who says there's no aftermarket for the RC?? - Page 11 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #201 of 206 (permalink) Old 09-18-2013, 05:22 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to wingnutt
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLRSKUNK View Post
I'd think about it if you through in that ohlins front off your RC

or if I didn't have an 09 R1 to pick up on Friday
Well I did put the F2 cartridge forks on it and a WP 929 rear shock

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"03 RC"
and a new litter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I should REALLY wear a condum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 206 (permalink) Old 09-18-2013, 05:28 PM

Just put RC calipers on my 919, I really like them. BTW love the AR bolt face decal
post #203 of 206 (permalink) Old 09-18-2013, 05:59 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to wingnutt
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post
Nice Tom! That was always my favorite model of VFR with the big NACA ducts on the side. I would beat somebody's ass for one of those teal green versions of that bike to add to my collection...

I've recently for the first time in 19 years started riding on the road again.
Thanks Mike, not to jack your thread but I wanted THIS particular one many years ago but he wanted $3800 firm.

Fast Forward, JETFXR sends me a craigslist ad -vfr 2K - The ad is old and figured wtf Called the guy he says hey winger hows it going! It was Nick from allpowersports I have known him forever.

So I ask him why it's still for sale ?

It doesn't run but buy it anyway 'cause it's got your RC-51 masters and crg levers on it (WHTWNGS sold me brembos years ago)and I sold them to Nick.

All it needs is carb work (sat for 3 years due to a baby) and you get all the spares.

DONE DEAL $2000.00

So at 3:00 Friday just so happened to have my truck and spare $$$ and within 1 hour It was loaded and headed for one hell of a carbjob I cannot believe how the big H wants to fukk me on bowl gaskets $32.00 each a Post on vfrworld called out a motion industries part 4 for $3.00 and they fit but are round and required finesse grease and mad skillz to get them to stay in the grooves needle/seats STUNNAS Dad is quoting oem kits at $175
per carb

So some carbwarehose in OHIO had them $13.00 a set.
Boots $13.00 each from hondaeast...
Plus I had a spare set of carbs with the bike that sat outside or something.

After 3 Quick attempts/failures at mounting the carbs I get serious with a 16 oz. mall hitting a rubber mallet on top of the ratchetstrap with warm boots from running the engine off a lawn mower tank and the front boots tight she finally seats (or as good as it was going to get) what a bitch

JETFXR loans me his bnib motion pro manometer the damn thing is out of fluid..motionpro sends me more for free
So a gallon of gas and three sessions with a hot engine plenty of carbonmonoxide
and the mix and synch is done

Runs mint @ 6000 it lifts !!!
Attached Images

"03 RC"
and a new litter

I should REALLY wear a condum

Last edited by wingnutt; 09-18-2013 at 06:34 PM.

post #204 of 206 (permalink) Old 09-18-2013, 06:02 PM
LDH

Send a message via AIM to LDH Send a message via MSN to LDH Send a message via Yahoo to LDH
Hell yea!

post #205 of 206 (permalink) Old 09-18-2013, 06:26 PM
And Stateside again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnutt View Post
Thanks Mike, not to jack your thread but I wanted THIS particular one many years ago but he wanted $3800 firm.

Blah Blah Blah
OCD much?

Quote:
Only part that matters.

(Just kidding Tom. and this is why anyone buying the bike is lucky.)
post #206 of 206 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 07:29 PM
TOP GUN Instructor

Location: Where I >Try to LIVE< Always within the Moment of Thanksgiving to Christ Jesus, My Lord Saviour!
Quote:

Fast Forward, JETFXR sends me a craigslist ad -vfr 2K - The ad is old and figured wtf Called the guy he says hey winger hows it going! It was Nick from allpowersports I have known him forever.

So I ask him why it's still for sale ?

It doesn't run but buy it anyway 'cause it's got your RC-51 masters and crg levers on it (WHTWNGS sold me brembos years ago)and I sold them to Nick.

All it needs is carb work (sat for 3 years due to a baby) and you get all the spares.

DONE DEAL $2000.00

So at 3:00 Friday just so happened to have my truck and spare $$$ and within 1 hour It was loaded and headed for one hell of a carbjob I cannot believe how the big H wants to fukk me on bowl gaskets $32.00 each a Post on vfrworld called out a motion industries part 4 for $3.00 and they fit but are round and required finesse grease and mad skillz to get them to stay in the grooves needle/seats STUNNAS Dad is quoting oem kits at $175
per carb

So some carbwarehose in OHIO had them $13.00 a set.
Boots $13.00 each from hondaeast...
Plus I had a spare set of carbs with the bike that sat outside or something.

After 3 Quick attempts/failures at mounting the carbs I get serious with a 16 oz. mall hitting a rubber mallet on top of the ratchetstrap with warm boots from running the engine off a lawn mower tank and the front boots tight she finally seats (or as good as it was going to get) what a bitch

JETFXR loans me his bnib motion pro manometer the damn thing is out of fluid..motionpro sends me more for free
So a gallon of gas and three sessions with a hot engine plenty of carbonmonoxide
and the mix and synch is done

LOL Yeah, NOT to Jack your (LEE) Thread

Hey Tom did I see you were selling this( VFR) now somewhere esle here? IF so I have to know WHY?<>WTF mang.?

Peace Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode