SP1 exhaust question - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Member :)

SP1 exhaust question

Ok I have an 00 SP1 with Jardines. Since there are virtually no exhaust offered for this bike any more will SP2 slipons (just the collectors) fit if I find some that have the same collector inlet diameter as my Jardines link pipes do? I would then use the link pipes that came with the Jardines on the SP2 canisters/collectors.
Not a big fan of the Jardines that are on mine and there are getting to be fewer and fewer clean examples of SP1 exhausts on fleabay.
If anyone has done this and could chime in that would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 10:13 PM
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apeboy View Post
Ok I have an 00 SP1 with Jardines. Since there are virtually no exhaust offered for this bike any more will SP2 slipons (just the collectors) fit if I find some that have the same collector inlet diameter as my Jardines link pipes do? I would then use the link pipes that came with the Jardines on the SP2 canisters/collectors.
Not a big fan of the Jardines that are on mine and there are getting to be fewer and fewer clean examples of SP1 exhausts on fleabay.

click my link below i have sold tons of SP2 and SP1 mufflers and mid pipes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 06:56 AM

Quote:
sp1 headers are different from sp2 so to use sp2 pipes on your sp1
you need to use the sp2 header......i think the right hand sp2 link pipe will go on a sp1 not sure but i know one side fits and other dosnt
simon kobe maybe able to get hold of sp1 pipes for you, forget the other rubbish that is flogged here ,better to spend a little more (mabe less)
and get somthing real with real development

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Member :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzz View Post
sp1 headers are different from sp2 so to use sp2 pipes on your sp1
you need to use the sp2 header......i think the right hand sp2 link pipe will go on a sp1 not sure but i know one side fits and other dosnt
simon kobe maybe able to get hold of sp1 pipes for you, forget the other rubbish that is flogged here ,better to spend a little more (mabe less)
and get somthing real with real development
Thanks Muzz. I was actually talking about using my existing link pipes from the jardines on SP2 canisters/mufflers if they had the correct inlet diameter.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Thanks Muzz. I was actually talking about using my existing link pipes from the jardines on SP2 canisters/mufflers if they had the correct inlet diameter.
ohh well that will work too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode