Looks like its all over for Spies.... - Page 16 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #301 of 366 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 02:52 AM
Currently: Moderating

Quote:
Originally Posted by tye1138 View Post
Yea, I could probably be your father. LOL
Ummm, not with that pussy u couldn't.

Now I'm your daddy. Got to your room douchenozzle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrn View Post
why don'y you do yourself a favor and put me on ignore

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 366 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jami6989 View Post
This thread is like watching a baby seal get clubbed over and over and it just won't fukn die.
That just about sums it up. I mean, please, somebody put him out of his misery. It literally hurts to read this b*llsh*t.

Sir, I say you
Quote:
arn't aloud
to post here anymore. There. Go away.
OK, I know it's not exactly "smoth lik coffee tabel", but "arn't aloud" is pretty awesome, dude! You finally contributed something worthwile!

IMHO, of course. :twocents

Obviously you're not a golfer.
post #303 of 366 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 03:02 AM

Send a message via AIM to G8RDuc
Quote:
Obviously I should have taken the grammar school course you're probably getting aces in at the moment.

How about this, go back to watching football and drinking beers. You, trying to understand this topic, is too painful for you. If you keep it up, you'll probably get cancer or something bad like that. I'm still trying to figure out who let you have internet in the first place?
Let's dissect this (do I need to spell that the Tye way so you understand? dyesec).

a) You claimed to be a points leader in a race series at a time that you weren't. You've NEVER explained this.

b) You claimed to have inside sources on numerous occasions, yet, never reveal the actual source (besides the claim of sharing the same accountant as someone else)

c) You claim to have filmed for an ASA team, yet fail to say which team and when.

d) You ask for help while at the same time profess your expertise at whatever it is that you are asking for help with.

e) You crashed for the first time this past weekend. While posting said message, you continue to post MORE pictures of yourself and then blame a BAIL OF HAY on your crash. (and now compare yourself to Stoner).

f) Now you are trying to dish out middle school insults. Where you fail just as you do in so many other ways.

So pick a, b or c and answer one for us Tye. And stop acting like jimmy540. Otherwise, shut your big trap once and for all because everyone knows your full of shit. Your self proclaimed expertise in all these fields (scuba diving, BMW's, Paintballs, Macintosh's and now motorcycles) is just hilarious. Guess what big guy: No one believes you anymore. You're a lonely, narcissistic shithead who has to constantly put himself in the center of everything for attention to compensate for the lack of ass you get in life.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jimmy
Go Gators

2000 748R - R.I.P.
2001 996

post #304 of 366 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 08:25 AM

[quote=tye1138;554081]
Quote:
IDK where you get info from, but the truth is very different.
Been there, done that, seen it all and got the T-shirt...

Quote:
They refrigerate race fuel, to make more dense and fit MORE into the tank. The Yamaha team, in-between the red flag and going back on the track, didn't refrigerate the fuel, they added warm fuel. This caused the fuel to expand and henceforth, they didn't have enough. On a side note, Spies also ran the warm-up lap extremely fast, which caused him to use more fuel then the team expected.
They USED to refrigerate race fuel, the whole tank kept in the specially made fridges for the Belgarda R-6's, for example, which, like the moto GP bikes, were started with an auxiliary tank, the race tank, weighed and full to the brim being added at the last minute, but this was banned some time ago in WSBK.
Now the fuel comes out of the coolest part of the pit-box, but that's all.
FIM tech inspectors take fuel temp, just to make sure no-ones playing around.

Quote:
Fabrizio ran out of fuel at the end of the the 2nd race in Kayalami... so everyone suffers from the same fuel limiting issues and in the case of Spies at Monza, it was his team's fault.
They should ask him to ride slower, then...

Quote:
Huh? Do a google search for tye1138... I think you'll find everything you need to know.
Gee, I'm impressed.
You could go and replace that Mao Meregalli guy, he seems to be crap, and doesn't fuel up the bike enough for getting an extra 500 yards out of the tank...or was that Tom Houseworth getting his imperial and metric measures screwed up ?
Either way, with you guiding his hand, The Ben will never need to worry about losing another race. Ever.

Quote:
The rumor around the mill is, Haga will retire after this season. It is a rumor, but its from some solid sources.
Like.......?

...Just when I thought it was safe to go back in the water......
post #305 of 366 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 08:38 AM

[QUOTE]
Quote:
You actually believe what you read on a publicized web site! Sadly, when teams screw up that badly, they don't post info... just like the cover-up last year when Stoner's tire manager left the warmers on for too long and literally baked the front tires 2 times in a row, causing his infamous double crashes. Thats something you won't see on any pubic web site.
There is probably a good reason for this....tire warmers are automatically regulated, especially the CapIt's the Ducati Corse team use.
You cannot bake tires, unless you set them on fire with specially refrigerated fuel left lying around from The Ben's bike...

Quote:
BTW you can watch the same clip I've got, its from the Eurosport broadcast and I too got it off the internet and those guys tell the truth because they don't give a shit, they're brits!
The whole truth and nothing BUT the truth, m'lord...

Quote:
As a side note, I'm still shocked you believe anything you read... You probably believe Spies actually ran out of fuel on his own accord and Stoner just happened to crash 2 times in a row, exactly the same way, after not crashing all season (without remounting) and then never again after that incident.
as shocked as believing everything you hear...

Quote:
Racers and teams arn't aloud to have excuses for failure. Stoner is one of the few people who is similar to me in the respect; he likes to tell it how it is. Rossi will shrug and say he had a bad day, Stoner will say exactly why he wasn't able to complete his job. People ridicule him for that, but I like it... Really shows how much the teams screw up.
Replace the teams with yourself. No more SNAFU.....

post #306 of 366 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 11:47 AM
Full Spectrum

It makes sense now.

Well, looks like you ran a best lap of around 1:29:00 at WSMC this month.
2 748 TYLER PURCELL 8 12:09.350 7.462 1:29.883 6100.130
So, you did manage to beat up on a bunch of SV650's with your 749R, but still got your ass handed to you by an RC51 with Damon Stewart riding it.
While running in the :29's isnt exactly slow, it also isnt fast.

As a reference, the guy you are talking smack about in this thread runs in the :17's at Willow.

Official Supplier to Yoshimura Suzuki, Team M4 Monster Energy Suzuki, Celtic Racing, Orient Express, KTM North America, and Patriot Racing.
post #307 of 366 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:

You probably believe Spies actually ran out of fuel on his own accord
Yep. I believe it because he (Ben Spies not your inside source) said it. Until you can offer documented proof to the contrary, stick a sock in it. Of course, you have no credible source now do you? Name actual names if you want credibility.

You need to spend more time fixing your own problems rather than expending such energy being the world's leading expert on other people's problems.

Only one left not in captivity.

post #308 of 366 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye-p View Post
2 748 TYLER PURCELL 8 12:09.350 7.462 1:29.883 6100.130
So, you did manage to beat up on a bunch of SV650's with your 749R, but still got your ass handed to you by an RC51 with Damon Stewart riding it.

As a reference, the guy you are talking smack about in this thread runs in the :17's at Willow.
Yeah, but he only ran the good times because his tank was nearly empty......

Hey, the RC-51 may have been an ex-WSBK fool-factory bike too...and maybe it was Edwards in Damon's leathers, just funnin' around...?

What straw bale ?

post #309 of 366 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Kiwi View Post
Yeah, but he only ran the good times because his tank was nearly empty......
How can that be....he ran refrigerated fuel?

Only one left not in captivity.

post #310 of 366 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 01:51 PM
Nice Member

All aboard!

fast, cheap, reliable.... pick 2

post #311 of 366 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 02:03 PM

If that train hadn't have run out of refrigerated fuel on the last track, it'd have never crashed like that....

Beats me why we don't race in the North Pole. No problems with cold fuel there....

post #312 of 366 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 02:29 PM

All joking aside, here's the word from The Man. Notice how he clearly points the Finger of Blame at that INCOMPETENT team that deliberately sabotaged his efforts....

"After qualifying on the pole with a new lap record, Spies was supremely confident coming into race day. As he’d predicted race one turned into a dogfight between Haga,
his Ducati teammate Michel Fabrizio and Spies. The three had an excellent battle the entire 18 laps with all three taking turns at the front with Spies leading the majority of the time.
On the final lap Spies pulled out all the stops and managed to open a small gap. He appeared on the verge of victory when coming into the final turn his bike’s fuel tank ran dry. Spies suddenly sat up and coasted past the finish line in 15th place.

“That was a tough pill to swallow,” Spies said of the race one disappointment. “You can only carry so much fuel, and this is a long track and we run at full throttle so much that unfortunately we ran out at the end."

The missed opportunity only made Spies more determined for race two however, and he and his team devised a strategy to overcome the fuel consumption.

Spies revealed his race two strategy in the post-race press conference.

“I definitely rode the warm up laps differently and short-shifted the bike late in the race to make sure I could make it to the finish,” Spies said. “The bike could have run faster the entire race, but I wanted to make sure we brought it home. The Yamaha guys regrouped after race one, figured things out and it was great to end the weekend on a high
issue.
It worked perfectly.

In the second race Spies sprinted away from the green
light and eventually pushed his lead to over five seconds before easing his pace late in the race and winning by a margin of 2.665 seconds ahead of Fabrizio. It marked a series-leading fifth victory of the season for Spies.

Spies didn’t find out that Haga had crashed until after the race. “Hopefully Nori is OK,” said Spies, who considers Haga a good friend. “Having him suffer a crash is not the way I’d hope to stay in the championship.”

You have big braking entering into the Parabolica, and if you don't have quite enough fuel sloshing around in the tank, you starve the pump as you crank it into the cambered corner. Spies missed maybe 250 ml of go-juice, refrigerated or not.
I've lost count of the number of times I've waited for and watched fellow competitors bikes come back to the pits on a recovery truck after running out of gas after crossing the flag at Monza, or even before the flag....
Mention to your "sources" about the high-speed slipstreaming, Tye, and see if they can fill you in on the effect this has on fuel consumption, both negative and positive.
See what effect also, as you lead your next race from start to finish, opponents slipstreaming you on the ultra high-speed circuits you eat up like candy have on YOUR fuel consumption.
Passenger on board, anyone ?

As for your remark about "incompetence" in teams, just feel free to rub it in.
I'm sure those Belgarda boys, and Tom, were just smirking happy to see The Ben coast over the line after emptying the tank. I'm sure they feel good about sabotaging the R-1. Maybe Ducati paid them to use warm fuel ?
Ever thought about the fact that an engine which has just come in from the sighting lap, warm-up lap and a FAST race lap (they were coming through Lesmo when the red flags came out...) has on engine heat and overall bike heat ?
It doesn't matter squat about how cool the fuel, the minute you top up, it gets warm.

If only you'd have been there, though, you would have filled it with refrigerated fuel as only you know how....

post #313 of 366 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 04:25 PM

so if you drink warm beer, instead of refrigerated beer, will you still get cancer?...

I don't even watch football...

...dawg
post #314 of 366 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 04:29 PM
I'm Just Quackers

Send a message via AIM to tye1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
Name actual names if you want credibility.
How about you ask Le Kiwi as well... Or is that blasphemy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Kiwi View Post
As for your remark about "incompetence" in teams, just feel free to rub it in.
So, its not incompetence? Casey Stoner actually just grabbed too much break in two races in a row, same lean angle, same direction, yet happened to never do it during practice, or any other time after or before? Ohh, Ben Spies extra bike in Kayalami race 2, where the shifter lever was actually not attached to the gear box properly. That wasn't incompetence? I don't know what professional race teams you've been riding for in the past, but every team has there issues. Eslick and his fairings during the Daytona 200. WTF?

Perhaps you're an ex-superbike racer, thats kool. But without credentials, sadly your no different then me, someone writing information on the internet. I'd be anxious to know who you are and know more about your racing history, from your knowledge it sounds like you've been around the block a few times.

My friend didn't say refrigerated, I added that because he used the word "cooled" and I assumed that meant refrigerated... woops, thats translation for ya.

Quote:

Yep, I've got a bad shock and I couldn't get it swapped out in time for the race. Ohh and the "bunch of SV650's" is actually incorrect. There were 6 Ducati's in that pack, besides me, 2 of them were 749's, with better riders that got crummy starts. Damon also stepped up the pace a bit, he's been going quicker and quicker... it helps that he's got recently rebuild shock.
post #315 of 366 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 05:23 PM
Full Spectrum

Quote:
Yep, I've got a bad shock and I couldn't get it swapped out in time for the race. Ohh and the "bunch of SV650's" is actually incorrect. There were 6 Ducati's in that pack, besides me, 2 of them were 749's, with better riders that got crummy starts. Damon also stepped up the pace a bit, he's been going quicker and quicker... it helps that he's got recently rebuild shock.
I should have clarified- your best lap in the race with the big bikes was :29.9, while you went faster in the middleweight race.
In Middleweight Twins (or whatever its called) you got second place...beating 5-6 SV650's.
In Heavyweight Twins you were either 4th or 5th, behind a few 1098's, an 1125, and an RC51.

Again, Spies has run in the :17's @ Willow. (possibly faster, though I can only verify the :17's)

So, I am having a difficult time understanding how you can even imagine that your experience gives you the insight into what a top level rider is doing.
I am certainly not qualified to do so, even though I was running in the :28's at Willow...in 1994...on an FZR1000. See what im saying?

Talking smack about other riders and their mechanics is really never a good idea.

Official Supplier to Yoshimura Suzuki, Team M4 Monster Energy Suzuki, Celtic Racing, Orient Express, KTM North America, and Patriot Racing.
post #316 of 366 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 05:58 PM
I'm Just Quackers

Quote:
I should have clarified- your best lap in the race with the big bikes was :29.9, while you went faster in the middleweight race.
In Middleweight Twins (or whatever its called) you got second place...beating 5-6 SV650's.
In Heavyweight Twins you were either 4th or 5th, behind a few 1098's, an 1125, and an RC51.
Hold on a sec... You're taking info from a weekend where my shock was so bad, it was almost unsafe to ride. I went out there for damage control only, just to "tour" around and get some points. Plus, Spies magical 1:17 isn't recorded anywhere on the Willow Springs web site or for that matter WSMC's web site. I'd love to get that link/reference to show my other WSMC friends.

The best place to compare times is Fontana, where I normally run 1:36's and have hit a few 1:35's during track days. Thats roughly 10 seconds off Spies race pace... not bad for a noob on a 749R. I wonder how many years it took you to do 1:28's up at Willow? It hasn't even been a year for me yet...

Quote:
Talking smack about other riders and their mechanics is really never a good idea.
So wait a sec, you can talk smack about me... But I can't talk smack about other guys who are higher up on the food chain? Makes perfect sense.

Last edited by tye1138; 05-19-2009 at 10:32 PM.
post #317 of 366 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 06:12 PM

WOW! Did I hear you say Eslick and "professional team" in the same breath? Have you ever SEEN his "team" at work? I could find better crew members at a local Speedy Oil Change.................

-Rocky-

(not to knock Danny, but he's on a cheater bike and he knows it.....)

ROCKYMT

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
post #318 of 366 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 06:16 PM
V4 CyclePath...

It ain't over yet... but it will be awhile before Honda signs Spies to ride a real V4...

Larry L
94 RC45 #2
90 RC30 #44 sold
Have a wheelie NICE day...
Lean & Mean it in every corner of your life...
If it wasn't for us the fast lane would rust...
V4'S are music to the seat of my pants...
1952 De Havilland Chipmunk...
Yank and bank your brains loose...

post #319 of 366 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 06:17 PM
I'm Just Quackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RDuc View Post
Your self proclaimed expertise in all these fields (scuba diving, BMW's, Paintballs, Macintosh's and now motorcycles) is just hilarious. Guess what big guy: No one believes you anymore. You're a lonely, narcissistic shithead who has to constantly put himself in the center of everything for attention to compensate for the lack of ass you get in life.
Isn't this exactly what Chuck said?

How about this; instead of sitting around drinking beers and watching people do what you wanna do on the TV, why don't you go do it! If you do everything you've always wanted to do, then you'd have a list of things you're good at, just like mine. Ohh, but you probably can't. You're probably tied down with a family, mortgage payments, college tuition payments, yea, yea I know the drill. I've seen all my friends go down that road and turn into bitter people just like you. I don't have any intentions on going down that road, I'm always learning something new and growing as a person.

You don't have to believe anything I say, but at least I said it and you can't blame me for trying.
post #320 of 366 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 06:25 PM
Full Spectrum

Quote:
Hold on a sec... You're taking info from a weekend where my shock was so bad, it was almost unsafe to ride. I went out there for damage control only, just to "tour" around and get some points. Plus, Spies magical 1:17 isn't recorded anywhere on the Willow Springs web site or for that matter WSMC's web site. I'd love to get that link/reference to show my other WSMC friends.

The best place to compare times is Fontana, where I normally run 1:26's and have hit a few 1:25's during track days. Thats roughly 10 seconds off Spies race pace... not bad for a noob on a 749R. I wonder how many years it took you to do 1:28's up at Willow? It hasn't even been a year for me yet...

So wait a sec, you can talk smack about me... But I can't talk smack about other guys who are higher up on the food chain? Makes perfect sense.
Im simply pointing out reality here Tye. Im not talking smack at all. In fact, no where did I say you were slow, or couldnt ride, or anything of the sort.

Talking smack is saying that a Factory Yamaha tech is incompetent, or that the rider screwed up. Houseboat was winning championships @ Willow in the mid-1980's and has forgotten more about setting up racebikes than you or I will ever learn.

(FWIW, in 1994 I took new riders school with Frank Aragaki, who at the time was F2 champ. I was into the :28's within a few months. I doubt I could go much faster now. It really isnt fast, as Curtis Adams and Chuck Graves were in the :23's on the Fastline and Valvoline bikes.)

Still, I knew then not to talk shit about guys that were going so much faster than me that it is almost a different sport.

As for the Willow lap times, you can call Don or Knobe for details of their times in testing. Hell, Jeremy has run in the :19's on his CBR in 2007- do you think that maybe the worlds best rider on the worlds best GSXR might be able to go faster? Maybe?

Regardless, I wish you the best in your racing efforts this year.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode