Temp. doesnt work on SP1 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Denmark

Temp. doesnt work on SP1

So Im having problems with the temp on my SP1. It doesnt show correctly, noticed it would jump around like 5-6c at a time, and steady around 80 while riding.

Tried letting it idle, and it would still jump around, not climbing steady in temp.
Ive had the front of the wireharness completely apart to check it, Ive checked the thermostat in boiling water, and Ive put in a new temp sensor (which I also checked by putting it in hot water while hooked onto harness - it would show correctly.

Now Ive just tried again, at idle the temp will rise slowly sometimes skipping back 1-2c, and then steady around 80c (about 20c outside), but after a while the fan comes on, so it must not measure correctly.

Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 02:04 PM
TOP GUN Instructor

Location: Where I >Try to LIVE< Always within the Moment of Thanksgiving to Christ Jesus, My Lord Saviour!
Hey LKHanberg,

I was riding My VF1000R once when this happened, although My temps. where jumping around alot more then that....

When I started looking for what was going on, I found that when I was doing some work on her earlier in the week...
I missed reinstalling 1 little Ground Wire under the seat...
Removed the bolt and reinstalled correctly this time with the ground wire in place and like Magic, it was Fixed....

Maybe you're just missing a ground wire install or maybe either Not tight enough or Clean enough?

Good luck and lets us know what You find.

Peace Jeff
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Denmark

Ive had that groundwire loose before, screwed up to throttle big time. Have already checked it, but will try and remove and clean again.

When I first noticed the problem is was while riding, and it would jump from 80-65-68-78-65-83, instant chances, so must be some kind of fault in the electrics.

Could the gauge be at fault?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 05:00 PM
TOP GUN Instructor

Location: Where I >Try to LIVE< Always within the Moment of Thanksgiving to Christ Jesus, My Lord Saviour!
Yeah, Mine was doing the samething, instant changes and my numbers were even greater since my readings are in Fahrenheit...

And trying to make it clear, this ground wire to Me, it was just a random ground wire, I don't know what all or everything it effected, but my temp gage was going crazy until I reconnected it to the Frame, I'm Not talking about the battery ground..
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
Denmark

Ill give it another go today, think I will try and bypass the PC too, and as much possible that it still runs and gives me a temp-reading
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode