Black dragon exhaust map? - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

Black dragon exhaust map?

I just got my exhaust from in from mark at black dragon, I got the low mount slips with 240mm carbon gp cans and the bike obviously needs a new map loaded in and was wondering if someone here has one? I'm gonna try and take a video of it tomorrow and post it up, it's really loud but it sounds insane, anyways, any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 03:21 AM
Currently: Moderating

Ask the guy that sold them to you. Maybe he has one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrn View Post
why don'y you do yourself a favor and put me on ignore

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Panigaliscious

Ask marge what brand he copied and get a map for that exhaust.

1985 Honda VF1000R, 1990 Ducati 851, 2008 YZ450F

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 02:41 PM
Member (Large)

Take the money you saved by buying a cheaper exhaust and have someone do a full tune on the bike.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 03:58 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to wingnutt
Quote:
Originally Posted by sburns2421 View Post
Ask marge what brand he copied and get a map for that exhaust.
it's really loud but it sounds insane

"03 RC"
and a new litter

I should REALLY wear a condum
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.miller123 View Post
Take the money you saved by buying a cheaper exhaust and have someone do a full tune on the bike.
The slip ons were $850, it's comparable to any other slip on system I found and I had my option of mufflers? Also if The ignition timing could be tuned as well as fuel I would drop the money in a second to have a full tune done but seeing as how I can't I will wait and see if someone has a map for a similar setup that I can load in and see how she runs.
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 04:37 PM

Did you say $850 ?! They must be really , really nice .

THE LEGEND
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo View Post
Did you say $850 ?! They must be really , really nice .
Lol, I like them a lot…opinions are like assholes though, everyone has one and everyone else's stinks. They are stainless mid pipes with carbon fiber cans with titanium end caps. Like I said I got these because I don't like the look of any of the other slip ons besides the ladybird's…
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 04:59 PM

"03 RC"
and a new litter

post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

see, I love the design of those I just hate the fake burnt look, in my opinion the metal should be left raw and the heat from the exhaust should do its own art work.
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 05:05 PM

"03 RC"
and a new litter

post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Those are the ones I was looking at, I couldn't justify $1200 for slips though
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 05:09 PM

LOL, this is gonna be a hell of thread.....
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefanajd View Post
Those are the ones I was looking at, I couldn't justify $1200 for slips though
I really think you need a custom map and like Brett said take the money saved and get a tune.

That goes for any aftermarket exhast

"03 RC"
and a new litter

post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuurio View Post
LOL, this is gonna be a hell of thread.....
Nah , then we'd all be assholes .

THE LEGEND
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo View Post
Nah , then we'd all be assholes .
No man, I respect all your opinions, I understand that $850 really isn't crazy money for slip ons but at the same time if I was going to spend 1200 for the ladybirds then I could have had a full exhaust for 5-600 more and since i just ride it on the street and don't do track days I really saw no point for all of that. I'm happy with what I've got for now and I guess I will have my buddy make a fuel map for me sometime over the winter months.
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
I understand that $850 really isn't crazy money for slip ons ...
Bro , I think you misunderstood my first post . I didn't mean that you spent too little ! Glad you're happy with your purchase .

THE LEGEND
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 06:01 PM
Member (Large)

Mine were only $1000 for 100% titanium slip-ons. Changing exchange rates are a bitch.

Like I said, take that $350 you saved by buying the pipes made by he who shall remain nameless and put it to good use.

post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
No man, I respect all your opinions, I understand that $850 really isn't crazy money for slip ons but at the same time if I was going to spend 1200 for the ladybirds then I could have had a full exhaust for 5-600 more and since i just ride it on the street and don't do track days I really saw no point for all of that. I'm happy with what I've got for now and I guess I will have my buddy make a fuel map for me sometime over the winter months.
Umm ... let's try to share a term called rideability smooth percise throttle responce can be appriciated in 1st gear leaving your driveway and excellent results can be had by experienced tuners.

Each cell in a map will affect different rc-51 engines in a different way. wear / valve clearances / rolling resistance (internals) and a wad of factors mean the smoooth crisp throttle we get at the hands of say hord or a few others garantee the bike is running it's best and the control a rider/racer gets is percise.

Custom map on a dyno 2 cents

"03 RC"
and a new litter

post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 07:26 PM
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnutt View Post
Umm ... let's try to share a term called rideability smooth percise throttle responce can be appriciated in 1st gear leaving your driveway and excellent results can be had by experienced tuners.

Each cell in a map will affect different rc-51 engines in a different way. wear / valve clearances / rolling resistance (internals) and a wad of factors mean the smoooth crisp throttle we get at the hands of say hord or a few others garantee the bike is running it's best and the control a rider/racer gets is percise.

Custom map on a dyno 2 cents

I agree 100% with Tom

There is a reason even the accepted top companies don't provide maps for their exhausts, too tough to make maps for every bike and their unique conditions. I have had great luck with a few generic maps and a few maps that have been modified but a custom map would always be recommended i think.

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode