Sepang & Is Rossi Having a Meltdown?!! - Page 3 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 01:00 AM
He with the senior member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckdawg View Post
what a douche, Rossi has lost it, he's cracked...
Hey, pass that pipe...it must be really good stuff, dude. You're fuggen high as a kite.
I remember you saying "stick a pin in him; he's done" last season too...... LOL!!!!!
capecodrvt likes this.

Old Baldy
Triumph Tiger 955i with decent suspension.
Ducati 996 with hot 999 motor
Kawasaki KLR650

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 01:25 AM

Let's let God settle it.

If its a dry race at Valencia, Rossi was wrong. If it's a wet race at Valencia, Rossi was right.

SECTION8 FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #43 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 02:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Baldy View Post
I wonder of the talented little spoiled brat will fall off 6 times next season too?

Wouldn't it be hilarious if he mistakenly runs into the back of Lorenzo at Valencia (as he seems to tend to do quite often with riders), knocking him out of contention, and Rossi wins the Championship?

THAT would be funny to watch. The little twit would have a major hissy fit, along with a (very small) band of anti-Rossi guys here. HAHAHAHA!!!

Except...I don't want Lorenzo to be knocked out by the errant youngster...I want Rossi to beat him fair and square (difficult as that would be now, given what Marquez has done for him already.)
I'm not getting where you're coming from Baldy. Firstly, MM hasn't taken anyone "out' in his entire MotoGP career. Secondly, he has never thrown any hissy fits unlike Rossi has over the past week. Thirdly, Rossi and Rossi alone is responsible for "taking out" Marquez at Sepang and, in the process, pretty much taking himself out of the championship with the penalties he brought on himself by his undeniably unprofessional and unsportsmanlike behavior. I too would have liked to have seen the title decided by a head to head battle between Lorenzo and Rossi at Sepang and the final round at Valencia but it is Valentino who has made this an impossible scenario.

Even with everything that's happened, Marquez is publicly taking the high road. He has never behaved less than a gentleman in addressing the media so your comments referring to him as a spoiled brat couldn't be further off "the Mark".

post #44 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 05:34 AM
chimp on my shoulder

Send a message via Yahoo to johnyisthedevil
well, what can be said at this point? there is are so many opinions of what happened and only one truth. I think it was pretty clearly both riders fault. I think the penalty is a tad light (even though it pretty much decided the championship)

at first I thought holy shit Rossi kicked in malice and ill intent. then I saw the helicopter view and one from behind. and though Rossi was clearly pulling an un-sportsman like move by running MM wide, you can see MM dive into Rossi and it looks like his shoulder is what lifts Rossi's leg up...and then a retaliatory kick. Not saying Rossi isn't in the wrong, but for sure MM was not faultless in the incident. I would love to see the telemetry overlaid on those views.

regardless it sucks to see such a brilliant season soiled like this.

06 rc51 banzai/Simons, pcIII,ohlins... the usual
94 vfr 750 cafe project
post #45 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsess View Post
I'm not getting where you're coming from Baldy. Firstly, MM hasn't taken anyone "out' in his entire MotoGP career.
You have a rather short memory. He took out his own teammate last year at Aragon, and was given a penalty point.

"Marc Marquez has been handed a penalty point for his role in the incident with Dani Pedrosa at Aragon. On lap 6 of the Aragon race, Marquez braked a little too late for Turn 12, found himself running into the back of his teammate Dani Pedrosa, the picked the bike up to run it wide. In doing so, he just touched the back of Pedrosa's bike, severing the rear wheel speed sensor and sending the Honda's traction control system into full power mode, causing Pedrosa to be thrown from the bike when he opened the throttle."

Quote:
Secondly, he has never thrown any hissy fits unlike Rossi has over the past week.
Errr, did I say he had? Read my post again.

Quote:
Thirdly, Rossi and Rossi alone is responsible for "taking out" Marquez at Sepang and, in the process, pretty much taking himself out of the championship with the penalties he brought on himself by his undeniably unprofessional and unsportsmanlike behavior.
Oh PLEASE....cut out the silliness. Your obvious bias is showing here.
Marquez was so clearly itching for a fight with Rossi. He wanted to dominate Rossi due to Rossi's comments on Thursday. He thought he could dominate Rossi as he's done with other riders throughout his career. Well, it didn't work out for him in the race, but he did at least get to achieve what his ultimate goal was, and that is to make it virtually impossible for Rossi to win a 10th title. Mission accomplished. Yay!

Quote:
I too would have liked to have seen the title decided by a head to head battle between Lorenzo and Rossi at Sepang and the final round at Valencia but it is Valentino who has made this an impossible scenario.

Even with everything that's happened, Marquez is publicly taking the high road. He has never behaved less than a gentleman in addressing the media so your comments referring to him as a spoiled brat couldn't be further off "the Mark".
[QUOTE=bsess;999049]
Spoiled brat.....is a term I used to describe someone who regularly rides above his ability. Six crashes in one season is pretty clear evidence of that. Crashing into others multiple times is evidence of that.

Ask the other competitors what they think of him. Ask his own teammate, for that matter. Ask Ianone if he believed that Marquez was deliberately obstructing them in Australia.

He's a very clever, very talented, awesomely fast young man. But don't think for a second his a little saint. He definitely ain't that......and Jarvis said it best. Listen to his words. He's not an idiot.

Old Baldy
Kawasaki KLR650

post #46 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 07:10 AM
Street and Track Moderator

If anybody thinks that MM was not deliberately trying to slow Rossi down, they are blind. Way to ruin one of the best championships in years... JL should keep his mouth shut on this one as well, it wasn't very long ago he had his own issues with MM. As for MM; he is the same little shit he has been since Moto2...

CCS #33
CRA #533
CQC Motorsports
2011 CCS Midwest Rookies Cup GTO #1
2014 CRA Formula 40 #2
2015 CRA Nov Unlimited SS #1
2015 CRA Nov Unlimited Superbike #1
2015 CRA Nov Unlimited GP #1

2008 CBR 1000rr (Race)
2012 Multistrada 1200 (Street Ride)
post #47 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmansell View Post
If anybody thinks that MM was not deliberately trying to slow Rossi down, they are blind. Way to ruin one of the best championships in years...
Show me where its reflected in the lap times except the lap where Rossi admitted to forcing MM wide and almost coming to a stop in doing so....

post #48 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 05:51 PM

I watched it, what I saw was some excellent racing, right up to the point Rossi cracked...

neither of them had the bike to beat Lorenzo, it was a race for third place anyway...

I see this in the overall view, as being a good thing for MotoGP. While being a, low rent, sand lot, cocksucker move on Rossi's part, it probably gave more publicity to MotoGP than all the advertising ever did...

...dawg
post #49 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 05:53 PM

Highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3u3DpmL8GM

I agree with MM was attempting to slow Valentino down deliberately. Valentino is also guilty of running him wide on more than one occasion. It looked to me like MM turned in on VR and crashed out.

3 Points and back of the grid is good enough for me. If VR46 can beat JL from their he is deserving of his final world Championship.
post #50 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 05:56 PM
Street and Track Moderator

In a lap and a half they had lost nearly 6 seconds to Pedro and JL. MM was not concerned with winning, rather he was concentrating on impeding Rossi... Rossi tapped his tail twice as if to say, let's not let the two up front get away, but MM would pass in areas no one would in order to impede the forward progress of both...

CCS #33
CRA #533
CQC Motorsports
2011 CCS Midwest Rookies Cup GTO #1
2014 CRA Formula 40 #2
2015 CRA Nov Unlimited SS #1
2015 CRA Nov Unlimited Superbike #1
2015 CRA Nov Unlimited GP #1

2008 CBR 1000rr (Race)
2012 Multistrada 1200 (Street Ride)
post #51 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmansell View Post
If anybody thinks that MM was not deliberately trying to slow Rossi down, they are blind. Way to ruin one of the best championships in years... JL should keep his mouth shut on this one as well, it wasn't very long ago he had his own issues with MM. As for MM; he is the same little shit he has been since Moto2...
Glad to see there are a number of open-eyed fans still around here. How anyone can honestly say they watched the entire race from the start, and NOT see what Marquez was trying to do both in this race and in Australia....and ultimately succeed, is beyond reason to me.

The little twerp will see his arse handed to him from the old guy, if he's going to continue this tactic. This could actually be REAL fun....no matter that El Twerpo has scuppered the championship.

Of course, we could get a dry race turning to wet race and see Rossi catch and beat Lorenzo....so maybe still a 2% chance of him winning it.

Old Baldy
Kawasaki KLR650

post #52 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 10:40 PM
Currently: Moderating

This thread is so full of win! People blowing their brains out all over the forum because Rossi cracked again. The most insane part of this thread is that MrGrn is still alive. Mindboggling!

Hope my Lorenzo gear gets here before Valencia is over.

A B R!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrn View Post
why don'y you do yourself a favor and put me on ignore

post #53 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 01:46 AM

Lorenzo has a VERY short memory of MM's riding too...George was hopping MAD at MM for riding like this, causing him to lose 2nd place and the championship lead, in 2013...

Old Baldy
Kawasaki KLR650

post #54 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 02:15 AM Thread Starter

With all due respect, Baldy, I honestly believe that you are suffering from unbridled bias here. If Rossi wasn't to blame for what happened at Sepang (as he so clearly was) how come Race Direction and then the FIM thereafter enforced the penalty against him. And your remarks about him riding over his ability is pure nonsense. I have to go back and look, but the unpredictable front end traction problems he had with his Honda played a significant role in at least half of his crashes if not more.

Let's just agree to disagree because neither of us will be able to convince the other here......

post #55 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 02:36 AM

Quote:
With all due respect, Baldy, I honestly believe that you are suffering from unbridled bias here. If Rossi wasn't to blame for what happened at Sepang (as he so clearly was) how come Race Direction and then the FIM thereafter enforced the penalty against him. And your remarks about him riding over his ability is pure nonsense. I have to go back and look, but the unpredictable front end traction problems he had with his Honda played a significant role in at least half of his crashes if not more.

Let's just agree to disagree because neither of us will be able to convince the other here......
Fair enough. It's astonishing to me that you truly do believe that Rossi was solely at fault here. Did you watch the previous race and this one again, with an open mind and watch what happened, very clearly?

Anyway, I agree, there is a LOT of bias here, on both sides.

I would suggest, though, that this is not the end of it. And MM must realize that while he succeeded in taking Rossi out of the championship as revenge for the fact that he considers Rossi taking HIM out of the championship in the previous races when he crashed.....MM should think carefully about the fact that having Rossi as an enemy could make his future seasons very difficult indeed.

He may have lost the race battle, won the season war, but will he get anywhere close to Rossi/GOAT status by winning next season and future seasons? That's going to be what he needs to be thinking about when he takes on someone like Rossi. Good luck, youngster...you will need it.

It might actually be really awesome to see.....

Old Baldy
Kawasaki KLR650

post #56 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Baldy View Post
Anyway, I agree, there is a LOT of bias here, on both sides.
It's hard to see where your biases are from day to day. "Lolly is going to win the Championship" one day. Then riding Marquez's dick the next with "He's the most talented rider ever" the next day. And now back to "Rossi got robbed!" this week. You're every bit as bad as all the people you try to make fun of around here. Sad soul.

Quote:

post #57 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 03:02 AM

Quote:

Hey, I'll tell you what's going to happen at Valencia....

Rossi scythes through the traffic to get to 4th place at the end.
Pedrosa and Lorenzo and Marquez fight for Spanish win honors.
Marquez takes out Pedrosa by outbraking himself into the back of Pedrosa AGAIN..... Marquez falls for the 7th time this season. Says that Rossi kicked him. BSESS and DAWG believe him.
Rossi gets 10 penalty points for the accident. (Race control believe him too)
Lorenzo wins the championship.
The Spaniards are deliriously happy.
13 Rossi fans commit suicide.

OB is all butt hurt for at least 7 seconds. As long as that? OB signs up for another season of the motogp.com soap opera, loving every minute of it again.

But, one thing is CLEAR.....no more big buck bets on anyone in MGP.

Old Baldy
Kawasaki KLR650

post #58 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 04:11 AM

with all due respect, OB, you're crackin... lol
Jami6989 likes this.

...dawg
post #59 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckdawg View Post
with all due respect, OB, you're crackin... lol
Yep, think the old boy's finally lost it completely.

Quote:

post #60 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 09:10 AM

It's obvious that MM was there only to antagonize Rossi. He hated what Rossi said to the press, and he was going to settle it on the track. Rossi couldn't get away from MM on track, and decided to run him wide with a couple WTF looks at MM. MM had plenty of tarmac and could've ran wider and avoided contact with Rossi, but chose to come over into Rossi. MM caused himself to go down, Rossi didn't cause that. They both messed up.

I wonder what HRC thinks about MM using their multi million dollar bike to play games with Rossi?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode