sato banzai vs ladybird canisters - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

sato banzai vs ladybird canisters

i currently have the sato banzai cans, but have debated on replacing them for ladybird gp cans. how do the cans compare in weight and sound? i like the sato cans but the carbon is starting to dull out and kinda thinking i want the titanium look instead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 08:25 PM

ya know i had a set of titanium sato's on my bike and i found a set of carbon so i swapped them out and im thinking of going back to the titanium ....

the carbon is cool, but it doesnt match any of the other carbon on the bike and i think the titanium looked better too !

not that it answers your question.... but your not the only one of thinking about going to titanium over carbon....
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 11:34 PM

Didn't Simon say he's not currently making or receiving any more ladybird GP cans?

I think he said he has one full set w/ mids left for sale?

The GP cans are louder. Personally, I don't think the Satos Banzais are loud at all when I'm sitting on the bike riding. I had an M4 high mount on a CBR 600F4i before and it seemed loud compared to the beefier sound of the RC and the Satos.

There's a youtube video of a guy with Ladybird GP cans and even though cameras have crappy mic's it sounds amazing to me. (don't have the link here at work)

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 01:05 AM
Member (Large)

I think he just isn't doing the slip-ons. He still has a ton of cans on ebay: simonkobejapan | eBay

He was also selling the sato style larger round cans on here somewhere.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 01:08 PM

I'm tempted to pickup what he's offering for sale right now with the Akra mid's + pipes. After a bit of searching I found your [b.miller] YouTube vids after you put them on your bike. Some of the larger can vids of other mfr's I look at seem to have smaller outlet sizes and they don't sound as 'boomy' as my Jardine CF's do, but simon's sounded pretty close.

Personally, I'd rather have Ti over carbon now that I've had the CF set for a while.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 01:35 PM

Garage
You should go with the sato style canister he makes, it looks awesome.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

what is the inlet size on a sp2 set of banzai cans?
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-08-2011, 05:20 AM

ladybirds...

I got the ladybirds and I love them, sound is unreal and the finish and fit is awesome, Simons stuff is top notch quality...yes they are louder than the sato's but sound really nice...They look good too, cause the sato's are kinda fat and stick out a bit but the ladybirds are tucked inside real nice and look clean and make the bike look not as over weight as it really is lol!!
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

will the gp cans fit on sato banzai mids without spacers?
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-14-2011, 12:46 AM

Garage
No, but he sells the adapters for about 60 bucks I think.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-14-2011, 04:03 AM Thread Starter

no short gp cans?
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

my short gp cans came in yesterday.... holy hell this thing is loud! the cans are about half the diameter of my satos. The finish and fit is amazing, the adapters fit nice and tight too. I have noticed that my back pressure is a little low now and have lost some bottom end due to it. Nothing a tune cannot fix! The sheer noise and vibration actually knocks my camera phone over! Have to excuse my dirty ass shop, im in the middle of rearranging it

Last edited by forsaken82; 11-29-2011 at 05:30 PM.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 05:59 PM

Nice looks and the sound is fvckin good!!!
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

im very happy with the canisters, now im just bummed i have to go out of town tonight! When i rode home from the shop last night my girlfriend was at the door and said she had heard the bike for a solid 45 seconds before she saw it. These things are easily 2 times as loud as my banzai cans!
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsaken82 View Post
im very happy with the canisters, now im just bummed i have to go out of town tonight! When i rode home from the shop last night my girlfriend was at the door and said she had heard the bike for a solid 45 seconds before she saw it. These things are easily 2 times as loud as my banzai cans!
Well, call it the safety feature of the cans....
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 08:42 PM

I'm SOLD!!!

I've been on the fence about these since they came out but i think i am ready for a set if i can find some for my SP1? I guess i will have to sell or do some trading of my SATO low-mount Ti canisters for some of these? I did read that simon doesnt have any slip-ons left so,my question is what IS left that will work for my bike?I want the smaller of the round canisters in ti? but gotta keep my sato mids.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 09:05 PM Thread Starter

my gp canisters are ti. pm simon about he makes adapters to fit your mids. the cans will fit sp1 or 2
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 09:26 PM
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadrc51 View Post
question is what IS left that will work for my bike?I want the smaller of the round canisters in ti? but gotta keep my sato mids.

i can also help you out with a few options of cans and they are all custom for length, diameter, and shape

i also stock 5 sizes of adapaters that are made in the USA out of 6061 and will do custom also for less then most, if not all of the other companies FWIW

http://www.blackdragonexhaust.net/id19.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r

Last edited by mrgrn; 11-29-2011 at 10:36 PM.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 10:18 PM
Currently: Moderating

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadrc51 View Post
I did read that simon doesnt have any slip-ons left so,my question is what IS left that will work for my bike?I want the smaller of the round canisters in ti? but gotta keep my sato mids.
Don't believe everything you read. Get on the phone/PM with Simon and talk to him personally. Simon can get the best so don't get fooled by subpar parts others sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrn View Post
why don'y you do yourself a favor and put me on ignore

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 01:27 AM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode