Harris/Ohlins - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Harris/Ohlins

Hey I just picked is a used Harris/Ohlins steering damper top mount kit, less the damper.

I searched but can't find a definitive answer...does anyone here have the kit? If so can you tell me what model Ohlins damper came with the kit?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 10:04 PM
Gold Sponsor

Mount up the kit and then turn the steering from lock to lock. Measure the distance the damper mount on the fork, or triple, moves and you'll need a damper that has at least that stroke. Thinking a 60mm or 80mm stroke will work. Have an Ohlins damper from an MV Agusta that should work just fine.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 11:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to Luck Runs Out...
I have that on my bike. I'll measure the stroke on mine tonight. Also, you don't need to use the Harris upper fairing stay if yours didn't come with it.

'00 RC51
'05 ST1300 streetfighter
'03 YZ85 supermoto
'90 VTR250
'71 T500R

Distant thunder, cold as stone. An RC bellows from its throne. One by one, each bike succumbs. Something wicked this way comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Baldy
Young butts can take the pain
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2013, 01:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck Runs Out... View Post
I have that on my bike. I'll measure the stroke on mine tonight. Also, you don't need to use the Harris upper fairing stay if yours didn't come with it.
LRO...are you absolutely sure about the fairing stay? I was told that you need it to mount the unit. Mine did not come with it and I was just about to pull the trigger as the stay is still available and in stock at Harris.

I like the look and have no problem ordering it up but if I can get away with not having it I just may run it that way for now until I decide.

I appreciate the time LRO...I look forward to the results.

Btw could you post a few snaps of yours installed?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2013, 07:56 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to wingnutt
Wish I had another one of those damper rams. I could kit another ohlins set-up looks just like mine and D/K told me they are no-longer made.

I can measure mine if you want.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"03 RC"
and a new litter

I should REALLY wear a condum
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 01:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnutt View Post
Wish I had another one of those damper rams. I could kit another ohlins set-up looks just like mine and D/K told me they are no-longer made.

It's all good wingnutt, I spoke to LDH he has the right unit 68mm stroke great price shipped also. As for the Ohlins kit like the one you have, he thought it was a 63mm stroke unit says he has those too.

Would still like to know if the Harris fairing stay is not need to run the setup.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 01:56 AM
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnutt View Post

They may not be making them, but that doesn't mean they aren't out there......I.E. read above.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 02:48 AM

Send a message via AIM to Luck Runs Out...
Nobody- absofookinglutely sure. I've put about 12K on the bike with the damper in place and no interference. Sorry I haven't taken pics/ measured... I've been pretty well sick with a gnarly stomach bug for the past two days or so, and since my garage isn't equipped with a toilet, I dare not go out there.

'00 RC51
'05 ST1300 streetfighter
'03 YZ85 supermoto
'90 VTR250
'71 T500R

Distant thunder, cold as stone. An RC bellows from its throne. One by one, each bike succumbs. Something wicked this way comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Baldy
Young butts can take the pain
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

LRO...thanks that's great news. Hope you feel better. Being sick like that is the SHITS!.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 03:15 PM

LRO aloe vera is your freind....get well soon.

"03 RC"
and a new litter

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 03:17 PM

I could let this go (minus the ram) if it helps.
Attached Images

"03 RC"
and a new litter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode