What's up everyone.
New here from New Hampshire and I like the information I've been able to find so far on the site.
Just got a killer deal on an 01 RC51. I also have a 98 Superhawk (for sale).
As far as the RC goes, I bought it off the 2nd owner. The only thing he did to it was twin Yoshi pipes. Original owner installed PCIII usb, undertail (which is cracked), and some different paint. I haven't inspected further for soft limiter or intake duct mods or anything for that matter. Looks stock otherwise. Battery terminal cables were dangerously loose..but on the bright side there was a gel battery in there.
I do however have a few questions.
1. Should I remap for the Yoshi pipes? Bike runs strong now, but what's strong for me could be slow for you. Just trying to keep things in order.
2. The intake duct thing, I read it closes between 5 and 6krpm or whatever. Can I just remove it or disable it and are there any benefits?
3. My rear exhaust header pipe is loose on both ends. There are t-bolt clamps "holding" it in there, but they're all the way tight. Should I just get new clamps and gaskets?
4. I'm looking for some new front rotors since mine are warped from what I can tell. Reccomendations to avoid buying a used warped pair? Also looking for an OEM seat.
5. Any other free mods I am missing? I don't want to permanently alter the bike, I like the stock form very much.
of course pics or it didn't happen