MRGRN Billet Clutch Slave - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-15-2011, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

MRGRN Billet Clutch Slave

I just installed my clutch slave yesterday.

Not used to the feel, the pull changed so much that I thought it wasn't working ( I was cussing and swearing LOL), until I changed gears.

Holly Crap! It really made a huge difference. Hopefully my days of sore wrist are over.

The only issue I had was leaking from the banjo bolt which was remedied by using two copper washers (generally on us one), and it seems to have stopped the problem.

I got clear silver and it also looks pretty trick. I'll post some pics when I get home.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

03 RC51
04 CRF450R Supermoto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-15-2011, 04:43 PM

You know you are going to get a shit storm of rants from his haters right? Just a heads up.

Don't worry your dogs/cats too are safe ...FOR NOW
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-15-2011, 04:59 PM
And Stateside again...

Glad to hear it made a huge difference. i was skeptical as i have not really seen anyone post feedback on it(except mark). and well he is the one that sells them so they have to be magical(I have no problems with mark).

Post pics so we can check it out.

Do you have a hydro clutch on your CRF450? if not get one. They are freaking awesome for tight tracks were you need to downshift and slip the clutch a lot. I loved mine.

post #4 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-15-2011, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLRSKUNK View Post
Do you have a hydro clutch on your CRF450? if not get one. They are freaking awesome for tight tracks were you need to downshift and slip the clutch a lot. I loved mine.
I thought about getting one. But, on the other hand I really like the feel I get from the cable set up on it. Kinda funny, some people on here swap their hydros out for cable set ups and in the sumo world it's the opposite. My biggest gripe about hydros is the heavy pull I had on my RC that after awhile would really give me some serious arm pump.

I've been on the look out for awhile for a solution and Mark had one. The other was spending a huge amount of money on a cable conversion which I can't justify spending at the moment.

I've personally never had any problems with the guy. Obviously some people do on here so like 3Stripes said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stripes View Post
You know you are going to get a shit storm of rants from his haters right? Just a heads up.
Yes I do

03 RC51
04 CRF450R Supermoto
post #5 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-15-2011, 05:11 PM
And Stateside again...

I know. It's kinda funny how that works. I don't think it has to do with one system being better than the other(what they do is the same). I honestly think it is all about the Bling factor. (now I am sure someone is gonna say it isn't Cable is better/ or hydro is better/ blah blah blah I don't really care. lol)
post #6 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-15-2011, 05:33 PM
Member (Large)

hate hate hate hate hate

just doing my part

post #7 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-15-2011, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Pic:

03 RC51
04 CRF450R Supermoto
post #8 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-15-2011, 09:26 PM
And Stateside again...

I like your modded sprocket cover. but seriously it looks good.
post #9 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-16-2011, 08:19 AM
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLRSKUNK View Post
Glad to hear it made a huge difference. i was skeptical as i have not really seen anyone post feedback on it(except mark). and well he is the one that sells them so they have to be magical(I have no problems with mark).

the larger bore slave has been made by a few companies(i have them all) and it has been a charm on many a 2004 CBR1000rr as well as my RC30 and RC51 for years. I am surprised there are not more 51 buyers of these as they do make a big difference in the pull IMO

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #10 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-16-2011, 08:20 AM
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughnut Spaghetti View Post
I just installed my clutch slave yesterday.

Not used to the feel, the pull changed so much that I thought it wasn't working ( I was cussing and swearing LOL), until I changed gears.

Holly Crap! It really made a huge difference. Hopefully my days of sore wrist are over.

The only issue I had was leaking from the banjo bolt which was remedied by using two copper washers (generally on us one), and it seems to have stopped the problem.

I got clear silver and it also looks pretty trick. I'll post some pics when I get home.

Glad to hear it worked out well and you are happy.

Thanks again for the support i appreciate it

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #11 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-16-2011, 02:44 PM
Gold Sponsor

[quote=Doughnut Spaghetti;660251]IThe only issue I had was leaking from the banjo bolt which was remedied by using two copper washers (generally on us one), and it seems to have stopped the problem.[quote]

Mark, it this normal? My reason for asking is I just bought one.

Fast bike slow rider
post #12 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-16-2011, 07:55 PM
Gold Sponsor

[quote=Waldo;660371][quote=Doughnut Spaghetti;660251]IThe only issue I had was leaking from the banjo bolt which was remedied by using two copper washers (generally on us one), and it seems to have stopped the problem.
Quote:

Mark, it this normal? My reason for asking is I just bought one.
This is the first i have heard of it and i am unsure how this could have happened, or to be honest how the second washed could fix it but if it worked amen

if it is a issue i have no issues 1000% on making it right and i would not worry about it i have sold many of these and all of them are still on bikes years later.

I have a couple left at this price as well as 2 sets of billet clip-ons. I can slso do a package deal for two or more of these and or a set of clips and slave combined

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r

Last edited by mrgrn; 04-16-2011 at 09:34 PM.
post #13 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 06:22 PM
Gold Sponsor

You shouldn't double up crush washers they do make 2 diffrent thickness crush washers for banjo bolts.

post #14 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 06:28 PM
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR400RR View Post
You shouldn't double up crush washers they do make 2 diffrent thickness crush washers for banjo bolts.

semantical

honestly it can't make a difference if tightened properly excpet for the anal

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #15 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR400RR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrn View Post
semantical

mrleen with his failpost analysis yet again!

03 RC51 - 135whp via lots of stickers and a few parts. tuned by hord
post #16 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 08:20 AM
Gold Sponsor

don't know what toolbag said but a free bump i will take

a couple of these left

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #17 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 01:45 PM
ole dirt bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrn View Post
semantical

yeah, what could it hurt?keeps the fluid company in business.

politically correct post police
post #18 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 02:31 PM
TOP GUN Instructor

Location: Where I >Try to LIVE< Always within the Moment of Thanksgiving to Christ Jesus, My Lord Saviour!
For me the pull is NO big deal... as I am Very Strong... I swapped Mine out for Thorsten's Cable Clutch 100%
for the "FEEL" and Nothing else. However, the side benefit of the COOL Bling Factor is nice too... HAHAhaa

OH I forgot to mention, beside an incredible amount of feel, "clutch lever pull" IS now Super Light as well! Sheasss
How could I for get to mention that...

Last edited by RVTMAVERICK; 05-17-2011 at 02:41 PM. Reason: forgot to mention side another benefit of how light the pull is!
post #19 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 02:45 PM
ole dirt bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVTMAVERICK View Post
For me the pull is NO big deal... as I am Very Strong... I swapped Mine out for Thorsten's Cable Clutch 100%
for the "FEEL" and Nothing else. However, the side benefit of the COOL Bling Factor is nice too... HAHAhaa

OH I forgot to mention, beside an incredible amount of feel, "clutch lever pull" IS now Super Light as well! Sheasss
How could I for get to mention that...
this may be my answer also.

politically correct post police
post #20 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVTMAVERICK View Post
I swapped Mine out for Thorsten's Cable
I wanted to go that route, but don't have the funds at the moment. I have to admit, I'm envious of that mod.

It's funny because, on supermoto's everyone is trying to add hydraulic clutches and ditch the cable ones. I personally like the cable clutches over the hydro for the same reason you described. So, the cable clutch stays on the crf450r.

Don't know if anyone thought of this, but it may be possible to modify a sv650 clutch slave to work on an RC51 as a cheap cable clutch mod.

It comes as a unit that just bolts to the engine.

03 RC51
04 CRF450R Supermoto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode