Dorna's first victim!! - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 11:36 PM Thread Starter

Dorna's first victim!!

From motorcyclenews.com

Austrian manufacturer KTM has confirmed it will withdraw from the 250GP world championship at the end of the 2008 campaign.

In a statement released on the eve of this weekend’s Malaysia GP in Sepang, KTM said it would focus its entire Grand Prix effort into the 125GP series.

The Red Bull KTM Team, under the technical leadership of constructor Harald Bartol, will be a newly formed factory squad. Next to the Spanish youngster Marc Marquez, American Cameron Beaubier, the successful protégé of the KTM MotoGP Academy, will be officially appointed to compete for the factory.

"We have decided for the GP 125cc class because contrary to the 250cc class, its existence is secured in the medium to long term", said Winfried Kerschhaggl, head of KTM Racing.

A major factor in KTM’s decision is believed to centre on its frustration with controversial plans to axe the two-stroke 250GP class from 2011 onwards. The series will instead run four-stroke 600cc machines with largely production engines.

KTM has run a 250 since 2005 while its best success has come in the 125 class with Finnish rider Mika Kallio twice a runner-up twice in 2006 and 2007.

Now if only Aprilia would do the same........screw Dorna!!

Seize today.............live richer tomorrow!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 11:44 PM

Keep the TWO SMOKERS alive!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedragr View Post

A major factor in KTM’s decision is believed to centre on its frustration with controversial plans to axe the two-stroke 250GP class from 2011 onwards. The series will instead run four-stroke 600cc machines with largely production engines.
I am so stoked......that means that my '05 R6 track bike is actually MotoGP material. Now, just have to lose about 20 pounds to keep up with those guys....find a sponsor, interview umbrella girls, pick a tire brand, interview umbrella girls, check out tractor-trailer rigs, interview umbrella girls, make sure my passport is valid, interview umbrella girls.....so much to do....just have to keep my priorities in order. Next week, I need to schedule the first tryout for umbrella girls.

Only one left not in captivity.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
...Next week, I need to schedule the first tryout for umbrella girls.

What's your 'criteria' during the selection process..........??

CRA/CCS #666

"Everything I have, I'd give it all up right now...........for just a little bit MORE!!"
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 01:38 PM
Infrequent Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedragr View Post

Fuc%ing HRC
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 01:58 PM
RC Slayer

It's not HRC it's PRC - Puig Racing Corp just ask Dani!

848RS, M1100S (soon)
GP SuperTwins Champion 2007 & 2008

Nothing is more satisfying than passing V4 Honda riders & Trolls!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
I am so stoked...........so much to do....just have to keep my priorities in order. Next week, I need to schedule my first tryout to be an umbrella girl.
Good luck! Just wear something sexy and don't forget to shave your legs and back hair.....

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 10:01 PM

KTM REpsol and Telephonica split

The KTM and Repsol/Telephonica split for the next Dakar might have something to do with it. Was KTM supported by either in 125/250 GP?

Major Dakar Bombshell!!!! - ADVrider

2006 BMW HP2
2015 Triumph Rocket III Roadster

Sour grapes are a lesser man's fruit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Little Shop
The [fact] that the RC45 was a "relative failure" is what matters most...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode