Valencia: the race, the championship - Page 3 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015, 12:21 AM

I can see it now

Dani and mark go right away, nobody can chase, dani 1, mark 2, Lorenzo in a lonely 3rd after an uneventful race

team mates dovi and iannone have a good race, plenty of exchanges, finish 4th and 5th respectively

Cal is riding well, has won the battle with Bradley and pol and has made some space for himself.

Rossi is charging hard, 3 laps to go he gets through Pol

2 laps to go he gets through Bradley

he closes the gap and in the last lap he manages to catch up to Cal. with only a couple of corners remaining, he attempts to drive up the inside, making hard contact with cal as he blows the corner right into him, punting him off track and ending his race, Rossi carries on as though nothing has happened, he does a huge victory wheelie and is given the championship and no penalty is handed to him

because he's Rossi, and that's what happens
Waldo likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015, 01:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbly View Post
I can see it now

Dani and mark go right away, nobody can chase, dani 1, mark 2, Lorenzo in a lonely 3rd after an uneventful race

team mates dovi and iannone have a good race, plenty of exchanges, finish 4th and 5th respectively

Cal is riding well, has won the battle with Bradley and pol and has made some space for himself.

he closes the gap and in the last lap he manages to catch up to Cal. with only a couple of corners remaining, he attempts to drive up the inside, making hard contact with cal as he blows the corner right into him, punting him off track and ending his race, Rossi carries on as though nothing has happened, he does a huge victory wheelie and is given the championship and no penalty is handed to him

Yeah. I can see this definitely.

2006 BMW HP2
2015 Triumph Rocket III Roadster

Sour grapes are a lesser man's fruit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Little Shop
The [fact] that the RC45 was a "relative failure" is what matters most...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #43 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-06-2015, 01:05 PM

With Rossi confirmed to start last his only hope is for the Honda's to be 1 and 2 with JLo no higher than 3rd. He would need to get to 6th to clinch the 10th championship.

So I see it playing out as this.... Lorenzo leading the first lap and MM passing him on lap 2 with Dani in 3rd.... Rossi is up to 15th by end of lap 3 and is getting his lap times up there....MM slows the pace a little to let JLo catch up just in case he needs to win... The only honest rider Dani goes straight by the other 2 and takes off for the lead... MM is in 2 minds whether to chase after Pedrosa or to hang out with his buddy Jlo, just in case he needs help...and decides on the latter.... By lap 10 Rossi is up to 9th and Pedrosa is long gone.. MM 2nd and Jlo 1 second behind in 3rd.

3 laps to go and Rossi is in 8th in a do or die situation... if everything stays the same up front he needs to pass the Espargoro brothers to take 6th and the championship....

1 lap to go and Rossi makes some aggressive passes to get up to 6th and the crowd is going wild... meanwhile in the front Lorenzo is trying his best to catch MM.... WAIT WHAT JUST HAPPENED? MM has crashed out again... loses the front and Lorenzo crosses the line in 2nd, and your NEW 2015 champ!!

2013 BMW S1000RR
2011 Honda CRF450R (Supermoto)
2005 Yamaha Midnight Warrior

post #44 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-06-2015, 05:44 PM

Team Orders

Honda team race instructions: "Nakamoto just told us to finish first and second"

Cal says he won't be letting anyone through - "it's totally out of order to ask us - it's disrespectful"
post #45 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-06-2015, 10:45 PM

maybe Rossi will choke, and fall off, like he did when he was trying to win it from Nicky...

...dawg
post #46 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-07-2015, 12:06 AM

To quote the recently departed Yogi Berra: "It ain't over til it's over!"
I can definitely see Rossi making up 10 positions on his first lap, another 5 or 6 spots over the next 3-5 laps which would leave him in 8th or 9th position with 25-27 laps to go and plenty of time for him to fight his way up to as high as a podium finish, particularly if he has the same great race pace he had last year. Other than Jorge, Pedrosa and Marquez of course, I think the most influential factors will be the 30 lap race pace of Iannone, Dovi, and Crutchlow. I don't think the Espargaro brothers will be a factor at all. Rain or the race being red flagged could also be a big game changer. While Dani has done well at Valencia in the past, he's not gotten off to a great start and I have a gut feeling he's due for sub par performance this weekend. Crazy Joe, could definitely be a big factor if he gets his set up squared away because last year, he led the race for quite a while until it started to rain and whatever steps he and his team or didn't take, took him out of contention.

In the end, I think the final race at Valencia and the battle for the world championship is going to be extremely close either way. I would not count Rossi out by any means whatsoever and still believe he has a much better chance of winning the title than most people are giving him. And if he does win the crown, it will definitely go down in history as one of the all time greatest championships if not the greatest. Certainly the most dramatic.
capecodrvt likes this.

Last edited by bsess; 11-07-2015 at 02:59 AM.
post #47 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-08-2015, 12:21 AM Thread Starter

I'm assuming rossi wins the title, the list of riders to pass and the lack of depth in this field, having been a detriment all this yrs will be a blessing this weekend.

I'm hoping JLo wins the race, no crashes and goes into next season knowing he did his all.

I'm hoping none of those few rabid idiots in the stands gets a chance to make an impact on the race by running on track or something else.

I've got an uneasy feeling about this one and I'm hoping everyone comes home safe, with handbags put aside.

2006 BMW HP2

Quote:

post #48 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-08-2015, 12:32 PM

Does anyone else's MotoGP stream keep crapping out?!

Sucks man!

SECTION8 FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post #49 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-08-2015, 01:20 PM
He with the senior member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo329 View Post
Does anyone else's MotoGP stream keep crapping out?!

Sucks man!
Yes, painful feed issues, right at the start too.

Great, solid, race by Jorge.
Fantastic run by Rossi, coming 4th - ahead of the predictions of the anti-Rossi brigade of 3 people here.

Great challenge at the end by Pedrosa, thwarted by Marc. Absolutely no surprise there. Not one single challenge on JL by MM - first final race in history where someone so close did not even try to make a pass, to out brake as he so often attempts? Very weird stuff, eh...? The look on Nakamoto's face when he stared at MM in the paddock after the race says it all......he was NOT happy. Marc got what he wanted, and managed the race to perfection. Good for him...clever little runt.

Look, Lorenzo is a deserving champion. He is faster than Rossi in lap times, on any given day, when riding alone. He may not have the killer instinct or pull the impossible passes as Rossi can, but he is the world's fastest racer. I called it early in the season.

Watch Rossi next year...he's not done. It's why he's the GOAT.

Last edited by Old Baldy; 11-08-2015 at 02:14 PM.
post #50 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-08-2015, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckdawg View Post
maybe Rossi will choke, and fall off, like he did when he was trying to win it from Nicky...
Right again, dawg?....your predictions are so consistent.

Old Baldy
Triumph Tiger 955i with decent suspension.
Ducati 996 with hot 999 motor
Kawasaki KLR650

post #51 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-08-2015, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjjablo View Post
Honda team race instructions: "Nakamoto just told us to finish first and second"
Did you see Nakamoto looking at MM in the paddock? He looked very, very, pissed.

Old Baldy
Kawasaki KLR650

post #52 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-08-2015, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbly View Post
I can see it now

Right. You got it exactly right....again.

Old Baldy
Kawasaki KLR650

post #53 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-08-2015, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Baldy View Post
Yes, painful feed issues, right at the start too.

Great, solid, race by Jorge.
Fantastic run by Rossi, coming 4th - ahead of the predictions of the anti-Rossi brigade of 3 people here.

Great challenge at the end by Pedrosa, thwarted by Marc. Absolutely no surprise there. Not one single challenge on JL by MM - first final race in history where someone so close did not even try to make a pass, to out brake as he so often attempts? Very weird stuff, eh...? The look on Nakamoto's face when he stared at MM in the paddock after the race says it all......he was NOT happy. Marc got what he wanted, and managed the race to perfection. Good for him...clever little runt.

Look, Lorenzo is a deserving champion. He is faster than Rossi in lap times, on any given day, when riding alone. He may not have the killer instinct or pull the impossible passes as Rossi can, but he is the world's fastest racer. I called it early in the season.

Watch Rossi next year...he's not done. It's why he's the GOAT.
Nakamoto never looks happy when his riders aren't winning. I'm not sure I can't think of a team manager who does...

Paul Denning posted on Twitter what I thought was the best post so far today on the race and the VR fanbase.

Quote:
Forgetting the rabid fan adulation & weirdo conspiracy theorists for a bit - the most consistently fast rider of 2015 is the World Champion.
Lorenzo deservedly won, rossi lost. Period.

MM didn't help Lorenzo (again look at the lap times). Lorenzo made the gap, not MM, when he could when Dani passed MM. Lorenzo won the race, MM didn't lose the race so Lorenzo could win the title.

And are we forgetting that Lorenzo is actually not an easy guy to pass and has near metronomic consistency when he is in the zone, and he has been in that zone all weekend, all by himself, breaking the qualifying record. Now throw the title on the table and an all-or-nothing crush-your-enemies approach to the weekend and did you really expect anyone to pass him. With the title on the line.

Next yr with a re-engineered Honda and a healthy Dani and now a newy-minted enemy on the grid in MM the challenge is higher and the title hopes farther for rossi. rossi knew this was the best chance he had and imo he did the best he could and put up one hell of a show minus the self-induced craziness of the last two race weekends.

Actually I like this tweet even more

Quote:
Carmine Moscaritolo ‏@CarmMoscaritolo 3h3 hours ago
@KeithHuewen @btsport @BSMotoGP oh & to all of you filling up my timeline with conspiracy theory bullshit go give yourselves an uppercut!

2006 BMW HP2

Quote:

Last edited by sqd8r; 11-08-2015 at 05:07 PM. Reason: added Carmine Moscaritolo tweet
post #54 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-08-2015, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

This makes me sad, not the way to go out. Not the way at all.

MotoGP News - MotoGP Valencia: Rossi blasts Marquez after title defeat

2006 BMW HP2

Quote:

post #55 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-08-2015, 09:17 PM

face it, he's cracked...

...dawg
post #56 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-08-2015, 10:05 PM

Lorenzo fastest. Rossi bravest

1. Lorenzo earned his title.

2. Rossi is still the GOAT

3. Marquez is a liar

4. Pedrosa has the most class of all the Spainards

5. The anti-Rossi hate brigade here are blind or lying if they don't acknowledge Marquez's pathetic display today. Conspiracy theories aside, Honda should be embarrassed with his actions. I know in the 25 years I've been watching motorcycle racing, I've never witness such a thing until today.

6. We (the fans) suffered the most today as well the last few weeks. To whom to assign the blame is debatable, but in my opinion (the only one that matters to me) it clearly falls onto a spoiled little Spainard that rides the 93 Honda.
Methinks Marquez isn't fully aware of the repercussions of what he has done. I believe the gravity will set in with time.

Agree or disagree....I don't care about the haters.
capecodrvt likes this.

Dance monkey...entertain me...it's why I paid you.
post #57 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-08-2015, 10:17 PM
Currently: Moderating

Who won?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrn View Post
why don'y you do yourself a favor and put me on ignore

post #58 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-08-2015, 10:18 PM
Currently: Moderating

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqd8r View Post
This makes me sad, not the way to go out. Not the way at all.

MotoGP News - MotoGP Valencia: Rossi blasts Marquez after title defeat
He's a sad person! What do you expect?

Just showing his true colors for all to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrn View Post
why don'y you do yourself a favor and put me on ignore

post #59 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-08-2015, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizel View Post
1. Lorenzo earned his title.

2. Rossi is still the GOAT

3. Marquez is a liar

4. Pedrosa has the most class of all the Spainards

5. The anti-Rossi hate brigade here are blind or lying if they don't acknowledge Marquez's pathetic display today. Conspiracy theories aside, Honda should be embarrassed with his actions. I know in the 25 years I've been watching motorcycle racing, I've never witness such a thing until today.

6. We (the fans) suffered the most today as well the last few weeks. To whom to assign the blame is debatable, but in my opinion (the only one that matters to me) it clearly falls onto a spoiled little Spainard that rides the 93 Honda.
Methinks Marquez isn't fully aware of the repercussions of what he has done. I believe the gravity will set in with time.

Agree or disagree....I don't care about the haters.

cry me a river. the fastest rider this year rode a perfect qualifying and race. he won the title

the slower rider this year didn't win. what a revelation

rossi can blame himself for losing, he simply didn't ride fast enough to warrant a championship. the end

post #60 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-08-2015, 11:29 PM

Rossi needs to move on....

Just to next year of course, but I am supprised at his continued antics... Just baffled by a guy that has been one of the better losers in the ast and always congratulatory. Just don't get the crying...

That said, seeing Marc follow lolly the whole dang race was just odd. However when Danny came shooting by you saw that fire for two corners where he kept Danny from winning the race and effectively any Honda. Maybe that's why his boss wasn't happy with him.

All said, let's move on... You too Rossi. You did well coming from last but did not have the pace once again of the champ. And you can't expect those you blame and alienate to then help you out. Rossi got this one all wrong and I was pulling for him.

Know God, Know Peace

Kevin/34: I pull that chin strap tight - "We're on a racetrack. We're out here riding motorcycles. You put your helmet on, you pull that chin strap tight, there should be nothing but a smile on your face. Because what the hell else would you rather be doing?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode