Sepang & Is Rossi Having a Meltdown?!! - Page 6 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums
 11Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-01-2015, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
bsess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: New York, New York
Posts: 1,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Baldy View Post
Oh please, this does not help your argument at ALL.


4. What did Pedrosa say that was anti-Rossi on this issue? The fact that he did NOT come out strongly in favor of MM indicates his dilemma on the issue - because he's been taken out by MM himself and yet is obliged to support Honda and MM on this one.
Well one has no chance of presenting objective points for consideration when the other party is wholly close minded and unwilling to entertain viewpoints other than his own such as is the case here. Talking to you about Rossi's culpability in this mess is like trying to argue the Civil Rights Act of 1964 with Bald Imperial Grand Dragon of the KKK.

Still looking for Dani's quotes I read before about Rossi being to blame. This is what I found thus far: MotoGP News - MotoGP Malaysia: Rossi has contradicted himself, says Pedrosa
Waldo likes this.


bsess is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #102 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-01-2015, 01:44 PM
He with the senior member
 
Old Baldy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: South Lyon, MI USA
Posts: 5,671
BSESS, let's see if we can get agreement on the facts, as we see them?

1. Rossi was in front at the time of the incident.
2. The leading rider has the line.
3. A following rider has to avoid a leading rider.
4. The leading rider can choose his own line, as long as he does not push a following rider off the track or make a sudden change of line or swerve into another rider.
5. Rossi did not push MM off the track.
6. Rossi did not make contact with MM.
7. Rossi did not kick MM.
8. Rossi did not "suddenly" swerve off line. He purposely and (relatively slowly) pushed MM wide to try to disrupt his drive off the corner. This is (up to now) a legal move.
9. MM leaned over further and came back into Rossi. Clearly seen on the videos.
10. MM's line came into Rossi and they made contact, ultimately causing MM to fall.
11. There is an unwritten rule that a rider always tries to avoid causing a crash or major disruption to a another rider who is a championship contender/leader, when he himself is not a contender. This is a wide-spread and acknowledged aspect of racing.
12. MM has crashed multiple times in the races this season, for multiple reasons.
13. MM made it very clear by his super aggressive passing and unnecessary battle with Rossi that he does not consider (11) important, for Rossi. Watching the battle, it seemed almost inevitable that one of them will crash. And so it happened.
14. MM let JL come through without ANY type of challenge, zero attempt at come-back after his mistake let JL through. Nothing at all. Just let him get on with it. That is absolutely clear for anyone to see.
15. RD said BOTH riders were at fault, but Rossi made the "illegal" move.
16.RD has not explained what EXACTLY that illegal move was, given that Rossi was the leading rider, had the racing line, did not kick MM, did not push him off the track, did not suddenly swerve into MM.

I'll take your comments about the Civil Rights Act and the KKK with the humor I assume it was intended and turn it right around to you. I agree that there have been a LOT of incongruent and illogical statements made in this discussion and decisions made.

And now, after having already agreed to disagree on the topic, I'm finally done with it.

I will change one thing.....

I think there is now so much scrutiny on MM and his track actions, that he WILL try to win the last race of the season to attempt to prove his neutrality and his speed over Rossi and everyone else.

So, I think that the race order could be

1. MM
2. Pedroso
3. JL
4. Iannone
5. Dovi
6. Rossi

...and Lorenzo takes the championship.

Old Baldy
Triumph Tiger 955i with decent suspension.
Ducati 996 with hot 999 motor
Kawasaki KLR650

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old Baldy is offline  
post #103 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-01-2015, 03:16 PM
Gold Sponsor
 
mrgrn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Live free or Die
Posts: 14,924
Where is Sete' Gibby when you need him

Hope riders let Rossi go by easily allowing the season to be decided by racing NOT by MM having a tantrum because he pissed away his season and could not take a bit of banter warranted or not.

It has IMO been one of the best seasons in a long time for several reasons. Who would have thought Rossi would be in front? Who would have thought MM would have tossed it away so easily? Who would have thought we would have 3 former champions battling for great racing so late in a tight championship and Dani being healthy

I think somehow they should not let the scene ruin the championship and postpone or delay the penalty until after the season. I can understand if Rossi and JL got in this mix but MM is a whiny little cry baby refusing to accept his lumps. Racing is about the fans and at this point i don't know how they can not let the last race and championship come down to Rossi against JL for the pot and for the greatest season in a decade IMO





To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
mrgrn is offline  
 
post #104 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-02-2015, 03:26 PM
Senior Member
 
sqd8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,178
Different angle to consider.


Honda press release discusses, among other things, the fact that after MM crashed and rossi had an open track, his lap times were no faster then during the battle with MM.


Like I said, look at the lap times.

2006 BMW HP2
2015 Triumph Rocket III Roadster


Sour grapes are a lesser man's fruit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Little Shop
The [fact] that the RC45 was a "relative failure" is what matters most...
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sqd8r is offline  
post #105 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-02-2015, 03:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqd8r View Post
Different angle to consider.


Honda press release discusses, among other things, the fact that after MM crashed and rossi had an open track, his lap times were no faster then during the battle with MM.


Like I said, look at the lap times.

you cannot use facts to argue with a rossi supporter. the facts don't matter anymore.

it's like arguing with a creationist. there's no point.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wibbly is offline  
post #106 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-02-2015, 04:38 PM
Senior Member
 
sqd8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbly View Post
you cannot use facts to argue with a rossi supporter. the facts don't matter anymore.

it's like arguing with a creationist. there's no point.

Word.
Attached Images
  

2006 BMW HP2
2015 Triumph Rocket III Roadster


Sour grapes are a lesser man's fruit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Little Shop
The [fact] that the RC45 was a "relative failure" is what matters most...
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sqd8r is offline  
post #107 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-02-2015, 09:36 PM
Senior Member
 
RAZR51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 3,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbly View Post
you cannot use facts to argue with a rossi supporter. the facts don't matter anymore.
You mean they suffer from Ucciovision
RAZR51 is offline  
post #108 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015, 03:12 AM
Currently: Moderating
 
Jami6989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 12,576
Jesus Christ! OB is having another meltdown! Can't turn my back on him for a minute without him coming off the rails. Dude is blinded!

OK OB, everyone is out to get Rossi and you and his fans are the ONLY ones who are right. Haha, priceless stuff!

Should've retired when he killed SIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrn View Post
why don'y you do yourself a favor and put me on ignore

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jami6989 is offline  
post #109 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-04-2015, 12:56 PM
Senior Member
 
duckdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Lumberton, Texas
Posts: 5,748
now Jorge files s lawsuit against the appeal, what a clusterphuk...

...dawg
duckdawg is offline  
post #110 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-04-2015, 11:35 PM
Senior Member
 
RAZR51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 3,558
Lorenzo is starting to look like a real douche. He needs to shut up and ride. I think he'll end up and Ducati.
RAZR51 is offline  
post #111 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-05-2015, 01:42 AM
Senior Member
 
duckdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Lumberton, Texas
Posts: 5,748
for me, personally, it boils down to this...

Is Rossi bigger than Moto GP?...

He and all his fans must think so...

will Moto GP survive without him? Yes... (he only has a year or two left, at most)

He lost his cool, and doesn't want to accept the consequences...

Is Jorge a Douche? Yes, any alpha male is. But his said douchery is provoked by an opponent who is apparently above the law...

getting a court involved in the first place is a complete example of how spoiled Rossi is...

and picking a fight, with a kid who can ride circles around you, is a calculated and executed excuse for losing a championship, to your team mate, who is by your own accord, faster than you...


Rossi cracked. or the biggest fix in motorsports history has occurred, you draw your own line in the sand...
Waldo likes this.

...dawg
duckdawg is offline  
post #112 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-05-2015, 02:26 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
bsess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: New York, New York
Posts: 1,917
Kicky, kick, kick.

It's pretty plain to see what happened in this video (to anyone with reasonably unbiased eyes that is....)

Soup :: In Riposte: More Footage of Rossi vs Marquez at Sepang :: 11-04-2015

As per the article from Soup below, even the legendary Agostini was of the opinion that Rossi "Lost His Mind" after observing the course of events at Sepang. Former MotoGP Race Director, Paul Butler, echoed like minded sentiments:

Soup :: Former MotoGP Race Director: I Hope The Title Is Decided In Valencia :: 11-04-2015


bsess is offline  
post #113 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-05-2015, 01:41 PM
Senior Member
 
imported_ICEMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,508
All done.. Rossi starts last on the grid.

MotoGP News - MotoGP: Rossi request rejected, starts last at Valencia

2013 BMW S1000RR
2011 Honda CRF450R (Supermoto)
2005 Yamaha Midnight Warrior
imported_ICEMAN is offline  
post #114 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-06-2015, 01:27 AM
Senior Member
 
sqd8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_ICEMAN View Post
bsess and Waldo like this.

2006 BMW HP2
2015 Triumph Rocket III Roadster


Sour grapes are a lesser man's fruit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Little Shop
The [fact] that the RC45 was a "relative failure" is what matters most...
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sqd8r is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome