Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums (https://www.speedzilla.com/forums/)
-   The Lounge (https://www.speedzilla.com/forums/lounge/)
-   -   How many rounds do you have down range? (https://www.speedzilla.com/forums/lounge/75610-how-many-rounds-do-you-have-down-range.html)

mrgrn 05-11-2013 07:06 PM

How many rounds do you have down range?
 
Just was bullish hitting with a old friend about the old days and about the amount of rounds down range we both have. I am sure I have over a couple million and I still shoot 150,000+ a year now

How many rounds do youz shoot in a year or your life?

Also, why does it take the batf so long to send back silencer stamps lol been months I have been waiting for one of my new sniper rifle silencers, ggrrr




bensexcessbikes 05-11-2013 08:30 PM

This is awesome. Absolutely awesome. I call total bullshit on this one. This has zero to do with motorcycle parts and reputation so please don't mistake my response for anything related. I did some simple math below. IDK, maybe I'm wrong.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...Special_ed.jpg

I also wanted to save the original post for posterity in case the numbers get changed or deleted or whatevs.

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0e56b4e2.jpg

Here's my simple math (based on old school $0.30 per round of .22LR (about the cheapest round you can shoot)):

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/...ps29d15a7e.jpg

Spending more per month in ammo than most people take home per paycheck. Yeah, makes sense. 2+2 equals 46 million and a cheeseburger.

Luck Runs Out... 05-11-2013 11:44 PM

The only way this thread would be more awesome is if we all talked about how many people we've killed in the line of duty or self/ home defense.

*edit- don't forget the time involved to fire 12.5K rounds a month. Let's say he goes out there religiously every Saturday- that's 3125 rounds per day. Assuming a typical ten round magazine in that .22 and it taking two minutes to fire and reload, that's 10.5 hours each day. Without stopping to BS, change the target, eat or anything else. Bull fcking shit.

simonkobe 05-12-2013 12:02 AM

I'd like to just shoot 1 round myself personally

mrgrn 05-12-2013 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simonkobe (Post 784554)
I'd like to just shoot 1 round myself personally

In your own face? You lying cheat




mrgrn 05-12-2013 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bensexcessbikes (Post 784442)
This is awesome. Absolutely awesome. I call total bullshit on this one. This has zero to do with motorcycle parts and reputation so please don't mistake my response for anything related. I did some simple math below. IDK, maybe I'm wrong.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...Special_ed.jpg

I also wanted to save the original post for posterity in case the numbers get changed or deleted or whatevs.

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0e56b4e2.jpg

Here's my simple math (based on old school $0.30 per round of .22LR (about the cheapest round you can shoot)):

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/...ps29d15a7e.jpg

Spending more per month in ammo than most people take home per paycheck. Yeah, makes sense. 2+2 equals 46 million and a cheeseburger.

Your math means little but how many round have you shot, or shoot regularly ? Wednesday I did over 2500 7.62x51 alone.

Don't forget I gave been shooting for 30 years. Also Uncle Sam paid for a lot of the rounds, not me. Shoot, in full auto we can blow through a 1000 rounds in no time with two ar15's. I did not specify .22 cal but not overly hard to chew through a 500 box with 25 round mags either.




desertdan 05-12-2013 04:59 AM

rounds downrange
 
"Just was bullish hitting with a old friend about the old days and about the amount of rounds down range we both have. I am sure I have over a couple million and I still shoot 150,000+ a year now

How many rounds do youz shoot in a year or your life?"



well let's see...with a rough average of about 390 million per load/mag...and assuming I shoot a load about every week (rough average between single and married...who know's...its a guess)...and assuming I've been shooting since about 17....and I'm 50 now....that would add up to roughly 1700 times at the range...x...390 million=roughly 663 billion rounds downrange.

Sorry.....my math beats your math mrgrn.

mrgrn 05-12-2013 12:02 PM

Was not a competition. I was merely suprised at how many rounds I shoot thought we might have some




bensexcessbikes 05-12-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrgrn (Post 784594)
Your math means little but how many round have you shot, or shoot regularly ? Wednesday I did over 2500 7.62x51 alone.

Don't forget I gave been shooting for 30 years. Also Uncle Sam paid for a lot of the rounds, not me. Shoot, in full auto we can blow through a 1000 rounds in no time with two ar15's. I did not specify .22 cal but not overly hard to chew through a 500 box with 25 round mags either.

There's no point in getting into whether I shoot or not. Well, okay, I'll take the bait. You're so sneaky and smart I fell right into your trap. Darn it. I've shot 45 rounds down range. Maybe it was 50 or 55, but it seemed like a lot to me. One entire box. Most of them missed the target and wound up in the sand, but it sure was gosh darn diggity fun plinking with grandpa that day. Based on the numbers, I concede defeat and you win this dick measuring contest. Congrats, I guess. :confused: But math means little in this case.

When the numbers just don't add up, they don't add up. Or is that ADD/ADHD up? If it's an accurate number, video tape yourself every time you go to the range for a given 30 day period, account for every single round downrange and disclose it in this thread. Otherwise, it's a huge, seaming pile of total bullshit.

Jami6989 05-13-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrgrn (Post 784730)
Was not a competition. I was merely suprised at how many rounds I shoot thought we might have some

I'm merely surprised at how horrible your products are.;)

Jami6989 05-13-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simonkobe (Post 784554)
I'd like to just shoot 1 round myself personally

Priceless! Well played Simon!;)

mrgrn 05-13-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bensexcessbikes (Post 784850)
There's no point in getting into whether I shoot or not. Well, okay, I'll take the bait. You're so sneaky and smart I fell right into your trap. Darn it. I've shot 45 rounds down range. Maybe it was 50 or 55, but it seemed like a lot to me. One entire box. Most of them missed the target and wound up in the sand, but it sure was gosh darn diggity fun plinking with grandpa that day. Based on the numbers, I concede defeat and you win this dick measuring contest. Congrats, I guess. :confused: But math means little in this case.

When the numbers just don't add up, they don't add up. Or is that ADD/ADHD up? If it's an accurate number, video tape yourself every time you go to the range for a given 30 day period, account for every single round downrange and disclose it in this thread. Otherwise, it's a huge, seaming pile of total bullshit.

You are entitled to your opinion, luckily it is worthless.

Just because you say it can't be done does not mean it can't .




mrgrn 05-13-2013 12:37 AM

Building a cool .338 Lapua sniper rifle. The silencer is being made now but when it gets done I will probably sight it in and do a vid and pics of some of my 500 yard shots.




desertdan 05-13-2013 01:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here's a 500 yard shot.

f3racer 05-13-2013 02:09 AM

Wow you guys really don't like him.

I'll play though.

16 years in the army with at least 3 ranges a month. 1 m4, 1 m9, and 1 m110 sniper. 2 years in combat with a fire fight or 2 in there. 5 years running the ft Stewart swat team.

I'd say about 50 rounds.

Jami6989 05-13-2013 02:35 AM

MrGrn, open end goes in your mouth!;)

Luck Runs Out... 05-13-2013 04:49 AM

Hey guys, I'm having Mark custom build me a 7.62X54R chambered AR platform- based sniper rifle. He said he's going to do a custom Black Dragon carbon fiber barrel shroud and flash hider/ muzzle brake on the end of a 10" barrel so I can slice the pie whenever I tactially enter my house.

I feel that because he shoots a billion rounds a year, he's the most experienced here to tackle this project for me.

Luck Runs Out... 05-13-2013 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f3racer (Post 785114)
Wow you guys really don't like him.

I'll play though.

16 years in the army with at least 3 ranges a month. 1 m4, 1 m9, and 1 m110 sniper. 2 years in combat with a fire fight or 2 in there. 5 years running the ft Stewart swat team.

I'd say about 50 rounds.

Nice try, noob, but that doesn't qualify you to post in this thread. Only those that shoot 10K+ rounds a year are allowed to post.

mrgrn 05-13-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luck Runs Out... (Post 785170)
Nice try, noob, but that doesn't qualify you to post in this thread. Only those that shoot 10K+ rounds a year are allowed to post.

Funny you calling him a noob




Luck Runs Out... 05-13-2013 12:32 PM



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2011, Speedzilla.com, Inc

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome