Ladybird GP cans vs Satos - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 06:45 AM Thread Starter

Ladybird GP cans vs Satos

I'm currently running Sato low mounts and have always liked the Ladybird cans (At least the looks of them).

How do they compare? Are the overly loud? Any hp benifits?

I see Sato also offers a GP style can, but advises against its use on the RC51. Whats up with that?

Sato GP link:
http://www.satoracing.com/exhaustsystems.htm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

03 RC51
04 CRF450R Supermoto

Last edited by Doughnut Spaghetti; 06-07-2011 at 07:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 07:26 AM
Is Standing Behind You

+1

Im interested to see the feedback as im about to pull the pin on a set of LBP. Im currently running Yoshi S/S, happy with the sound. But from what i hear the LBP have a deeper sound like the extinct Sato's

The Best Thing About Pain,
It Lets You Know You're Still Alive!!

"To those who judge me, have mercy upon my soul,
for i have walked a sinful path, in my quest for clarity"

Aussie Rider with 05 SP2. Dassualt, PCIII,
Smoked d/bubble, Corbin, Flapper, Smoked h/light Covers.
Devil eye conversion. Yoshi RS3, Flush mounts, Magical Racing C/F Hugger.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMan View Post
Im interested to see the feedback as im about to pull the pin on a set of LBP. Im currently running Yoshi S/S, happy with the sound. But from what i hear the LBP have a deeper sound like the extinct Sato's
And they are works of art

03 RC51
04 CRF450R Supermoto

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 04:06 PM
TOP GUN Instructor

Location: Where I >Try to LIVE< Always within the Moment of Thanksgiving to Christ Jesus, My Lord Saviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughnut Spaghetti View Post
I'm currently running Sato low mounts and have always liked the Ladybird cans (At least the looks of them).

How do they compare? Are the overly loud? Any hp benifits?

I see Sato also offers a GP style can, but advises against its use on the RC51. Whats up with that?

Sato GP link:
SATO RACING Exhaust Systems

They're(Sato) concerned that with SO MUCH Exhaust HEAT coming out of Our V-TWIN engines, that it Will actually Burn a Hole in the Ti Canister(s)!

Peace Jeff
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 04:14 PM
chimp on my shoulder

Send a message via Yahoo to johnyisthedevil
they are freakin loud! glorious, but loud. a lot more than even the Banzais. some would say they are too loud for street use, and they are probably right. on the other side of that I've never heard anybody complain about it, but people flag me down all of the time because they love the sound. even got pulled over by the local constabulary because he wanted to know what I was riding and why it didn't sound like any sport bike he'd ever seen. passed along his compliments and sent me about my way. I think the looks can't be beat. it is a bit obnoxious though.

as far as HP difference it's prolly negligible. first session on track I ran with them I was hittin the limiter on occasion. felt like maybe a little gain up top, but I have no dyno proof. so let's call it even between the two, cause it sure didn't loose any pull any where.

and for Sato not recommending them for twins. it's probably one part noise and one part destruction. there isn't a lot of packing in there to dampen the pulses, heat and sound waves. I've heard stories of carbon gp cans getting blown out by twins, but have never seen it happen to quality ones. I would still er on the safe side and get titanium no matter what brand you get, and repack them fairly often.

06 rc51 banzai/Simons, pcIII,ohlins... the usual
94 vfr 750 cafe project
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 12:45 AM

Garage
Good input here.. as soon as I get my RC back on the road I want to buy a set of these cans with sato adapters for my midpipes. Loud is good on a twin(or a single) .
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 11:17 AM

I tried the LB cans for a month or so. They are amazingly loud, truly musical but... After a few weeks of riding the constant exhaust noise got to be a "bit" much.

People in cars riding next to me in traffic were plugging their ears when I paced them literally plugging their ears.

The Sato cans I feel are just more suited to me. Loud as hell when I want them to be and milder when I'm not really getting on it.

They LB cans certainly look bad ass!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 01:23 PM
TOP GUN Instructor

Location: Where I >Try to LIVE< Always within the Moment of Thanksgiving to Christ Jesus, My Lord Saviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobsRC51 View Post
I tried the LB cans for a month or so. They are amazingly loud, truly musical but... After a few weeks of riding the constant exhaust noise got to be a "bit" much.

People in cars riding next to me in traffic were plugging their ears when I paced them literally plugging their ears.

The Sato cans I feel are just more suited to me. Loud as hell when I want them to be and milder when I'm not really getting on it.

They LB cans certainly look bad ass!

You see, this IS what SUX about exhaust pipes like these.... IF people are pluging their ears as you drive by... IMHO This means They Are Way..... WAY TOO LOUD!

Other then ON the Race Track: For the Life of me, I'll Never understand Why anyone would want their MC so LOUD.... ?

Plus, if anyone here is like "Me" I ride My RC51 to the Mountains on MC Trips\vacations and We go into other States.... Depending upon where You are and where you are going>>> You very well could get Scewed by the Police/laws of said state(s)... Yes/NO?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVTMAVERICK View Post
You see, this IS what SUX about exhaust pipes like these.... IF people are pluging their ears as you drive by... IMHO This means They Are Way..... WAY TOO LOUD!

Other then ON the Race Track: For the Life of me, I'll Never understand Why anyone would want their MC so LOUD.... ?

Plus, if anyone here is like "Me" I ride My RC51 to the Mountains on MC Trips\vacations and We go into other States.... Depending upon where You are and where you are going>>> You very well could get Scewed by the Police/laws of said state(s)... Yes/NO?
I agree.

And yeah depending were you are law enforcement is probably going to notice you much more.

I do like the look of them, but the noise has always been an issue with me. Look at what happen in California. Not trying to blame those Harley guys, but I'm just saying. I'm sure it had a lot to do with it.

Heck, here in Michigan we got packs of them downtown (I live in the capital of Michigan), protesting against helmet laws. I say sure go ahead and let them ride with no helmet. If they want to sign a waiver saying they are responsible for there own actions let em. I personally don't want my insurance rates to go up because they don't want to wear a helmet so they go look "cool".

03 RC51
04 CRF450R Supermoto
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Gold Sponsor

i have owned multiple sets of both.

I still own 6 sets of Ladybirds and one set of sato's. i had the Ti sato's and they are fine and i loved my carbon sato GP's but they started to melt on my R1. I now have since put BD cans on and have been fine.

can't say much about either other then they are high end sound great!

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 03:58 PM
And Stateside again...

I like my GP can and when you are riding it it really isn't that bad. if you are directly behind me it is loud but at 5000k RPM cruising down the highway it isn't Horrible.

I have a BD can(stainless) on a Jardine 2-1 Full system. I like it. for Touring duty I would like to have a Full size can.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 03:28 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to firstcherokeekid
Well I have had both and I prefer the GP cans. I really did not notice that much of a difference in loudness from the banzai cans to the gp's.

If it has tits or tires, it's bound to be trouble!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode