Sepang & Is Rossi Having a Meltdown?!! - Page 2 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums
 11Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 12:49 PM
Senior Member
 
TheDrizel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 398
I was wrong in my assumptions....Marquez didn't "remove himself from any battle"

For those here that are able to get past their hatred of the GOAT...

From CRASH.net
Explanation from race direction.

"“Finally, we actually believe there is fault on both sides. Despite what Marquez said we think he was deliberately trying to affect the pace of Valentino. However he didn't actually break any rules. Whatever we think about the spirit of the championship, according to the rule book he didn't make contact. His passes were clean. He rode within the rules.

“Valentino reacted to what he saw as provocation from Marquez and unfortunately his reaction was a manoeuvre that was against the rules. It's irresponsible riding causing a crash. We believe the contact was deliberate. He says he did not want Marquez to crash, but he did want to run him wide.” "

My opinion, Rossi was honest in his description of the events, was deliberate in his action of running Marc wide, and it was a 50/50 shot Marc could crash. I don't blame him at all, I believe anyone would have done the same if they felt they were being "wronged" and if you disagree i don't believe you are being honest with yourself. I believe even Rossi understood this was a slow corner and didn't try and make contact in a fast corner.
Marc made some very dangerous overtakes and while technically "legal" was very unsportsmanlike. Even the GOAT has a limit as to what he will endure. People forget (especially his whiney little bitch teammate) that these guys are still human and Rossi isn't the GOAT because he sits back and things fall in his lap.

Enjoy the flame fest, I'm going make some popcorn.

Dance monkey...entertain me...it's why I paid you.
TheDrizel is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 01:35 PM
Senior Member
 
sqd8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,178
well that just ruined the season for me.

The whole handbags at dawn BS that rossi started, even the comments on MM not liking him as a kid were asinine. I cannot believe rossi punted him. If I had expected an emotional retort I would have expected it from MM.

I expect nothing from race direction of consequence.

Which mires the whole damn thing.

Even if MM was doing what he accused, all evidence to the contrary since Yamaha didnt file a complaint, who cares.

Soured the championship for me.

EDIT: Just read the penalty. Big deal. All penalties in this case call for all pts removed.

Why rossi -the whole thing - why did you cause this idiocracy.

2006 BMW HP2
2015 Triumph Rocket III Roadster


Sour grapes are a lesser man's fruit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Little Shop
The [fact] that the RC45 was a "relative failure" is what matters most...
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sqd8r is offline  
post #23 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 02:27 PM
He with the senior member
 
Old Baldy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: South Lyon, MI USA
Posts: 5,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizel View Post
I was wrong in my assumptions....Marquez didn't "remove himself from any battle"

For those here that are able to get past their hatred of the GOAT...

From CRASH.net
Explanation from race direction.

"“Finally, we actually believe there is fault on both sides. Despite what Marquez said we think he was deliberately trying to affect the pace of Valentino. However he didn't actually break any rules. Whatever we think about the spirit of the championship, according to the rule book he didn't make contact. His passes were clean. He rode within the rules.

“Valentino reacted to what he saw as provocation from Marquez and unfortunately his reaction was a manoeuvre that was against the rules. It's irresponsible riding causing a crash. We believe the contact was deliberate. He says he did not want Marquez to crash, but he did want to run him wide.” "

My opinion, Rossi was honest in his description of the events, was deliberate in his action of running Marc wide, and it was a 50/50 shot Marc could crash. I don't blame him at all, I believe anyone would have done the same if they felt they were being "wronged" and if you disagree i don't believe you are being honest with yourself. I believe even Rossi understood this was a slow corner and didn't try and make contact in a fast corner.
Marc made some very dangerous overtakes and while technically "legal" was very unsportsmanlike. Even the GOAT has a limit as to what he will endure. People forget (especially his whiney little bitch teammate) that these guys are still human and Rossi isn't the GOAT because he sits back and things fall in his lap.

Enjoy the flame fest, I'm going make some popcorn.
I agree. Rossi started it with his comments, Marquez purposely took the battle to Rossi, and lost the battle but won the war. In the end, Rossi lost. A great pity.

Oh well, I guess my prediction of a Lorenzo champion this year seems correct, but for the wrong reasons.

Feel sorry for the Bot for another spectacular performance going almost unnoticed - the poor guy just does't get a break.
capecodrvt likes this.

Old Baldy
Triumph Tiger 955i with decent suspension.
Ducati 996 with hot 999 motor
Kawasaki KLR650

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old Baldy is offline  
 
post #24 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 02:28 PM
Gold Sponsor
 
mrgrn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Live free or Die
Posts: 14,924
I could clearly see prior to the that turn Marco was trying to slow Rossi down and IMO looked like a few times they did in fact contact lightly all in good sport and at the highest of levels in the sport. I would have assumed after the hand gestures from Rossi and the looks from him Marco did not see some rough water coming The GOAT reacted and showed him the Sete Gibby in that turn and pushed/demonstrated what champions do that sadly ended in Marco clearly turning his front end into Rossi's leg in frustration which knocked off Rossi's leg and caused Marco to crash himself

Despite me being 100% pro Rossi all biased aside Marco could have stayed upright easliy and then let either Rossi ride him into the dirt taking both out, or manned up and waited and recovered when Rossi had to turn more and continued on in their battle. I do think Rossi want a wee bit too far but do not think he kicked the whinny biatch to the ground, Marco played a 2 year old all the way considering you can watch him crash into Rossi

All drama aside it is a shame Marco lost the title this year and Rossi played consistent and George is on a tear it would have been nice for Marco to let the battle happen between Rossi and George not take a side. I also read the George interrupted the meeting to lobby Rossi should have been disqualified WOW classy

Flame on





To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
mrgrn is offline  
post #25 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 03:24 PM
Panigaliscious
 
sburns2421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SW MO
Posts: 9,103
No chance Marquez made that pass stick in that particular corner. What I saw was a child used to bullying his way to the front.

Lorenzo gets championship #3* (emphasis on the asterisk)




1985 Honda VF1000R, 1990 Ducati 851, 2008 YZ450F

Last edited by sburns2421; 10-25-2015 at 08:14 PM.
sburns2421 is offline  
post #26 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 03:57 PM
He with the senior member
 
Old Baldy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: South Lyon, MI USA
Posts: 5,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by sburns2421 View Post
No chance Marquez made that pass stick in that particular corner. What I saw was a child used to bullying his way to the front.

Lorenzo gets championship #3* *\(emphasis on the asterisk)
Agreed.

It was quite clear to me that Rossi had the line and thus corner by being in front, ran it intentionally wide as he is obviously allowed and expected to do to slow Marquez's drive out the corner, and Marquez dove into him.
There is no sign of Rossi trying to kick Marc as Marc says - that is BS.

Look carefully at the comparative lean angle of Marc's bike vs Rossi here...you see Marc diving into Rossi's bike from behind. The more I look at the video, the more I'm surprised at the Race decision, but I suspect that the FIM may change the decision when they meet to review the Yamaha appeal next week. One would hope so...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oczvmjbtwp...46.34.png?dl=0

Old Baldy
Triumph Tiger 955i with decent suspension.
Ducati 996 with hot 999 motor
Kawasaki KLR650

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old Baldy is offline  
post #27 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
bsess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: New York, New York
Posts: 1,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Baldy View Post
Agreed.

There is no sign of Rossi trying to kick Marc as Marc says - that is BS.
I saw footage on TV which, when viewed in slow motion, clearly showing Rossi elevating his left leg off the bike and then thrusting his leg toward an unseen portion of MM's bike, allegedly his front fork) and MM's bike letting go coincides precisely with the timing of Rossi's "kick." It was very apparent to me.

While Mark had indeed slowed down, he was off the racing line and Rossi could have easily passed him underneath. Instead Rossi elected to essentially run even wider off the racing line himself .

As great as Rossi is, I believe his behavior this week has been at various points, nutty, maybe paranoid or nasty gamesmanship and finally, unsportsmanlike.



Last edited by bsess; 10-25-2015 at 06:25 PM.
bsess is offline  
post #28 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 04:56 PM
Senior Member
 
superbikemike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 141
Exclamation really....

poor sportsmanship on rossi... should have received the black flag, smith should have been on the podium... fight for the championship should have continued @ the last round....
superbikemike is offline  
post #29 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 04:58 PM
Senior Member
 
imported_ICEMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,508
So Rossi will start LAST on the grid and the championship is already decided before the race at Valencia. What a f***ing shame! I had just recently posted that this was the best championship of all since I have been watching, and for it to end this way is a huge disappointment for all the fans.

As much as Rossi clearly took MM out today, MM had no business messing in the championship that he wasn't part of. A completely thrilling end between JLo and Rossi was what we were all robbed off.

Personally, I was a MM fan but I hate the f***tard now. He acted like a bully and since there is no written rule about it, he got away with it.

2013 BMW S1000RR
2011 Honda CRF450R (Supermoto)
2005 Yamaha Midnight Warrior
imported_ICEMAN is offline  
post #30 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
bsess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: New York, New York
Posts: 1,917
Rossi's "kick" or "kicking motion" is clearly evident/apparent from at least two different video footage angles I recorded from the TV feed. While you can't see precisely where his foot itself makes contact with Marquez' bike, it is as plain as day from both camera angles as Rossi's entire left leg elevates off the peg (looking like a baseball pitcher with a high leg kick in his pitching windup) and then thrusts down and away toward the front half of Marquez' bike followed by Mark's bike washing out precisely at the moment of the kick's downward thrust.

The central question in my mind is whether all of this behavior by Rossi, beginning with his earlier claims and accusations against Marquez leading up to the kick, were all based on a cleverly calculated and deceptive game plan to marshal support from fans and the authorities so he could possibly get away with something like this OR if he truly believes everything he was saying about Mark.

NB: When watching the "kick" shown on the TV feed from the different angles it's also important you set your TV to slow motion and at the track side camera angle, while Rossi is running Marquez out wide, even though Mark had already stood his bike up and is now traveling far below the normal speed for that corner, you can see Rossi's front forks compressed as he is slowing his Yamaha even more than Mark had already done on the outside, giving Marquez no options other than running off track completely or, as Marquez attempted to do at this point, lean his bike over to turn (so as to not run off track) at which point Rossi then kicks Mark's Honda out from under him. Rossi could have easily blasted past underneath and away Marquez at that point but instead chose to try to put an end to the perceived game of "Cat & Mouse" that was being played between the two.



Last edited by bsess; 10-25-2015 at 07:12 PM.
bsess is offline  
post #31 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 05:33 PM
Senior Member
 
imported_ICEMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,508
I was skeptical of Rossi's claims after PI despite the fluctuating lap times etc, but I don't know if MM decided to "show" him what obstructing someone really looks like if wanted to at Sepang, or if he has been doing it and said a giant FU to Rossi infront of all the world.

Either way it is a shame to get to this point. Great season ends in an anti-climatic way.

Wonder if Rossi comes back next year or calls it quits. You can guarantee he will open himself up for a crash or two or three with MM next year if not at Valencia at the next race.

Only one smiling in this situation is Lorenzo. He will win the championship off Rossi and NOT be the most hated rider by the fans.

2013 BMW S1000RR
2011 Honda CRF450R (Supermoto)
2005 Yamaha Midnight Warrior
imported_ICEMAN is offline  
post #32 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
bsess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: New York, New York
Posts: 1,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_ICEMAN View Post
So Rossi will start LAST on the grid and the championship is already decided before the race at Valencia. What a f***ing shame! I had just recently posted that this was the best championship of all since I have been watching, and for it to end this way is a huge disappointment for all the fans.

As much as Rossi clearly took MM out today, MM had no business messing in the championship that he wasn't part of. A completely thrilling end between JLo and Rossi was what we were all robbed off.

Personally, I was a MM fan but I hate the f***tard now. He acted like a bully and since there is no written rule about it, he got away with it.
I agree with you about how this all sucks. I think it would have been better to have taken maybe two more points from Rossi but still give him the opportunity to race from the front at Valencia based on his qualifying effort.

I disagree with you about MM, however. When Rossi passed him back up the inside, Marquez had slowed down an already run wide giving Rossi the
clean and clear inside line to run away from him. Instead, Rossi chose to slow down himself, and slowly run Marquez well wide of the racing line and close to off track by the time he did away with him with the now infamous kick.


bsess is offline  
post #33 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 06:43 PM
Senior Member
 
duckdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Lumberton, Texas
Posts: 5,748
what a douche, Rossi has lost it, he's cracked...

...dawg
duckdawg is offline  
post #34 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 07:50 PM
Senior Member
 
RAZR51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 3,558
Rossi stuck his leg out in an attempt to help MM save it

They both messed up, MM for being in the way of a championship, and Rossi for taking it too far. It was a douchbag move by 46.

Congrats to Pedrosa, that lil guy has been riding well lately.
RAZR51 is offline  
post #35 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
bsess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: New York, New York
Posts: 1,917
Rossi Definitely Lying About "The Kick"

From the MotoGP Website:

Interview with Rossi:

Marc Marquez said you took your leg off and kicked him, was it a case of red mist?

“No Marquez knows that is not true, because it is very clear from the image, especially from the helicopter that I don’t want to make him crash. I just want to make him lose time and go out of the line and slow down because also this time, a lot worse than in Australia, he make his dirty game no? When I go wide, wide, wide, I slow down, we almost stop and I look at him to say, “F**K, what the f**k are you doing?”
After we touch and he touched with his handlebar on the right on my leg, and I lose the foot from the foot peg, but if you look at the image from the helicopter it is clear that when I lose the foot from the footrest Marquez had already crashed. So I don’t want to kick him. Also if you give a kick to a MotoGP™ bike, it don’t crash. It is not that you kick the bike; it is very heavy, like this, and he crash. But unfortunately we touched; he wanted to turn because I go very wide and I fell his handlebar on my leg her, on my thigh and I lose the leg on the foot peg. It is like this.”



Marquez response: “Yeah of course you know for me it is easy to explain what happened because on the TV you can see clear. You can see in the video from many points, the helicopter, from in front. I was inside and of course we were overtaking for some laps but I felt I was able to be faster and to catch the front guys. But yeah, on that corner, corner 14, Valentino passed me. I heard the bike then I pick it up, but then I saw that he was completely straight and looking at me and stopping a lot. I was just waiting because there was nothing to do in that point and then I saw that with his leg he pushed my arm and my front brake and then I lock the front wheel and I crash.

A valid argument could be made for Rossi's disqualification for his actions at Sepang and the forfeiture of his 3rd place points. That asisde, however, He's crying because Marquez is slowing him down/getting in his way. Boo-Fricking-Hoo!!! It's racing, asshole. If you can't pass someone and make it stick, that's your ****ing problem. And IF Marquezreally is trying to mess with Rossi because he blames him or believes he is responsible for what happened back in Argentina and Assen, then payback/karma is a bitch.


bsess is offline  
post #36 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
bsess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: New York, New York
Posts: 1,917
Rossi Definitely Lying About "The Kick"

From the MotoGP Website:

Interview with Rossi:

Marc Marquez said you took your leg off and kicked him, was it a case of red mist?

“No Marquez knows that is not true, because it is very clear from the image, especially from the helicopter that I don’t want to make him crash. I just want to make him lose time and go out of the line and slow down because also this time, a lot worse than in Australia, he make his dirty game no? When I go wide, wide, wide, I slow down, we almost stop and I look at him to say, “F**K, what the f**k are you doing?”
After we touch and he touched with his handlebar on the right on my leg, and I lose the foot from the foot peg, but if you look at the image from the helicopter it is clear that when I lose the foot from the footrest Marquez had already crashed. So I don’t want to kick him. Also if you give a kick to a MotoGP™ bike, it don’t crash. It is not that you kick the bike; it is very heavy, like this, and he crash. But unfortunately we touched; he wanted to turn because I go very wide and I fell his handlebar on my leg her, on my thigh and I lose the leg on the foot peg. It is like this.”



Marquez response: “Yeah of course you know for me it is easy to explain what happened because on the TV you can see clear. You can see in the video from many points, the helicopter, from in front. I was inside and of course we were overtaking for some laps but I felt I was able to be faster and to catch the front guys. But yeah, on that corner, corner 14, Valentino passed me. I heard the bike then I pick it up, but then I saw that he was completely straight and looking at me and stopping a lot. I was just waiting because there was nothing to do in that point and then I saw that with his leg he pushed my arm and my front brake and then I lock the front wheel and I crash."

A valid argument could be made for Rossi's disqualification for his actions at Sepang and the forfeiture of his 3rd place points. That asisde, however, He's crying because Marquez is slowing him down/getting in his way. Boo-Fricking-Hoo!!! It's racing, asshole. If you can't pass someone and make it stick, that's your ****ing problem. And IF Marquezreally is trying to mess with Rossi because he blames him or believes he is responsible for what happened back in Argentina and Assen, then payback/karma is a bitch.


bsess is offline  
post #37 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 11:09 PM
Senior Member
 
duckdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Lumberton, Texas
Posts: 5,748
it was a scumbag dirt racer move...

...dawg
duckdawg is offline  
post #38 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 12:40 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,603
i'm bitterly disappointed that marquez didn't wait in pit lane for rossi to come by again, then rejoin the race and **** with rossi some more


the doctor just got a taste of his own medicine, and couldn't handle it.


it's funny to see someone who has made a career of breaking the minds of his competitors have his own mind unraveled by a talented young rider.


rossi shit his own championship away, it's cut and dry. the "kick" is irrelevant, he was intentionally rubbing marquez out. period.
bsess likes this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wibbly is offline  
post #39 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 12:57 AM
Senior Member
 
sqd8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_ICEMAN View Post
I was skeptical of Rossi's claims after PI despite the fluctuating lap times etc, but I don't know if MM decided to "show" him what obstructing someone really looks like if wanted to at Sepang, or if he has been doing it and said a giant FU to Rossi infront of all the world.

Either way it is a shame to get to this point. Great season ends in an anti-climatic way.

Wonder if Rossi comes back next year or calls it quits. You can guarantee he will open himself up for a crash or two or three with MM next year if not at Valencia at the next race.

Only one smiling in this situation is Lorenzo. He will win the championship off Rossi and NOT be the most hated rider by the fans.
Lap times they were laying down clearly refute your claim but I doubt facts will enter into this equation.

Rossi arguing that MM was holding him up when he made passes that couldn't stick are similar to Nico Rosberg whining about Hamilton holding him up in F1 this yr when Lewis was ahead. Pass and make it stick if you want to win. The only way MM would have been screwing with rossi is if MM had slowed the lap times down and there's no evidence of that.

2006 BMW HP2
2015 Triumph Rocket III Roadster


Sour grapes are a lesser man's fruit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Little Shop
The [fact] that the RC45 was a "relative failure" is what matters most...
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sqd8r is offline  
post #40 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 01:57 AM
He with the senior member
 
Old Baldy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: South Lyon, MI USA
Posts: 5,671
I wonder of the talented little spoiled brat will fall off 6 times next season too?

Wouldn't it be hilarious if he mistakenly runs into the back of Lorenzo at Valencia (as he seems to tend to do quite often with riders), knocking him out of contention, and Rossi wins the Championship?

THAT would be funny to watch. The little twit would have a major hissy fit, along with a (very small) band of anti-Rossi guys here. HAHAHAHA!!!

Except...I don't want Lorenzo to be knocked out by the errant youngster...I want Rossi to beat him fair and square (difficult as that would be now, given what Marquez has done for him already.)

Old Baldy
Triumph Tiger 955i with decent suspension.
Ducati 996 with hot 999 motor
Kawasaki KLR650

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old Baldy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome