SP1 to SP2 Swingarm Swap Document. - Page 2 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 02:08 PM
Mr E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
OK I just finished an eight hour graveyard shift and I think my head is clear so let me take a shot at this.

I have a SP1. I want to put a SP2 swing arm in my SP1. I have not measured anything but just taking a guess here. The SP2 pivot bolt is smaller in diameter then the SP1. This would be the reason for the spacer in the back of the motor. The reason others have done this and it has worked was they had all the SP2 hardware. The SP2 hardware screws into the frame. The SP2 hardware then centers and supports the smaller pivot bolt so the swingarm does not move around. If you do not have the spacer in the back of the motor, the motor could still move around.

That is my understanding for the needed spacer in the back of the motor. I would bet that the collars in the swingarm are also smaller. They may not press against the motor very well without the spacer.

Exactly, you could bolt the swingarm in without the spacer but the engine would not be supported by anything, you must put the spacer in.

In fact you need all the hardware bolt/spacer/collars/ ect the the whole SP2 Kit to do it properly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SP1, No.1 - 2000 SP1 (SP2 Engine) Scorpion Cans, Yoshimura Link Pipes, R&G Exhaust Hangers, Pazzo Levers, Race Bodywork, De-flappere'd, 520 Chain , Soft Rev Mod, Q-Gears Removed, DT1 Air Filters

SP1, No.2 - 2000 SP1, Power Commander PCIII, Deflappere'd, K&N Air Filters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Big Thymer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewax View Post
Exactly, you could bolt the swingarm in without the spacer but the engine would not be supported by anything, you must put the spacer in.

In fact you need all the hardware bolt/spacer/collars/ ect the the whole SP2 Kit to do it properly
Yup, that's the definitive answer. Thanks for clarifying everyone. I will tweak the document and repost.

Thanks everyone! Ride safe!

Update as of 03.21.10: docs have been edited, and a white background version added.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bensexcessbikes; 03-21-2010 at 04:50 PM.
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 12:13 PM

I am finally getting around to installing a 03 swingarm in a 00 frame. I am a little confused at this point. Old swingarm and related parts have been removed. I went to put the new swingarm in but the below parts are too small to screw into the frame. What am I missing?

Part Number: 52108-MCF-D30
Description: BOLT, R. for 2002 Honda RVT1000R

Part Number: 52109-MCF-D30
Description: BOLT, L. for 2002 Honda RVT1000R

Fast bike slow rider

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 08:36 PM

I did some measuring and the old SP1 parts are 36mm. The parts list says the new are supposed to be 36mm. I'm not sure what came with the swingarm I bought. They measure at 28mm.

New parts on order.

Fast bike slow rider
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 01:55 AM

Anybody still monitoring this post?
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 01:57 AM

I'm in the middle of doing this swap as we speak. The rear exhaust tube has to be removed in order to pull the sp1 swingarm off. But my concern at this point is that I have all original SP2 Hardware sleeve everything and when I put it all together static just on the swingarm before installation I have a fat eighth inch of play from side to side. My question is will the frame and swingarm compress enough to take out that play and if so which side is the sleeve supposed to go in on?
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 09:25 AM

Great Post shared . .
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 06:51 PM

Thanks for your replies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode