Seattle 100 Sponsorship...Racing Towards A Cure For Kidney Disease - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 10:22 AM

Seattle 100 Sponsorship...Racing Towards A Cure For Kidney Disease

Hello all,
I am participating in a track day event here in Seattle with the goal of raising $100,000 to be donated to The Nephcure Foundation, a non-profit organization established in 1999 with the goal finding a cause and cure for Nephrotic Syndrome and FSGS. One ot the owners of 2-Fast, the track day organizer, has a son who was diagnosed with Nephrotic Syndrome at age 10 months. For the last two years he has organized these events, with this year being the third annual Seattle 100. Last years event raised over $70,000 in donations and was featured on Speed Channel's Two Wheel Tuesday. This year, Speed Channel is covering the event again and Jake Zemke (American Honda) and Jason DiSalvo (Team Yamaha Motorsports) are expected to be in attendance and last month it was revealed that Miguel Duhamel has been invited and talks are ongoing to get him to make an appearance as well.

I am attending this event and am raising donations to that end. The organizers want each participant to collect a minimum of $500 in donations prior to the day of the event. These donations are tax-deductible and will go directly to The Nephcure Foundation. I am pledging $100 myself and have gotten my employer involved as well as some folks that I ride with, people from work, and friends and family. I would also like to ask for donations from you folks for a truly worthy cause. These donations can be made directly to me via PayPal or can be mailed using check or money order made out the The Nephcure Foundation.

I know that sending money to someone that you've never met is not something you would normally do. I understand that these days there is a scam a minute looking to seperate you from your cash. I promise that isn't the case here. I have provided links below that will take you to the event organizers site (2-Fast) and to The Nephcure Foundation as well. I hope that you will take a moment to look at these sites and make a decision to donate to a worthy cause. I have also provided my own contact info below so that you can contact me directly if you have questions about your donations.

Please consider what I've asked here and if you're able please donate. This is a good cause and I know that I always feel a little better about myself when I know I have done something to help someone else. I hope that you will too.

Thank you,
Mike Coomer

Seattle 100 for The Nephcure Foundation
The Nephcure Foundation

Phone: 206-650-3125
PayPal Donations: [email protected]

Donate by mail:
M. Coomer
118 243rd Pl SE
Sammamish, WA

Modified by mcoomer at 11:37 AM 6/2/2005
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 05:51 PM

Something that I forgot to mention....if you decide to make a donation online at the Nephcure Foundation website please use the comment form to provide my name and specify that you are making a donation to sponsor me in the Seattle 100.

Thank you again.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode