Speedzilla Forums banner

SP2 keys

5K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  JamesCharlie 
#1 ·
I'm picking up a 2002 RC tonight. The owner only has 1 key and I like to get an extra set of keys made before I lose the one and only.

Do these bikes have chips in the keys that need to be programed or can I just get a blank made for RC51s and get it cut to my bike at a locksmith?

Thanks in advance.

#4 ·
I've always had better luck with a reputable locksmith. Find one in your area and have them make a copy. There's no chip or any other security in the key, just need to have somebody who knows what they're doing make the copy (i.e. not Lowes or the parts boy at the dealer).

#6 ·
I've always had better luck with a reputable locksmith. Find one in your area and have them make a copy. There's no chip or any other security in the key, just need to have somebody who knows what they're doing make the copy (i.e. not Lowes or the parts boy at the dealer).
No joke. My house key doesn't even work right and it is a Kwikset lock. I have to wiggle it around so my lock turns.
:banghead:banghead

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.