Speedzilla Forums banner

Updates to my '02 RC51

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  RAZR51 
#1 ·
This week I replaced the OEM coils and leads with CBR1000RR stick coils. I got carried away after I did the coil mod and decided to update my Turn One airbox. It originally had plastic channels riveted in to locate and hold what passed for an air cleaner. I had added the airbox about 5 years ago and had fabricated a filter with an aluminum frame and a K&N element for it. The plastic channels were cracking with age, so I replaced them with aluminum brackets. I also added a K&N filter to the breather tube to keep the airbox a little cleaner and added a dry break fitting to the line from the fuel pump and one for the return line, to facilitate removing the fuel tank. I also added a quick release pin to replace the bolt that mounts the tank. Finally, I replaced the battery with a Shorai lithium iron battery. I have some pictures on my phone and will try to get them uploaded. his week I replaced the OEM coils and leads with CBR1000RR stick coils.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.