WTB: SP2 Rear Hugger - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

WTB: SP2 Rear Hugger

PLastic or CF, it doesn't matter to me. All I'm interested in is a hugger that covers a good portion of the tire so my tail lights don't get hammered.

Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 12:40 PM
Gold Sponsor

i sell a carbon one for $170 shipped

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

Your website shows it as $155 shipped? Do you have a picture of it installed on a bike?

Eric

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 11:22 PM
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
Your website shows it as $155 shipped? Do you have a picture of it installed on a bike?

Eric

this will have to do until i can dig one up

sorry on the price, will go edit that as they are bulky and priority shipping on them has been like $30 and i can't eat $30 off of $155

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r

Last edited by mrgrn; 07-22-2010 at 09:21 PM.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 06:29 AM
Currently: Moderating

Order one of these:
https://www.speedzilla.com/forums/hon...-2006-a-2.html

Magical/BST also make good carbon. The rest are mostly JUNK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrn View Post
why don'y you do yourself a favor and put me on ignore

post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

The Tyga doesn't have enough coverage. Can't even find Magical, so I was looking at Harris, but I was hoping somebody would have a used one.

Eric
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 08:05 PM
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
The Tyga doesn't have enough coverage. Can't even find Magical, so I was looking at Harris, but I was hoping somebody would have a used one.

Eric

FWIW tyga uses polester resin and not epoxy

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r

Last edited by mrgrn; 07-22-2010 at 09:21 PM.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 08:55 PM
Member (Large)

Quote:
And how do you know this?

The post says they use epoxy resin.

And why do you have you whole swingarm covered in carbon fiber? Looks stupid IMO

post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.miller123 View Post

And why do you have you whole swingarm covered in carbon fiber? Looks stupid IMO
Covered in wavy, pitted, milky carbon too! Looks like Sanford and Son built that bike. Damn junk collectors.

Quote:

post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 09:56 PM

Send a message via MSN to JBs_SP3
I have the TYGA hugger on my SP2

Quote:
I'm interested in is a hugger that covers a good portion of the tire so my tail lights don't get hammered.

Eric
The TYGA hugger obviously doesn't cover a good portion of the rear tire, it was designed to be discreet and protect mainly the rear shock.

Quote:
Total b/s according to TYGA themselves and I checked. TYGA use epoxy resin and UV resistant top coats for their carbon products.
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBs_SP3 View Post
Total b/s according to TYGA themselves and I checked. TYGA use epoxy resin and UV resistant top coats for their carbon products.
How does a "sponsor" get away with spreading lies like this? This is similar to when he was trying to sell fake Brembo calipers as real. WTF is wrong with this world!

Quote:

post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 11:04 PM
Gold Sponsor

Quote:

what post?

i have not seen any post here stating Paul uses epoxy and if it was said my him i am sorry i had not seen it I used to import pauls parts and i know they WERE polyester all the times i bought them and it is easy enough to check. sand a corner some with a dremel and if it smells like bondo it is polyester, epoxy does not smell

i have the whole swingarm covered to showcase parts i make and simply because i can

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 11:05 PM
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBs_SP3 View Post
I have the TYGA hugger on my SP2

The TYGA hugger obviously doesn't cover a good portion of the rear tire, it was designed to be discreet and protect mainly the rear shock.

LOL they never did b4, good for paul then top notch

do you know paul by chance??

FWIW i also can make the 600rr hugger too for like $100

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 11:33 PM
Member (Large)

this post says it:

https://www.speedzilla.com/forums/hon...-2006-a-2.html

post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 11:49 PM
Gold Sponsor

Quote:

OK, glen said it not paul then.

i had not read that and good looks then if they have started to do that. not too long ago i had imported their products just as Glenn is doing and ALL of them were made of polyester resin and had no clearcoating and i had some issues with cracking and them being brittle.

i had not seen this thread and i have not spokebn with paul for some time either

just cruised their site again and could not find them using the word epoxy anwhere on their site and so i have emailed paul to find out directly as they should list that on their site if that be the case IMO as that is somehting i know i and many look for

I make a similar hugger as that too but their price seems the best although i can make mine in several material colors and several weave

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 11:49 PM

Quote:
do you know paul by chance??
Paul thinks you're a complete douche.

Quote:

post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 11:58 PM
Gold Sponsor

no offense Mark,but shouldnt this be straight?

post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonkobe View Post
no offense Mark,but shouldnt this be straight?
Dude is stoned when he makes that shit. Give him a break!

Quote:

post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 01:34 AM

So this guy is looking for a simple hugger and Mark makes a couple huggers that would work for him. This bashing is really infantile. Has anyone seen any of the carbon parts Mark makes in person or is this the uninformed opinion that it seems. I have several of Marks parts and just ordered more. I couldnt be happier with the quality and appearence. My RC is better with em. Buy em or dont, but otherwise grow the **** up. You ruin this forum.
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireflight View Post
So this guy is looking for a simple hugger and Mark makes a couple huggers that would work for him. This bashing is really infantile. Has anyone seen any of the carbon parts Mark makes in person or is this the uninformed opinion that it seems. I have several of Marks parts and just ordered more. I couldnt be happier with the quality and appearence. My RC is better with em. Buy em or dont, but otherwise grow the **** up. You ruin this forum.
Some people have also held the BEST pieces u can buy and are comparing his workmanship to the better builders. They don't have the wavyness or cloudiness and their customer service is impecable. You don't get berated and cursed at on an Internet forum.

Quote:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode