My Better Half Gave Me The Green Light..... - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-30-2015, 01:45 AM Thread Starter

My Better Half Gave Me The Green Light.....

She said I should add another bike to the stable.

Too bad I don't have any money at the moment. But when I get sum.........

My picks are, and not in any particular order:

Ninja H2 - If I can find one.

Panigale 899 - took one for a joy ride and didn't care for the riding position. It's so sexy to look at though.

MV F3 800 - I really want to do this, especially with the incentives going on now and them being sold new for around $13,500, but it just looks a lil' cheapy to me in the cockpit region.

S1000RR - You can't really go wrong with the current king of the super bikes. Still being raced in BSB. The bike is so ugly that I would make an exception and get one in Black even though I said that I would NEVER buy a Black motorcycle.

SECTION8 FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-30-2015, 04:05 AM
Panigaliscious

Sport Rider issue out in a few days took a new R1 and did a $200 ECU reflash and the peak power and redline were basically identical to the BMW. Add a Graves full exhaust ($2600!) and the bike gained another 5 hp on top and lost 16 pounds. In the midrange the bike gained up to 25 hp over stock.

1985 Honda VF1000R, 1990 Ducati 851, 2008 YZ450F
post #3 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-30-2015, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sburns2421 View Post
Sport Rider issue out in a few days took a new R1 and did a $200 ECU reflash and the peak power and redline were basically identical to the BMW. Add a Graves full exhaust ($2600!) and the bike gained another 5 hp on top and lost 16 pounds. In the midrange the bike gained up to 25 hp over stock.

I like the new R1 but it's kind of out of the question for me. ...and for a totally stupid reason.

A good friend of mine who is exceptionally fast once told me that I should never ride an R1, that I would ....and I quote "kill myself" on it. He was probably just talking out of his teeth but I've always had that in the back of my mind. So I simply don't mess with R1s. They are off limits for me.

He's a previous owner of an R1 and runs AMA Supersport pace on an otherwise stock R6. I'm sure he had a good subconscious reason for saying that.

With all that said, the R1 is my forbidden fruit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-30-2015, 05:48 PM

your friend lied.....a r1 will kill you just as good as any of the other bikes listed on here.

its your money...do what you like, but the r1m is the best choice of the new gen superbikes.....hands down.

ive seen people get killed on 50cc scooters.....buy what the best choice is, not what other people "say is good" or "not for you".
post #5 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-30-2015, 05:58 PM

I'd get the BMW
post #6 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-30-2015, 08:26 PM
Gold Sponsor

New R1 is a nice bike IMO

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #7 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-30-2015, 08:49 PM
He with the senior member

The S1000RR is NOT ugly.

There, I'm also stating my opinion as fact....

Old Baldy
Triumph Tiger 955i with decent suspension.
Ducati 996 with hot 999 motor
Kawasaki KLR650

post #8 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 01:44 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys for all of the different perspectives. None of the bikes I listed are class leaders with the exception of the F3 800. The R1M would be the logical choice but my heart lusts for the H2.

Going in a straight line never looked so cool!

post #9 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 01:58 AM

Beemer
R1

With those 3 available, you picking the ugly train H2 just makes me sad.

Grow a pair and buy the H2R... You know no matter who you meet on your H2, the first thing you will have to explain is "No, this is not the fast bike... This is the slow and ugly version". Save yourself and your friends the disappointment... Clean out those junky bikes you have and go all in for the H2R. You know you will never regret that decision!

2013 BMW S1000RR
2011 Honda CRF450R (Supermoto)
2005 Yamaha Midnight Warrior
post #10 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 03:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_ICEMAN View Post
Beemer
R1

With those 3 available, you picking the ugly train H2 just makes me sad.

Grow a pair and buy the H2R... You know no matter who you meet on your H2, the first thing you will have to explain is "No, this is not the fast bike... This is the slow and ugly version". Save yourself and your friends the disappointment... Clean out those junky bikes you have and go all in for the H2R. You know you will never regret that decision!
I've read some reports about guys getting 250hp out of the H2 after adding an exhaust, flashing the ECU, and some other tuning.

Even if I did have a spare $50k, I don't think I could get one at this point.

post #11 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 03:41 AM Thread Starter

Honestly, I like the F3 and the S1000RR. Word around the Northeast is that the Panigale's are spitting their guts. We had an 848 blow up at the track not too long ago. Pretty bikes though.

With the $1,500 cash back incentives on the F3 800s, it's kind of hard to pass that up.

F3 VS S1000RR

Handling = F3
Easy to Ride = F3
Power = S1000RR
Electronics = S1000RR
Exotica = F3
Styling = F3
Parts Availability = Tie
Resale = Tie

I guess I answered my own question then. If I run into some cash soon, I'll try to get my hands on an H2. If not, then maybe an F3 800 is in order.

post #12 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 05:33 PM
Panigaliscious

Long after all the other ones listed are eclipsed by tomorrow's technology, the H2 will remain very special.

BTW, good rumors floating around that Ducati will introduce a V4 for the people within the next 12 months, making the Pani obsolete overnight.

1985 Honda VF1000R, 1990 Ducati 851, 2008 YZ450F
post #13 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 05:38 PM

For what it's worth...

I think superstitions are bad luck.

PS: Still... I'd listen to my friend too
post #14 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

Of all the useless H2 vids on YouTube, I feel that this one does the bike the MOST justice. .....aside from the bland commentary and all.

post #15 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sburns2421 View Post
Long after all the other ones listed are eclipsed by tomorrow's technology, the H2 will remain very special.

BTW, good rumors floating around that Ducati will introduce a V4 for the people within the next 12 months, making the Pani obsolete overnight.
They are about 3 years too late. With the absence of star power like Bayliss in WSBK, and with Ducati sucking fumes in Moto GP, I kind of lost my Ducati Buzz.

This thing is going to have to be a V4 with 190hp-200hp at the wheel for me to bite.

post #16 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angst View Post
For what it's worth...

I think superstitions are bad luck.

PS: Still... I'd listen to my friend too

lol. Exactly. Better safe than sorry.

I hate to consider myself superstitious but I am a big believer in the power of the subconscious. Since he spent a lot of time on an R1 and has spent a considerable amount of time riding with me, there must be something that he sees in my riding that makes him uncomfortable on a subconscious level for him to even make a statement like that. ....Be it in jest or sincere.

post #17 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 10:26 PM

H2r

Hold out for the H2R

Best comment was. "Itís certainly amazing that he was able to reach such speeds towing those gigantic testicles."

Could You Hang On At 206 MPH Around The Isle Of Man On The Kawasaki H2R?
post #18 of 67 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo329 View Post
Easy to Ride = F3
I am only going to disagree on this one and give that to the Beemer. One of the strengths of the BMW has been how easy it is to go fast on. Most comparison test riders state they are surprised how fast they were going. I can vouch for the same between my R1 and my BMW. I could feel the big step improvement in power but didn't feel like my lap times were going to be THAT much faster until I looked at the times.

2013 BMW S1000RR
2011 Honda CRF450R (Supermoto)
2005 Yamaha Midnight Warrior
post #19 of 67 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlboi101 View Post
your friend lied.....a r1 will kill you just as good as any of the other bikes listed on here.

its your money...do what you like, but the r1m is the best choice of the new gen superbikes.....hands down.

ive seen people get killed on 50cc scooters.....buy what the best choice is, not what other people "say is good" or "not for you".
Ditto.

post #20 of 67 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo329 View Post
I like the new R1 but it's kind of out of the question for me. ...and for a totally stupid reason.

A good friend of mine who is exceptionally fast once told me that I should never ride an R1, that I would ....and I quote "kill myself" on it. He was probably just talking out of his teeth but I've always had that in the back of my mind. So I simply don't mess with R1s. They are off limits for me.

He's a previous owner of an R1 and runs AMA Supersport pace on an otherwise stock R6. I'm sure he had a good subconscious reason for saying that.

With all that said, the R1 is my forbidden fruit.
With all due respect, that just makes no sense whatsoever. Whichever previous iteration of the"R1" your friend was referring to might as well have been an entirely different brand of motorcycle altogether when compared to the 2015 R1M. While I'm not a fan of how it looks (which would be a far more rational explanation or reason for not wanting to consider buying one) it happens to be a f*cking extraordinary bike and, street or track, is easily the "safest" liter bike you can buy today as well as the one you would easily be the quickest on box stock and head to head against any other of the bikes you have on your list.

The F3 is incredibly pretty but you already have one MV and the sweet street handling 800 will disappoint you on the track with its twitchiness and lack of power.

Other than the fact you aren't enamored with it's looks, I don't see you can go wrong with the BMW.

The H2R is awesome and is truly in a class by itself but the H2 is too much of a porker for my tastes.

Have you considered the 2016 Aprilia RSV4 RF?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode