Tickets arrived - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 01:33 PM

Tickets arrived

recieved my GP tickets yesterday in the mail, best thing is they sent me an extra pair of parade lap tickets, 5 weeks until i leave for sunny California
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 02:00 PM

Re: Tickets arrived (JJSRC51)

Would you be interested in selling one of your parade lap tickets ? I wasn't able to get one when I ordered my tickets.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 02:49 PM

Cool, I will keep a look out for my tickets now.

Never done a parade lap, but it really doesn't that great too me. Out there with a thousand other people, going 15 mph, probably half of them laying crap down on the track.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 03:04 PM

You just got your tix? I got mine about a month ago... I didn't think the mail was that slow to WA
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 03:25 PM

Re: Tickets arrived (ebnash)

The Parade lap is hardly 15 mph. The groups are lead out by CHP on bikes with about 200 in each group. There are only two rules to follow,#1 you cannot pass the CHP bikes ( good luck even trying, they sprint out at over 100mph to stretch out the group ) and #2 No Wheelies ( Ha Ha Ha ). If you space yourself out a little you can take several turns faster then you should. It's a lot of fun if you've never been on the track itself !
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 08:15 PM

Ya, i might be up for selling the extra parade lap tickets, any takers for both of them
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 09:28 PM

I have not gotten my tickets yet
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 12:55 AM

Re: Tickets arrived (rc51rob851)

If you go on the parade lap, please try to avoid making a fool of yourself. I'll never forget the squid from two years ago at the superbike race. He brought his drag bike, complete with wheelie bars to the parade lap. He was wearing shorts and tennis shoes, no gloves. At the crest of the mainstraight, just after turn 1, he decided to entertain the fans on the hill above turn 2. He lit up the bike and lost control at about 50mph. He and the bike separated company and he slid about 65 feet, the skin and meat on his hands and right leg lubricated his slide. To mixed cheers and laughter, he limped to his bike (broken windshield, fairing and small bits), picked it up and headed to the exit at turn 5. I presume he reported to the medical tent before shock set in.
If you want to experience the track, buy a track day. It is much more satisfying and far safer.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 01:09 AM

Re: Tickets arrived (RCXTC)

Yeah I heard about some dickhead at VIR trying to be the hero and took out like 5 bikes in a turn. I'd watch out for that thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode