Can a Vfr single sided swingarm work with a rc51 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2014, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

Can a Vfr single sided swingarm work with a rc51

Can a Vfr single sided swing arm work on a 2001 rc51. Sp1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2014, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekonk View Post
Yes. Plenty of guys have done it but it's rather labor intensive
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2014, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekonk View Post
Want one? I have the one people mod onto the RC AND I have the wheel.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2014, 11:02 PM

yes but ask yourself 2 questions

1. how mechanically inclined are you

2. whats your intended use of the bike

if you have an sp2 especially, the swingarm is a highly engineered piece that really handles high performance riding such as track day use. if you have an SP1 id do the sp2 swinger swap. it looks good and is very functional. the SSS is going to give you LESS performance.

it is also pretty labor intensive. im not sure all the ins and outs on the RC but for my VTR, it requires custom fabbed suspension linkage, a new shock, a custom exhaust header, drilling the frame, and a host of other modification to get it all to work. also keep in mind its a different length so that changes handling.

its really just for looks and if you love the look that much and dont do track days, go for it. just keep in mind only HALF of it looks cool. the other side looks like poo. just my 2 cents.

2004 Hayden SP2: Ohlins Shock, Racetek Fork Internals, OZ Piega Rims, Magura Radial MC, Radial Brake Brackets, Brembo Monoblocks, Brembo Underslung Rear Brake, GPR High Mounts, Woodcraft Rearsets, PC3 USB, Dynojet Quikshifter, Hotbodies Undertail, 520 Chain, SS Lines, Pinch Bolt Res Mount, Keyless Gas Cap & Ignition, Flapper Valve & Soft Rev Eliminated, Rizoma Bar End Mirror.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2014, 11:44 PM
ole dirt bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscobey View Post
yes but ask yourself 2 questions

1. how mechanically inclined are you

2. whats your intended use of the bike

if you have an sp2 especially, the swingarm is a highly engineered piece that really handles high performance riding such as track day use. if you have an SP1 id do the sp2 swinger swap. it looks good and is very functional. the SSS is going to give you LESS performance.

it is also pretty labor intensive. im not sure all the ins and outs on the RC but for my VTR, it requires custom fabbed suspension linkage, a new shock, a custom exhaust header, drilling the frame, and a host of other modification to get it all to work. also keep in mind its a different length so that changes handling.

its really just for looks and if you love the look that much and dont do track days, go for it. just keep in mind only HALF of it looks cool. the other side looks like poo. just my 2 cents.

he would probably do ok with track days.
after all he isnt king casey!
but it is a lot of work.
personally i wouldnt molest an rc.

politically correct post police
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-2014, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotpork View Post
he would probably do ok with track days.
after all he isnt king casey!
but it is a lot of work.
personally i wouldnt molest an rc.
he would for sure be okay for track days. but who wants to be just okay right?
im just pointing out the fact that the stock swingarm is built for track performance and the VFR swinger isnt. not a bad swingarm. just not the track type performance that RC swinger offers.

i too never liked the look of an RC with a SSS. why start detuning a race bike?
thats just my take though. i mold my bikes for optimum performance but i do realize thats not what everyone uses their bikes for.

2004 Hayden SP2: Ohlins Shock, Racetek Fork Internals, OZ Piega Rims, Magura Radial MC, Radial Brake Brackets, Brembo Monoblocks, Brembo Underslung Rear Brake, GPR High Mounts, Woodcraft Rearsets, PC3 USB, Dynojet Quikshifter, Hotbodies Undertail, 520 Chain, SS Lines, Pinch Bolt Res Mount, Keyless Gas Cap & Ignition, Flapper Valve & Soft Rev Eliminated, Rizoma Bar End Mirror.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-2014, 04:18 AM

If you ask a *can* question...answer will always be...

YES.

You mean how?

WW

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks for your support!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-2014, 07:34 PM
TOP GUN Instructor

Location: Where I >Try to LIVE< Always within the Moment of Thanksgiving to Christ Jesus, My Lord Saviour!
Question Ask John the V man IF it can be done?

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-2014, 11:15 PM

Ya, stop hating fools. Let the man dream, we should encourage everything but chrome and extended swing arms.

Even the RC 45 underwent both standard and single sided versions depending on the race application.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-20-2014, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitw wings View Post
Even the RC 45 underwent both standard and single sided versions depending on the race application , but nothing helped .
Fixed it .

THE LEGEND
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode