Trouble in the shop - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to wingnutt
Exclamation Trouble in the shop

So, I have an issue...When I try to get ANYTHING done in the shop half the time I spend out there I just stare at it

I tried covering it...but I just pull the cover off.

I tried putting it in the back,but I feel bad and put it in the middle.

I keep it in my bedroom in winter and winter is coming so I NEED to organize my shop

But all I ever get done is empty cans of HONDA polish.

Anyone else have this issue
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"03 RC"
and a new litter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I should REALLY wear a condum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 08:06 PM
Behind In His Steering...

We don't really have winter here in Florida, and my bikes like to stay in the garage and watch stuff on SPEED together.....

2000 RC51 ~ 2014 Duc Multistrada~2013 Corvette Grand Sport
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 01:54 AM

T-r-o-u-b-l-e

No trouble here in Tejas. You don't have issues or trouble.....just great sense. Here's mine.
Attached Images

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 02:44 AM

Crap!

Sorry guys didn't mean to make such a large pic.Hope this is better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkti View Post
No trouble here in Tejas. You don't have issues or trouble.....just great sense. Here's mine.
Attached Images

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 03:12 PM

Shit , it's time for winter hibernation pics already ?

THE LEGEND
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 05:27 AM
Behind In His Steering...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo View Post
Shit , it's time for winter hibernation pics already ?
Not for us Floridians!

2000 RC51 ~ 2014 Duc Multistrada~2013 Corvette Grand Sport
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 10:41 PM

I have the same problem. I'd like to put it in my spare bedroom for winter, but I have some issues with a full tank of fuel inside my house. It's been in a insulated (but not heated) garage for one winter. It'll be alright for another.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 12:12 AM
TOP GUN Instructor

Location: Where I >Try to LIVE< Always within the Moment of Thanksgiving to Christ Jesus, My Lord Saviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair View Post
I have the same problem. I'd like to put it in my spare bedroom for winter, but I have some issues with a full tank of fuel inside my house.
It's been in a insulated (but not heated) garage for one winter. It'll be alright for another.
Hey Corsair,

IMHO... You shouldn't have an issue with a "full tank of fuel" in your house.... Think about it, (IF You have an attached garage like I do) It is only
acouple of rooms away from where You want it, to where it is in the garage now... Yes/No?

After my 2cents above/\: IF You still can't bring yourself to bring Her into Your house...? Then do as I did! Read below:\/

I've got an Easy FIX for you brother, Especially since you've got an insulated garage! What I did was I tapped into my duct work in the ceilling
and I ran (2)>>> AC\Heating ducts into my garage....
Which means, it is Awesome in my garage 10 out of 12 months of the year!

I hope this Helps..

Peace Jeff
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVTMAVERICK View Post
Hey Corsair,

IMHO... You shouldn't have an issue with a "full tank of fuel" in your house.... Think about it, (IF You have an attached garage like I do) It is only
acouple of rooms away from where You want it, to where it is in the garage now... Yes/No?

After my 2cents above/\: IF You still can't bring yourself to bring Her into Your house...? Then do as I did! Read below:\/

I've got an Easy FIX for you brother, Especially since you've got an insulated garage! What I did was I tapped into my duct work in the ceilling
and I ran (2)>>> AC\Heating ducts into my garage....
Which means, it is Awesome in my garage 10 out of 12 months of the year!

I hope this Helps..

Peace Jeff

dude that is a MASSIVE NONO... i can't believe you thought that was a good idea.

you can't connect the hvac in your house to the garage, PERIOD. if an inspector ever saw that he'd lose it.

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 09:55 AM
Currently: Moderating

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbly View Post
dude that is a MASSIVE NONO... i can't believe you thought that was a good idea.

you can't connect the hvac in your house to the garage, PERIOD. if an inspector ever saw that he'd lose it.
Holmes on Homes would NEVER approve that. Kinda like accidental suicide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrn View Post
why don'y you do yourself a favor and put me on ignore

post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 02:59 PM

As everyone already knows from countless discussions , the idea of storing an empty steel fuel tank for months has become a 'no no' b/c of the concern that it'll rust . A few years ago I decided to contact those who would know about long-term moto storage -- the Barber and Solvang museums . They graciously returned my emails quickly and stated that a modern steel tank in good condition would not rust as long as all the fuel is out (to eliminate fuel separation) , and there isn't too much temp variation in the room to cause condensation . My CB50R (Dream 50R) has been on display in my house for 3 years with an empty tank and there's no sign at all of rust . I check it periodically with a flashlight -- easy 'cause it's small and shallow -- and it's perfect .

THE LEGEND
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 04:16 PM

Regarding storage of an a empty tank, I've got one around here that I've stored for quite awhile with no problem, I just sloshed around some Rustlick 631 in it then let it dry out completely. The rustlick film left behind is easily washed out later with gasoline.

I used it on the bare 4130 steel of my airplane fuselage as I built it up. Everytime I finished welding on it, I would put the rustlick on it after it cooled and after 10 years it still looked perfect. It really payed off when it came time to beadblast the thing for powdercoating. I also use it on all my machinery to keep rust from forming.

ITW Chemin - Home
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to wingnutt
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo View Post
as everyone already knows from countless discussions , the idea of storing an empty steel fuel tank for months has become a 'no no' b/c of the concern that it'll rust . A few years ago i decided to contact those who would know about long-term moto storage -- the barber and solvang museums . They graciously returned my emails quickly and stated that a modern steel tank in good condition would not rust as long as all the fuel is out (to eliminate fuel separation) , and there isn't too much temp variation in the room to cause condensation . My cb50r (dream 50r) has been on display in my house for 3 years with an empty tank and there's no sign at all of rust . I check it periodically with a flashlight -- easy 'cause it's small and shallow -- and it's perfect .
pictures please !!!

"03 RC"
and a new litter

I should REALLY wear a condum
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 05:04 PM

^ Of the Dream or the inside of its tank ?! LOL . I'll take a few pics of the little beast when I get time . On the road , so won't be home for a while .

THE LEGEND
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 08:11 PM
LDH

Send a message via AIM to LDH Send a message via MSN to LDH Send a message via Yahoo to LDH
No I have too many other things to do to just stare at my bikes anymore...

post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post

Brunswick Stew?
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 06:21 PM
calculating status...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace View Post
Not for us Floridians!

I'm sorry.

post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 06:24 PM
calculating status...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair View Post
I have the same problem. I'd like to put it in my spare bedroom for winter, but I have some issues with a full tank of fuel inside my house. It's been in a insulated (but not heated) garage for one winter. It'll be alright for another.
Correct me if I've got this wrong, you're storing your bike for multiple years with gas in the entire system?

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 06:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to drsus
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post

meh, no rock climbing, stand up paddle, cycling pictures? slacker
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RxRC View Post
Correct me if I've got this wrong, you're storing your bike for multiple years with gas in the entire system?
Oh, no! I meant that I had stored the RC in an unheated insulated garage for one winter, and not bringing it in the house for the (next upcoming) winter isn't going to kill it. It gets a fresh tank of 91 Non-Ethanol gas from Kwik Trip and a shot of STABIL before getting put away for five months at a time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode