 vfr 750 cafe project
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 12:04 AM
Gold Sponsor

lookin good

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 12:15 AM
Full Spectrum

Those were great race bikes.

Official Supplier to Yoshimura Suzuki, Team M4 Monster Energy Suzuki, Celtic Racing, Orient Express, KTM North America, and Patriot Racing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode