Valencia: the race, the championship - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 141 (permalink) Old 10-28-2015, 04:09 AM Thread Starter

Valencia: the race, the championship

Place your bets.

In order to help in deciding the championship:

MotoGP: Will Valentino Rossi or Jorge Lorenzo Win the 2015 Championship in Valencia? | Sport Rider

Standings

POSITION RIDER TEAM POINTS
1 Valentino Rossi Yamaha 312
2 Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 305
3 Marc Marquez Honda 222
4 Dani Pedrosa Honda 190
5 Andrea Iannone Ducati 188
6 Bradley Smith Yamaha 171
7 Andrea Dovizioso Ducati 153
8 Cal Crutchlow Honda 118
9 Danilo Petrucci Ducati 107
10 Pol Espargaro Yamaha 103
11 Aleix Espargaro Suzuki 97
12 Maverick Vinales Suzuki 92
13 Scott Redding Honda 83
14 Yonny Hernandez Ducati 53
15 Hector Barbera Ducati 33
16 Alvaro Bautista Aprilla 29
17 Loris Baz Yamaha Forward 28
18 Stefan Bradl Yamaha Forward 17
19 Jack Miller Honda 17
20 Nicky Hayden Honda 16
21 Eugene Laverty Honda 9
22 Michele Pirro Ducati 8
23 Mike di Meglio Ducati 8
24 Katsuyuki Nagasuga Yamaha 8
25 Hiroshi Aoyama Honda 5
26 Takumi Takahashi Honda 4
27 Toni Elias Forward Yamaha 2
28 Alex de Angelis

Race: Dani, MM, JLo

Championship:

Rossi finishing 6th is what I think is needed. The grid is thin in terms of real competition below 16th on the list above esp. for a rossi of this form and a bike this good. Still below 16th they can slow him down or push him wide. I'll have to watch a replay to see how far off the front the tail enders are by turn 3.

No real friends above 16th, one Yamaha ... that will teach them not to support more satellite rides ala Honda and Ducati.

2006 BMW HP2
2015 Triumph Rocket III Roadster

Sour grapes are a lesser man's fruit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Little Shop
The [fact] that the RC45 was a "relative failure" is what matters most...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 141 (permalink) Old 10-28-2015, 01:50 PM

The Final Countdown

Pedrosa
MM
J-Lo

Rossi in 8th

Only hope for Rossi is if MM or Crutchlow skittles him in the first corner.
post #3 of 141 (permalink) Old 10-28-2015, 02:11 PM

Jorge...

...dawg

post #4 of 141 (permalink) Old 10-28-2015, 05:07 PM

Rossi unsure if he will race in Valencia MotoGP decider

His true colors coming out

Fast bike slow rider
post #5 of 141 (permalink) Old 10-28-2015, 06:52 PM

I hope he falls off... lol

...dawg
post #6 of 141 (permalink) Old 10-28-2015, 06:57 PM

To please the fans and help with their credibility, Rossi should forfiet his 7 point lead. He and Lorenzo should both start in the back in a winner take all race. Whoever finishes higher wins it all.
Waldo likes this.
post #7 of 141 (permalink) Old 10-28-2015, 09:44 PM
He with the senior member

1. The Bot
2. Marquez
3. Lolly
4. Iannone
5. Dovi
6. Rossi

Marquez/Lorenzo wins the championship.

Unless....it rains!!!!

Old Baldy
Triumph Tiger 955i with decent suspension.
Ducati 996 with hot 999 motor
Kawasaki KLR650

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 141 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 12:56 AM Thread Starter

Why did rossi do that...

First it was handbags @ dawn, now it's I'm taking my ball and going home.

He's just tossing lob balls at the trolls and for once he leaves those of us who just want a good race lacking a fair retort.

Of course he will race. Contractually even he cannot walk. If he does I'm pretty sure it will be additional points and possibly a disqualification which would trickle into next season's opener. Also, imagine the legacy of a racer walking away from a title fight. He's already added another blemish to his legacy, why make it worse.

I'd love to think this was some sort of strategy but no; he's too egotistical and JLo is too imune and rossi knows it.

In the end he robbed us of a fine finish. And no I don't blame MM in the slightest.
Waldo likes this.

2006 BMW HP2

Quote:

post #9 of 141 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 01:14 AM Thread Starter

And so it begins...

Name:  Rossi_zpslhedk12n.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  110.7 KB

2006 BMW HP2

Quote:

post #10 of 141 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqd8r View Post
Why did rossi do that...

In the end he robbed us of a fine finish. And no I don't blame MM in the slightest.
Amazing thought process.

And yes, of course Rossi will race.

And yes, while Rossi lost his cool, he did not cause MM to crash. MM did that all by himself. I blame MM for much of Sunday...just as so many racers have done, and RD, and Jarvis, and hundreds of thousands of MGP fans.

Old Baldy
Kawasaki KLR650

post #11 of 141 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 05:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Baldy View Post
Amazing thought process.

And yes, of course Rossi will race.

And yes, while Rossi lost his cool, he did not cause MM to crash. MM did that all by himself. I blame MM for much of Sunday...just as so many racers have done, and RD, and Jarvis, and hundreds of thousands of MGP fans.

rossi brought that nightmare situation upon himself. When I say MM isn't to blame, that's what I mean. evidence re his riding is debatable as to whether he was racing or blocking. laptimes, RD, yamaha and J Ryder support the argument that he was not toying with rossi. what did rossi expect when he called into question his character.

No evidence supports his PI claims. RD laid some blame on MM to justify their lesser than adequate penalty. Jarvis made the noises to appease rossi but even he said he was surprised rossi brought those accusations forward. If yamaha felt there really was an issue why no filed complaint? if RD felt MM was at fault at either track why no penalty esp.for someone not racing for the title

fan opinions are null and void if the principals don't seem to have a problem with the situation enough to file a formal protest at PI or Sepang

Racer opinions... Well i will trust ex-racers over current who have to skirt the political minefield knowing rossi is MGP. ex racer sentiment is split on the matter, and again still less relevant as yamaha didn't file complaints.

2006 BMW HP2

Quote:

post #12 of 141 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 08:01 AM

post #13 of 141 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Soup :: Burgess: Not The Valentino Rossi I know :: 10-27-2015

"Burgess theorized that Rossi's behavior at Sepang was probably due to the stress of the 2015 season and other factors. "Long season leading the championship, 36 years old, (the) pressure is getting to him a little. Shows the older we get doesn't make us smarter," Burgess stated."

Worth a listen is the Soupkast with J Ryder where they break this whole thing down, including a funny bit on this verging on paranoia over MM having posters of rossi - "was he really my fan"

Good points re the backrow start.

I cannot fathom this ever happening if Burgess was still around. Having someone who won't tacitly say yes to you, and who has a good relationship with you and who you really respect, would stop these things from boiling over and we'd have the season we wanted.
RAZR51 likes this.

2006 BMW HP2

Quote:

post #14 of 141 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 04:33 PM

MM crashes into boyfriend JLo in the back as they take their night time activities to the track.

Rossi finishes 8th and wins the championship!

2013 BMW S1000RR
2011 Honda CRF450R (Supermoto)
2005 Yamaha Midnight Warrior
post #15 of 141 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 08:54 PM
Panigaliscious

If you look at Valencia, Dani has won more races there than anyone. Marquez won last year. Honda has more wins than anyone.

Therefore I think it is a Honda 1-2. Whether that is Dani in front of Marquez or Marquez beating Dani, who knows. If I had to guess, Dani in front of Marquez.

Now, this puts JLo in an almost certain third place. Rossi needs sixth to clinch the championship. IMO this is entirely possible starting from the back of the grid.

But IF one of the Honda falters or Lorenzo makes it into second place ahead of one of them...Rossi needs a thrid place to secure the championship. Much tougher order I think.

I will make one prediciton: one of the aliens will not finish. Either Lorenzo will have a mechanical or Rossi will crash in a desperate attempt to get to the front, maybe Marquez takes another trip into the gravel or Dani crashes during a hard pass from Marquez or Lorenzo. It might be ugly.

What I worry will happen is Dani is in the lead, Marquez "falters" and that lets Lorenzo by, Rossi makes a valiant effort to move through the field and gets to fourth and has to battle Marquez. Conspiracy theorists will always wonder if JLo and MM had an agreement

1985 Honda VF1000R, 1990 Ducati 851, 2008 YZ450F
post #16 of 141 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sburns2421 View Post
If you look at Valencia, Dani has won more races there than anyone. Marquez won last year. Honda has more wins than anyone.

Therefore I think it is a Honda 1-2. Whether that is Dani in front of Marquez or Marquez beating Dani, who knows. If I had to guess, Dani in front of Marquez.

Now, this puts JLo in an almost certain third place. Rossi needs sixth to clinch the championship. IMO this is entirely possible starting from the back of the grid.

But IF one of the Honda falters or Lorenzo makes it into second place ahead of one of them...Rossi needs a thrid place to secure the championship. Much tougher order I think.

I will make one prediciton: one of the aliens will not finish. Either Lorenzo will have a mechanical or Rossi will crash in a desperate attempt to get to the front, maybe Marquez takes another trip into the gravel or Dani crashes during a hard pass from Marquez or Lorenzo. It might be ugly.

What I worry will happen is Dani is in the lead, Marquez "falters" and that lets Lorenzo by, Rossi makes a valiant effort to move through the field and gets to fourth and has to battle Marquez. Conspiracy theorists will always wonder if JLo and MM had an agreement
Agree completely. I think you'd have to be a rossi not racing lover to believe MM and JLo would have an agreement. It's ludicrous. If it was the case MM wouldn't have won PI. No one thought conspiracy or ''saw'' it until rossi brought it up. Really does a disservice to JLo who has simply done his job.

Now if MM wins the race or at least beats JLo I doubt rossi will hold this phantom grudge he has but instead make a comment like 'he did the right thing finally' still casting a bit of doubt on the situation. He cannot give up on the claims he has made to date. He'd look a right ass if he did.

2006 BMW HP2

Quote:

post #17 of 141 (permalink) Old 10-30-2015, 02:03 AM Thread Starter

Soup :: FIM President Writes Open Letter Regarding Rossi & Marquez Clash :: 10-29-2015

2006 BMW HP2

Quote:

post #18 of 141 (permalink) Old 10-30-2015, 03:00 AM
Panigaliscious

I'll take Damage Control for $800, Alex.

1985 Honda VF1000R, 1990 Ducati 851, 2008 YZ450F
post #19 of 141 (permalink) Old 10-30-2015, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqd8r View Post
Agree completely. I think you'd have to be a rossi not racing lover to believe MM and JLo would have an agreement. It's ludicrous. If it was the case MM wouldn't have won PI. No one thought conspiracy or ''saw'' it until rossi brought it up. Really does a disservice to JLo who has simply done his job.

Now if MM wins the race or at least beats JLo I doubt rossi will hold this phantom grudge he has but instead make a comment like 'he did the right thing finally' still casting a bit of doubt on the situation. He cannot give up on the claims he has made to date. He'd look a right ass if he did.
1. I don't believe MM and JL have an agreement.

2. Both of them CLEARLY would prefer to not have Rossi win the Championship.

3. JL because he wants to win it.

4. MM because he feels Rossi caused him to crash multiple times this season and LOSE any chance he has of the championship. His own manager says this is the case.

5. JL SHOULD have only "done his job" - unfortunately, he did NOT. He broke into the RD meeting that had nothing to do with him to complain about Rossi and demand that RD punish Rossi, when the events on the track had NOTHING to do with him. He acted like a little prick.

6. It was quite CLEAR to EVERYONE with a brain what MM was doing in this last race.

7. It was not as clear in Australia until Rossi brought it up. And, Iannone AGREED with Rossi that MM was purposely slowing them down.

8. MM let JL go by in this last race like a back marker lets a lapping rider through, without even a HINT of a challenge. THAT was as CLEAR as daylight to anyone with a brain.

9. Yes, Rossi pushed MM wide. He had the racing line. He was in front. According to the rules, he has choice of line as long as he is not riding dangerously. There was ZERO danger in his line. MM drove straight back into him, as was bound to happen with the way the little prick was riding.

10. One can only assume that RD did not punish MM again, because he fell off and received no points anyway. I firmly believe the little twat should be taught a lesson and should have collect much more sanction than simply losing points because he crashed into Rossi and fell. He has ridden like this, crashed into and tried to dominate other racers repeatedly throughout his career.

Marc (sic!) my words...he is going to end up badly hurting himself or someone else if he continues to ride like a moron. RD should take the necessary action.

I predict that Bot will win the next race and MM will again let JL through if Rossi is in 6th or better position. Watch for it....

Old Baldy
Kawasaki KLR650

post #20 of 141 (permalink) Old 10-30-2015, 03:34 AM

I just watch after the flag. They talked about Rossi screwing with MM during one of the practice sessions. Does anyone know which session that was?

Fast bike slow rider
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode