Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums (https://www.speedzilla.com/forums/)
-   Honda RC51 (https://www.speedzilla.com/forums/honda-rc51/)
-   -   Hrc (un)obtanium suzuka tailights (https://www.speedzilla.com/forums/honda-rc51/66509-hrc-un-obtanium-suzuka-tailights.html)

9hondas 10-08-2011 04:44 AM

That is really nice work. I like the hugger too how it flares up art the rear.

Mondial429 10-11-2011 02:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by b.miller123 (Post 683893)
Wow, They look great on there! That exhaust is crap though, I'll send you address and take it off your hands for you.

Oh, and I still need some dimensions if you are able. Mainly just the length from the 90 degree corner to the rear tip and side tip. I'm graduating in December, so I will finally have some time to tinker with things.

Here is a pic for you.
I hope this is what you're wanting.
If not, let me know, and i'll see what else i can do.
Cheers.

5.4 speedster 03-28-2012 04:50 PM

bump for updates

5.4 speedster 08-29-2012 08:37 PM

bump!! any updates? Id really love to have a tail like this

thatkindasux 08-31-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5.4 speedster (Post 721513)
bump!! any updates? Id really love to have a tail like this

would like to purchase a tail like this..

5.4 speedster 11-14-2012 11:33 PM

bump
bump
bump
bump

10/10ths 11-30-2012 04:37 AM

Bumpity..

...bump...bump.

5.4 speedster 05-14-2013 06:02 PM

any updates mondial?

LKHanberg 05-22-2013 05:26 PM

Just noticed the rear sets, what brand are those?

20_RC51_00 06-22-2013 04:22 PM

would you be able to post some measurements of those light assemblies?
I have ambitions of trying to recreate them for a stock tail section.

Is it the subframe rails that limit the lights from being closer to the midline?

Any more pics of how your progressing?

I would really be interested in some day night pics with the lights in function!

Thanks!

20_RC51_00 08-01-2013 05:02 PM

Bump

Any progress?

Mondial429 11-10-2013 08:27 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone.
I know i've been very quiet of late about this.
But i have been working very hard in the background to finally come up with this.

RC51Stunna 11-10-2013 10:09 AM

Nice work Nick! Super glad you were the one to get these lights that I helped discover, you have really been doing them justice with the complete & proper install and now digital recreation for future replication.

Maybe someday a full line of all the most important HRC parts will be available as replicas to build a full HRC RC to anyone that has the resources to do so, like shelby cobra kit cars for example.

Its been done with the old RC174, and each one of the (6) he sold went for like a half million or so. Wouldn't be unreasonable to do the same with the old VTR1000SP2 if someone cared enough to invest in all the tooling and R&D expense to reverse engineer all the unobtanium parts.

The Joy of Six... (cylinders) - Honda Six - Page 7 - Features - Visordown

Stunna

duckhunter 51 11-10-2013 06:26 PM

Working on my own design as well, modeled after the Magical Racing tail and under-tail I got off Simon.

Stuck on the lights - which I have been asking about. ;)

Mondial429 11-10-2013 10:15 PM

Duckhunter.
As you can see by the modelling scans, things are happening.
Sorry to have not replied to you sooner.
This project has become a bit of a monster & a labour of time & effort on my part to recreate these the best possible way i can.

Bottom line: I will not produce a product & say it's good enough.
It's either right on the money or it's not going to happen. I'm a little AR like.
This project has become to important to me.
And believe me, you're not the only one asking about this.

5.4 speedster 11-11-2013 03:39 PM

I am so glad to see that this project is going strong!! I will be the first one to buy a tail or two if they become a reality. What tail dimensions are you using for this project? Are you using stock? Maybe the slightly taller Catalyst Racing version?

20_RC51_00 11-11-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckhunter 51 (Post 868986)
Working on my own design as well, modeled after the Magical Racing tail and under-tail I got off Simon.

Stuck on the lights - which I have been asking about. ;)

lol that makes a few of us! Have been planning and working for months, all being a learning process with relative failures until recently. :rolleyes:

Mine will be a modified version suited for more of a street application to give the look but not the exact copy.

Also searching for the right LED's to light everything. Also considering integrating some amber LED's for signal light function but not sure about that yet...

Keep up the good work Mondial! looking forward to seeing your result. Will even consider buying whether or not mine are done:D

sbk_drew 11-12-2013 07:37 PM

Mondial, how did you scan the tail section? What software and/or equipment did you use?

Mondial429 11-12-2013 11:49 PM

The guy that's helping me out with this project does digital 3D scanning.
I gave him 2 ductails to scan, and the pics you see are the end result so far.
He's also helping me with the full replication of the tail lights as well.
I'm hoping to have a first prototype sample by the end of the year.
The idea is to get everything 3D printed as a complete tailsection with the lights.
I asked the guys that i'm working with on this to give me a complete unit that will bolt up just like an OEM ductail.
So, as you can see, i'm putting a lot of time and money into this.
Let's see how it goes.

donkey 11-13-2013 12:57 AM

Would be great to get one of these.

With my current aftermarket undertail (not sure what brand), the brake lights and turn signals can barely be seen, and I can't come up with a decent solution.