robbed at cycles unlimited in decatur al - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

robbed at cycles unlimited in decatur al

robbed at cyles unlimited in decatur, al
let me start with a little back story.
i just put new heads and a airbox on my rc51. when i rode it again it had a flat spot, probably from increased airflow from the new airbox. so i decided i should break down and get it dyno tuned just for my bike. i have had a map for my pc that is pretty close and have been running for yrs.
here's where it gets ugly. so i made a appointment with cycles unlimited. so i go there and wait for it to get finished. while i'm there i see that they have taken my pc out of the bike and are searching for maps on the internet. i tell them that this is the best map that i could find from another member on a rc51 forum and that dynojet does not have one for my exhaust system. i was told to leave the help alone and that if i continued to bother the tech that i would be charged extra. fine, i walked away. after four hrs they come out and says it's done, wich is wierd because i only heard it make one pull. this is what i was told. the dyno is working but the computer that goes with it is not. doesn't mean that the damn dyno isn't working, since the whole idea of said dyno is to get a graph of how the bike is running so you know exactly where to change the fuel curve. he said that they had taken out the map and reflashed the pc and then reinstalled the map i had in there. i was told that maybe from being apart for a few months that it was possible that the pc could have lost it's settings. i was willing to have good faith and paid them and would try it out back home. he also said that they made it so i don't have to lift my gas tank to get my pc out. wich is bs because now i have to go back and put it back the way i had it (so it doesn't get destroyed if i crash again). they also lost the rubber pieces that keep the tank off of the frame.
so the next day i get it off the truck and try it out. no differance at all. so i call them back and we go through the whole reason i was there in the first place again. the whole time i'm being treated like a squid. they said i could come back and they could work on it again, mind you at another fee and there computer still doesn't work. i told them i would like a refund and then they call me back today saying that they worked on it and feel justified in the charges, to wich i reply you have done absolutly nothing, the bike is no differant than the moment i walked through your doors. anyways no resolution except the have made $108.17 from me. not bad when you consider that they were going to charge me $120.00 for the dyno tune. i would have even been happy if they would have given me store credit.
the owner of cycles unlimited holds public office in decatur and i'm pretty sure i won't be taking this laying down.
so for your own safety i would stay away from here, unless you like giving money away for no services rendered.
http://cycles-unlimited.com/main/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-29-2009, 03:27 AM
Shane RC51

Hey man, I feel for your loss, but don't give up on this. The saying goes "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". Make a shit storm for them or you won't see any results. Good luck...

SP1 - Marchesini wheels - 15/42 - BrakeTech rotors - (fake radial mount) '08 1kRR calipers - blah blah sig masturbation blah...
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-29-2009, 09:03 AM

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 01:51 PM

that crap happens all the time around here, they bull shit you and charge you for it. I think we get the shit end of the deal cause we only have a few months out of the year to ride so they need to make or screw people as much as they can in the summer so they can kick back in the winter and relax..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
06/RC51 -- 93/TW200 "T-Dub"
past. 00/RC51 -- 89/CBR F1

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode