Rookie WON!!!!! CCS/FUSA at Summit Point - Page 2 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 09:52 PM

Re: Rookie WON!!!!! CCS/FUSA at Summit Point (superbike2001)

He is one of our own...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 09:53 PM

Re: Rookie WON!!!!! CCS/FUSA at Summit Point (Rookie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rookie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks man, I got to hand it to the Crew Chief though, Todd did all the work all weekend, all I had to do was show up and ride, which made things pretty nice. He spent all his time hobling around on a bum ankle taking care of the bike and getting it ready to go for every practice and race. Good pointers and advise all weekend too. Thanks again bro.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

When I grow up, I want to be just like you....

BTW, Mary wants your autograph!!!
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 09:57 PM

Re: Rookie WON!!!!! CCS/FUSA at Summit Point (cehowardrc51)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cehowardrc51 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

When I grow up, I want to be just like you....
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ceh if you grow up any more you'll have to give up your toys, and I know that aint gonna happen

post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 11:23 PM

Hey.. You forgot to mention the zx-6 that was ON FIRE in t-1.. Right in the middle of the turn! That was the GTO race that was red flagged 3 times!
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 11:42 PM

Great write up Rookie!

Its funny after my first Summit track day a month ago I can just picture exactly what you were talking about!!!! Wheelie ontop of turn 4, the drive outta 10!!! Thats what its all about! Sounds like you had a blast but Im sure you are beat racing in all those classes.

cya
ian
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 12:55 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by superbike2001 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey.. You forgot to mention the zx-6 that was ON FIRE in t-1.. Right in the middle of the turn! That was the GTO race that was red flagged 3 times! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats true, This weekend, I found myself doing 140mph quickly approaching a pretty green ZX6R laying in the middle of turn 1 with flames rising about 3 feet off the ground, very interesting first race. Not to be outdone we had to come into turn 2 the next time around to find a bike laying in the middle of the track and three turns later another lying in the middle of the turn 5 exit on the same lap . That damn race never did finish after three or four different starts Later that day I got to come up on a ike that had been completely broken in half at the bottom of turn 4. The swingarm and wheel were laying aginst the wall and the rest of the bike was up on the hill next to the cornerworker tower.

There was plenty of good crashing going on on Sat/Sun. Hell one guy ran strait off of 10 taking someone else with him, he drove strait into the wall sending his bike about 30 feet in the air, unfortunately, he got a helicopter ride.
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 03:42 AM

Way to go man!!!! I know every one is stoked reading this!!!
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 06:17 AM

Re: Rookie WON!!!!! CCS/FUSA at Summit Point (ccaddy)

Way to go Darin, you finished them all and came away with a mit full of points and a win. Excellent work, keep it up (literally, you don't get points if you don't finish, don't ask me how I know).
Hoov.

I brought home my "new to me" bike today!
It's a fully prepped and hard ridden GSX-R 750, I can't wait to get it on the track and check it out.
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 08:47 AM

Congrats Rookie
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 11:03 AM

Re: Rookie WON!!!!! CCS/FUSA at Summit Point (Hoovenater)

More like a sack full of points. 410 points I think!

More than half way to an expert lience ... It was a double points weekend also!

We love reading your race report's Hoov!!! Keep them comming!

post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 02:56 AM

Thanks Todd,
Are you a rogue member (I think you are), or do I need to go "copy and paste" my race report from MAM a couple weekends back? Tai probably wants to give it a read anyways.

We don't have a set # of points to gain to be an expert. At the end of the season all points from my Heavyweight races will be tallied and compared to the other novices (whether Lightweight, middleweight, or heavyweight) and only a percentage of us will get the bump to expert status. Even though I have not had a strong showing in the Heavyweight races I am sitting in 10th place (after 2 of 7 weekends). A lot of guys bailed early due to the weather we had at BIR, and MAM can bring in racers that normally don't ride the whole season (locals), so for a couple reasons I am sitting well right now. I bought a new bike for HW racing (lighter and faster) so hopefully I will start getting better results in those races. I was due for a track-bike switch, I am sure it will teach me some new things (I just hope it doesn't hurt much)
Hoov.
post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 10:53 AM

Re: Rookie WON!!!!! CCS/FUSA at Summit Point (Hoovenater)

Yup I'm on Rogue! That's where I read all of your reports. I like reading them! Always a good read! Thx!
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 12:14 PM

Yes Rookie, that is pretty cool how well you did in the races.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode