2017 gsx-r1000 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

2017 gsx-r1000

Posted on Motorcycle-USA

No specs yet.

Discuss......

SECTION8 FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 09:24 PM

Looks to good to ride with a wife beater and flips flops
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 12:27 AM

Changes must be under the dress

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjjablo View Post
Looks to good to ride with a wife beater and flips flops
It will probably be good, but a little visual update would've been nice. Ditto above...

So who'd ever thought Honda would be last to the party... Weird times.

Know God, Know Peace
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kevin/34: I pull that chin strap tight - "We're on a racetrack. We're out here riding motorcycles. You put your helmet on, you pull that chin strap tight, there should be nothing but a smile on your face. Because what the hell else would you rather be doing?"

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 12:54 AM Thread Starter

At this point, my feeling is that Horsepower talks. We're way past the point of usable power. So in order to woo me you're gonna have to be 190+ horsepower to the wheel.

The only 2 bikes to do that are the S1000RR and the Ninja H2.

The R1, as great of a package it is, is a total dud in the horsepower department. That bike should've been good for a genuine 175hp to the wheel. They dropped the ball in my opinion as far as peak figures go.

Honda, well let's face it, they haven't been relevant since the 954RR and the RC51.

Suzuki has been playing catch-up since 2008. The '06/07 was their last great 1000.

Kawasaki is in the ballpark not taking into consideration the watered down US models due to emissions requirements. I find the bike a bit common place now. It's like the modern day GSX-R1000 from 03-06.

That leaves the Italians. MV Agusta can't seem to find a good map for their bikes. Abrupt and peaky power delivery ruin an excellent package.

Ducati's 1299 has no power on the bottom end. Defeats the purpose of going V-Twin. They are trying to outgun the Japanese with a V-Twin. Tall order and not likely to succeed. They need to go V4 for goodness sakes. Pull your heads out guys.

The Aprilia is a potent package but it just lacks that wow factor of the Ducati and BMW. It's a rider's bike. For $20 grand though it needs some more character. It's dare I say, boring compared to the others.

The more I think about it, I respect ICEMAN's purchase of the S1000RR more and more. Good call bro.

post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 12:32 PM

A lot of good stuff coming on this model. I predict it'll be a home run for them. I like the fact they stuck with the typically what we are used to seeing gsxr looks. It's really different though under the skin. Whole new engine and chassis. Just wish I could afford one of these $20k bikes to race

#826 WERA Expert
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo329 View Post
The more I think about it, I respect ICEMAN's purchase of the S1000RR more and more. Good call bro.
Thanks... I have no complaints whatsoever... bike absolutely hauls a$$!

With regards to the Suzuki, it is a shame they didn't change the looks up... why would you spend $15-$18K on a new bike that will be hard to distinguish from a $4K older generation gixxer. Not very smart marketing.... even BMW switched the funky eye from left to right to make sure there was no confusing the new model with the older ones.

I bet it will still be a good bike for Gixxer fans.

2013 BMW S1000RR
2011 Honda CRF450R (Supermoto)
2005 Yamaha Midnight Warrior
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 11:13 PM
Street and Track Moderator

I like that GSX-R, and I am sure it will be a competitive package... BTW Nate, the R1 is not a dud, a re-flash and cat delete are good for 180 bhp at the wheel... The new R1 is at the top of the heap right now for a competitive track machine.

CCS #33
CRA #533
CQC Motorsports
2011 CCS Midwest Rookies Cup GTO #1
2014 CRA Formula 40 #2
2015 CRA Nov Unlimited SS #1
2015 CRA Nov Unlimited Superbike #1
2015 CRA Nov Unlimited GP #1

2008 CBR 1000rr (Race)
2012 Multistrada 1200 (Street Ride)
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-22-2015, 03:26 AM Thread Starter

post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-23-2015, 08:39 PM
He with the senior member

The bottom vid shows a perfect rear on the Suzuki......

Old Baldy
Triumph Tiger 955i with decent suspension.
Ducati 996 with hot 999 motor
Kawasaki KLR650

post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-23-2015, 09:29 PM
Gold Sponsor

BMW is nice!

I think the new Honda will be worth waiting for and i don't mind the R1 really but none of them look appealing yet too me

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

Suzuki is making some bold claims on their website.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and make a bold prediction that the Suzuki will outgun the BMW in the HP department.

Suzuki really took their time with this one and has been racing Moto GP with a lot of development being done.

I expect good things.

post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 03:45 AM
calculating status...

Quote:
At this point, my feeling is that Horsepower talks. We're way past the point of usable power. So in order to woo me you're gonna have to be 190+ horsepower to the wheel.

The R1, as great of a package it is, is a total dud in the horsepower department. That bike should've been good for a genuine 175hp to the wheel. They dropped the ball in my opinion as far as peak figures go.

Honda, well let's face it, they haven't been relevant since the 954RR and the RC51.

Suzuki has been playing catch-up since 2008. The '06/07 was their last great 1000.

Kawasaki is in the ballpark not taking into consideration the watered down US models due to emissions requirements. I find the bike a bit common place now. It's like the modern day GSX-R1000 from 03-06.

That leaves the Italians. MV Agusta can't seem to find a good map for their bikes. Abrupt and peaky power delivery ruin an excellent package.

Ducati's 1299 has no power on the bottom end. Defeats the purpose of going V-Twin. They are trying to outgun the Japanese with a V-Twin. Tall order and not likely to succeed. They need to go V4 for goodness sakes. Pull your heads out guys.

The Aprilia is a potent package but it just lacks that wow factor of the Ducati and BMW. It's a rider's bike. For $20 grand though it needs some more character. It's dare I say, boring compared to the others.

Wow, where to start?

You are one jaded mutherfukr. I don't know who you are or what national or international level you used to race at but it sounds like you could make Troy Bayliss blush.

post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RxRC View Post
Wow, where to start?

You are one jaded mutherfukr. I don't know who you are or what national or international level you used to race at but it sounds like you could make Troy Bayliss blush.
Hahaaaaaaaa

You know my posts are always polarizing.

I started my post by saying that we are way past usable power. You must've missed that part.

post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 01:06 PM
And Stateside again...

Quote:

The R1, as great of a package it is, is a total dud in the horsepower department. That bike should've been good for a genuine 175hp to the wheel. They dropped the ball in my opinion as far as peak figures go. They can make 190 with full system air filter and tuning. and their chassis is way better when it comes to handling than either of the ones you mentioned and a fair bit cheaper.

Honda, well let's face it, they haven't been relevant since the 954RR and the RC51.the 08 1000rr is still a dominating package in a lot of race series.

Suzuki has been playing catch-up since 2008. The '06/07 was their last great 1000.05/06 were the great years. 07/08 were the same bike. then 09 they came out with the L-series chassis.

Kawasaki is in the ballpark not taking into consideration the watered down US models due to emissions requirements. I find the bike a bit common place now. It's like the modern day GSX-R1000 from 03-06.No racer compares stock to stock. comparisons should all be done with 3/4 system and tuning to remove EPA shit

That leaves the Italians. MV Agusta can't seem to find a good map for their bikes. Abrupt and peaky power delivery ruin an excellent package.Again easily fixed with tuning. and you can't blame the manufacturer for having to follow US emissions bullshit.

Ducati's 1299 has no power on the bottom end. Defeats the purpose of going V-Twin. They are trying to outgun the Japanese with a V-Twin. Tall order and not likely to succeed. They need to go V4 for goodness sakes. Pull your heads out guys. I haven't ridden a 1299 but the 1199r that I rode was killer. the lack of low end didn't bother me and made it very easy to ride.

The Aprilia is a potent package but it just lacks that wow factor of the Ducati and BMW. It's a rider's bike. For $20 grand though it needs some more character. It's dare I say, boring compared to the others. How is the only V-4 readily available boring?

The more I think about it, I respect ICEMAN's purchase of the S1000RR more and more. They are a great street bike. I mean hell they come with heated grips from the factory like any touring bike should. Good call bro.
Nate i corrected your views a little.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLRSKUNK View Post
Nate i corrected your views a little.
1 - I love you bro but I gotta call BS on the 190hp figure for the R1. Guys around these parts are only seeing a genuine 175HP with a flash and tune. I'd love to read about it making 190hp. Can you post a link?

2 - The Honda is definitely a good package despite being down on power. I honestly didn't know that they were still competitive. I haven't been following the local club racing for the past couple of seasons. I'll have to check the WERA/CCS results. Last time I looked it was a bunch of Kawasakis and S1000RRs.

3 - You don't understand, the MV Agusta mapping is terrible and the newer models have a very peaky powerband. Nothing, nothing, then BAM! In your face!

4 - Good point about the lack of low end on the Panigales. I could see that translating to an easier bike to ride allowing for earlier throttle application. You sir, can ride!

5 - I didn't say the Aprilia is boring. If I did, then I retract that statement. I basically don't get on with the styling. If Ducati had that motor I would've bought one by now.

post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 02:41 PM
And Stateside again...

As soon as I find the thread back i will post a link. I can't remember where I was reading it. 180 is definitely easy and the common number from what I have seen.

Honda's are still super prevalent in the CRA series up here.

I find it disappointing that the MV is that bad.

If I had a larger track budget i'd really consider a Panigale 1199r but repair costs post crash would wipe me out. haha

I personally like the styling of the Ape. just don't want the repair costs of an Italian bike I know I'm going to abuse.
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 05:54 PM
Currently: Moderating

Just another Gixxer! Yawn..............
BALLZ likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrn View Post
why don'y you do yourself a favor and put me on ignore

post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-26-2015, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Hahaaaaaaaa

You know my posts are always polarizing.

I started my post by saying that we are way past usable power. You must've missed that part.
Nate,

You say your posts are "polarzing." More like perplexing, kooky or confusing (or confused). With all due respect, you post so much contradictory foam, your thoughts are all over the place and sometimes they're just plain nuts!! (or bananas!!) . "Max Power" usable or not, seeeeems to be the only fairly consistent, unifying theme but you solicit opinions and thoughts based on criteria that often don't make any real sense and your ideas and wants are frequently as fickle and rootlessly windblown as a young school child's flights of fantasy. The R1 is really AMAZING. The Panigale, AMAZING. The BMW AMAZING. The latest APE referenced above is AMAZING (and if seeing, hearing and riding the hellacious and unique V4 is somehow "boring" to you, perhaps you've been bitten by a zombie recently and are dead from the neck up ! What's next? You become 99% sure you've chosen the perfect bike only to change your mind because you don't like the typeface on the manufacturers lettering? You crack me up, Turbo!!

post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-26-2015, 01:21 PM

All 2015 R1/R1Ms are on recall with 2nd to 3rd gear issues. Does not sound too good. It's not a cassette type like the ZX10 which also has a 3rd gear issue unresolved and not on a recall from Kawasaki.

Good luck with the MMI grad splitting the cases on your new $20k R1.

#826 WERA Expert
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-26-2015, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsess View Post
Nate,

You say your posts are "polarzing." More like perplexing, kooky or confusing (or confused). With all due respect, you post so much contradictory foam, your thoughts are all over the place and sometimes they're just plain nuts!! (or bananas!!) . "Max Power" usable or not, seeeeems to be the only fairly consistent, unifying theme but you solicit opinions and thoughts based on criteria that often don't make any real sense and your ideas and wants are frequently as fickle and rootlessly windblown as a young school child's flights of fantasy. The R1 is really AMAZING. The Panigale, AMAZING. The BMW AMAZING. The latest APE referenced above is AMAZING (and if seeing, hearing and riding the hellacious and unique V4 is somehow "boring" to you, perhaps you've been bitten by a zombie recently and are dead from the neck up ! What's next? You become 99% sure you've chosen the perfect bike only to change your mind because you don't like the typeface on the manufacturers lettering? You crack me up, Turbo!!
All this Jibber Jabber coming from a guy that thinks Lorenzo won fair and square. hahahahahahhahaha

All kidding aside, I have been posting contradictory posts as of late. I'm having a hard time making up mind as you can probably see. This morning I woke up again wanting the H2 but here it is later on in the morning and I feel like I should just hold onto my cash.

I'm a hot mess right now. lol

Oh and your "typeface" comment was hilarious. Spend upwards of $20,000 on a bike and you better love every detail. That's just my opinion though.

Just to reiterate, the Aprilia is a superb machine. I just don't like it's styling. ....and that's enough for me not to buy it. To each his own as they say. I think it's FUGLY! ....and I'm 197lbs on an empty stomach so the bike is too diminutive for my taste.

It's very likely that I may end up getting the H2 but if not, I'm perfectly content with riding my F4 on the track in 2016 and just spend a few dollars on some go-fast goodies for it. It dyno'ed at 146hp with the stock exhaust and a custom PCIII map. That's more HP than I can realistically use. No need for Traction Control with that HP figure. lol

Kawasaki's got plans to put that Supercharger on other machines. They unveiled a 600cc supercharged bike at the Tokyo motor show recently. This is only the beginning. I think the Smart Money waits. Look at the Desmosedici. That was $75K large, and barely cracked 170hp. It's still nice, but the performance has been trounced soundly. I think the same will happen with the H2. Maybe not the H2R, but definitely the H2 within the next 3 years. If the liter bike class all start putting 200hp to the wheel that will render the H2 obsolete. Then all you have is an overweight 1000cc bike with an expensive paint job. Kawasaki dropped the ball by not giving that bike at least 250HP out of the crate.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode